Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Sneachta wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 pm Still a bit miffed about the seating arrangements before seven o'clock. A bit pedantic I admit. Anyone else. Might ring Oriel Monday for some clarification.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Did you have an allocated stand seat that you couldn't get access to before 7 pm? I saw a number of situations where people occupied allocated seats that were easily and simply resolved early on, when there were plenty of other alternative seats available and people willingly moved
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

paul1
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by paul1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 pm

There was nothing to say allocated seats holders were entitled to their seats, a few allocated seat holders beside me came in with fifteen minutes to go and their seat was gone they had to look elsewhere..Seats should be reserved till seven o’clock and stated by the club, I’m contacting on Monday.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 pm Still a bit miffed about the seating arrangements before seven o'clock. A bit pedantic I admit. Anyone else. Might ring Oriel Monday for some clarification.

Did you have an allocated stand seat that you couldn't get access to before 7 pm? I saw a number of situations where people occupied allocated seats that were easily and simply resolved early on, when there were plenty of other alternative seats available and people willingly moved
As that approach wasn't officially used this time, it would be nice to know why it wasn't used.

I did witness one awkward situation whereby the allocated seat owners and an couple of other punters arrived almost at the exact same time to the same seats.

It's not an issue, but just highlighting it as an unnecessary hassle. Similarly for the poor soles soaked in the uncovered area.

It would question why pay the extra few quid for allocated seating. I understand cup games are not included. But it seems inconsistent on European nights.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Sneachta wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm
Ezeikial wrote:

As that approach wasn't officially used this time, it would be nice to know why it wasn't used.

I did witness one awkward situation whereby the allocated seat owners and an couple of other punters arrived almost at the exact same time to the same seats.

It's not an issue, but just highlighting it as an unnecessary hassle. Similarly for the poor soles soaked in the uncovered area.

It would question why pay the extra few quid for allocated seating. I understand cup games are not included. But it seems inconsistent on European nights.

I along with many others pay extra for an allocated seat so I don't think it is too much to ask that on a European night that we have our allocated seat available to us up to at least 7.15. The allocated seat costs me €50. The once a season European event junkies paid €30 so preference should be given to people who fork out for the allocated seat.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

paul1
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by paul1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Totally agree Niall.

JMCG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JMCG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Great to see Dundalk Democrat slating the kip , Oriel Park. What an embarrassment it is. The owners should have a press conference and , inform supporters that what they are going to do. For me there is only one option . Knock it down & build a proper ground.

Robbiedundalk2
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:31 pm

JMCG wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm Great to see Dundalk Democrat slating the kip , Oriel Park. What an embarrassment it is. The owners should have a press conference and , inform supporters that what they are going to do. For me there is only one option . Knock it down & build a proper ground.
People who go to Oriel Park are allowed to criticise Oriel Park, no some GAA loving, football hater who takes any opportunity to have a dig. The journalism is an embarrassment

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm not so sure that too many read Joe Carroll's drivel, and even less are likely to pay any head to his ramblings - even when he is correct in his description of Oriel Park as "not very pretty"

He rarely tries to hide his prejudice and is unable to conceal his ignorance of the game - he laughably describes Gannon's position is 'wing-full' .

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/ins ... o-tie.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:46 pm

JMCG wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:00 pm Great to see Dundalk Democrat slating the kip , Oriel Park. What an embarrassment it is. The owners should have a press conference and , inform supporters that what they are going to do. For me there is only one option . Knock it down & build a proper ground.
Do you realise what a new stadium would cost?? Planning alone at Oriel would be a nightmare I would imagine.
Do you know what the LOI prize money is, what the squad costs are?? What is left after from European earnings after expenses such as flights, accomadation etc. are booked??
Have you ever considered lobbying your local TD or the council to do support the club with regard to a new stadium for Dundalk. Repay the club for a lot of positive publicity and work done within the community.

I always look at it another way....Dundalk is the home of a lot of very very wealthy people, multi-millionares/billionares who like to be Dundalk people when it fits, some living/born in town and/or having started their companies in it. Why havent any of them come in and bought the club or built a community ground before now, little thank you to the community/their roots??? Simple answer is....they are business people who work(ed) hard for their money. They would never get a return on the investment with the current system operated by the LOI and FAI, hence Mike Treacy lobbying for streaming of games and improving income streams. Add to that, no bank in their right mind would finance 10-20 million for a LOI club based on LOI prize money and potential Euro cash.

That means...Peak6 would have to secure all loans, maybe even give them to the club. They said in their first public press conference that a new ground or substanial changes would be down the line and based on income streams, people seem to forget they just invested a brave amount in players facilites in the YDC, so they are willing to spend on infrastructure. Personally find it very clever, as they will not burden the club with debts, they are trying to make the club self suffient and run it as a business. Can only be good in the long term.

JMCG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JMCG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:53 pm

It might be acceptable if we were a Leinster League team , or languishing at the bottom of the graveyard First Division. But this team is the flagship for soccer on the island of Ireland , Europe & afar. Then you walk in to Oriel Park , or see it on National TV. The reaction is one of embarrassment . I think it was one of our centre half's , said in an interview why he came back to Oriel Park , pointed out the facilities for players , not the ground. Maybe we could get a loan from Dundalk Credit Union , they might give us a preferential interest rate , as a charity case.

JMCG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JMCG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Pepsi , I have been listening that for longer than I can remember . It's an indictment on the town of Dundalk that the ground has been caught in a Time Warp for over 50 years. Lobby TDs. my arse. They all know it's falling down .

JMCG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JMCG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:00 pm

It might be acceptable if we were a Leinster League team , or languishing at the bottom of the graveyard First Division. But this team is the flagship for soccer on the island of Ireland , Europe & afar. Then you walk in to Oriel Park , or see it on National TV. The reaction is one of embarrassment . I think it was one of our centre half's , said in an interview why he came back to Oriel Park , pointed out the facilities for players , not the ground. Maybe we could get a loan from Dundalk Credit Union , they might give us a preferential interest rate , as a charity case.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:06 pm

JMCG my point is...if it hasnt been done for the last 50 years why should Peak6 walk into town and within 18 months put plans on the table. Andy and Paul did a great job, took the club to a level and said we cant take it any further. They handed it to Peak6 and now we have to give them time.....there will be no quick fix to Oriel unless maybe Larry Goodman, Martin Naughton, Pearse Lyons, the Haughey or McCann family get together and stick/donate 5-10 million each into a pot and tell the club to build a new stadium to make Dundalk proud of.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Pepsi....a number of those locals you mentioned there wouldn't even spend their confirmation money never mind "invest" in Oriel. In fairness, Goodman sponsored Louth gaa for years though.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Sneachta....thats the point. If they wont spend their own money on the place and in some cases on the people who helped them reach where they are today, what right have fans got to fire demands at Peak6 who made a clear statement from day 1 that it will take time. They have kept their promises to date and I am sure they are working in the background to get partners to make a new Oriel possible.

LCC are not and have never really been interested in Dundalk FC nor the facility that is Oriel Park. Instead of giving money to a ground fit for European football and the benifits it would take to the town and county, they want to build something up the road for a first division club. Says about everything.....