Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 pm

magarnagle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 pm
I would be interested to hear other peoples interpretation of what Mark Devlin said

His call for patience and suggesting that small steps will be made do not indicate any real intent to improve the facilities in any meaningful way or to increase the capacity of the ground
“I think given the owners come from North America they understand the importance of good facilities. There are exciting times ahead, we’ll make the small steps, hopefully as quickly as possible and all I would ask is a degree of patience as we put the plan in place for more major improvements at Oriel said Devlin, who praised the dedication and levels of investment put into the clubs on-field budget by the owners since their arrival at the club.
https://www.betweenthestripes.ie/blog/2 ... l-upgrades
Have you intentionally missed the rest of the sentence where he mentions putting together plans for more major improvements? That might indicate intent.
No.

It's not a question of including or excluding parts of what he said. I thought he used loads of positive language (as any professional communicator will) but I did not get the sense that there was anything of substance likely in the near future regarding ground improvements

The current owners are in place for about 18 months and we are still in the dark about any real aspirations on ground improvement, Maybe this is because they don't have any. Ditto as regards the previous owners despite repeated talk of consultant reports and feasibility studies

I recognise that others may have got a different interpretation and sought other peoples impressions. I still do!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 am

Having just listened to the interview I'd have to agree with Ezeikial, i thought he said a lot without really saying anything.
Tbh I'm not surprised as I cant see the owners doing any major improvements apart from the smaller stuff like new toilets etc apart from the very very long shot that we somehow make the Champions League group stages.
People thinking of new grounds/stands is imo unfortunately pie in the sky...the costs involved are simply too high for owners ultimately just in it to make a profit.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 am

Very similar sort of chat as Mal Brannigan. Didnt know Mark Devlin spent time at Watford also!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Caoimhin Reilly's take on the Between the Stripes interview with Mark Devlin

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nat ... adium.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 am

Just saw a tweet from Gavin McLaughlin of Riga's home stadium. The lovely skonto stadium with a capacity of 9100.

We should be able to aspire to this surely?!?!

In 2019 their average attendance is so far 742
In 2018 their average attendance was 480
In 2017 it was 475

Bonkers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

gavinmclaughlin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gavinmclaughlin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Sat down with Mark Devlin this afternoon for a chat. Link to audio interview below.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/dundalk_sport/ma ... -27th-2019

Chrish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Chrish » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:49 pm

That all sounds pretty positive. Lets hope for a good european run so we can fund some of the plans and that the council buys in

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:31 am

Mark Devlin is doing more interviews recently than Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1144678178276958208

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Interviewed by the Robbie Benson lookalike

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Still a bit miffed about the seating arrangements before seven o'clock. A bit pedantic I admit. Anyone else. Might ring Oriel Monday for some clarification.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Still a bit miffed about the seating arrangements before seven o'clock. A bit pedantic I admit. Anyone else. Might ring Oriel Monday for some clarification.

Did you have an allocated stand seat that you couldn't get access to before 7 pm? I saw a number of situations where people occupied allocated seats that were easily and simply resolved early on, when there were plenty of other alternative seats available and people willingly moved

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by paul1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 pm

There was nothing to say allocated seats holders were entitled to their seats, a few allocated seat holders beside me came in with fifteen minutes to go and their seat was gone they had to look elsewhere..Seats should be reserved till seven o’clock and stated by the club, I’m contacting on Monday.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:

Did you have an allocated stand seat that you couldn't get access to before 7 pm? I saw a number of situations where people occupied allocated seats that were easily and simply resolved early on, when there were plenty of other alternative seats available and people willingly moved
As that approach wasn't officially used this time, it would be nice to know why it wasn't used.

I did witness one awkward situation whereby the allocated seat owners and an couple of other punters arrived almost at the exact same time to the same seats.

It's not an issue, but just highlighting it as an unnecessary hassle. Similarly for the poor soles soaked in the uncovered area.

It would question why pay the extra few quid for allocated seating. I understand cup games are not included. But it seems inconsistent on European nights.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:

As that approach wasn't officially used this time, it would be nice to know why it wasn't used.

I did witness one awkward situation whereby the allocated seat owners and an couple of other punters arrived almost at the exact same time to the same seats.

It's not an issue, but just highlighting it as an unnecessary hassle. Similarly for the poor soles soaked in the uncovered area.

It would question why pay the extra few quid for allocated seating. I understand cup games are not included. But it seems inconsistent on European nights.

I along with many others pay extra for an allocated seat so I don't think it is too much to ask that on a European night that we have our allocated seat available to us up to at least 7.15. The allocated seat costs me €50. The once a season European event junkies paid €30 so preference should be given to people who fork out for the allocated seat.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by paul1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Totally agree Niall.