2019 Season - Preview, Fixtures & Attendances

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2019 Season - Preview, Fixtures & Attendances

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm not sure why it took so long for this postponement to be announced, coming 2 days after the away match in Riga
Dundalk FC
‏Verified account
@DundalkFC

🗓️ POSTPONEMENT | Our @SSEAirtricityLg fixture with @CorkCityFC originally scheduled for Friday 19 July has been postponed. This fixture will be rescheduled at a later date and announced on our social media channels once confirmed.
https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/11 ... 7907959808

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm

John Gill article by James Rogers in this weeks Argus
John Gill: Making a manager
http://jamesrogers.ie/john-gill-making-a-manager/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I have growing reservations about Rogers as an honest actor in his Dundalk reporting. Spoiled a nice piece with this, which was witless, groundless and unnecessary:
Despite that turnaround, rumours continue to circulate about a possible changing of the guard with Perth, Gill or perhaps even both being moved on at the end of the season.
Looks like no matter how big the club grows it’ll never be free of small-time rumour peddling.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm

I may be out of the loop but that's the first I've heard of that rumour.
Having said that, I'd imagine that as soon as Vinny has the necessary badges, JG will move aside.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:18 pm

El Paso wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 pm
I have growing reservations about Rogers as an honest actor in his Dundalk reporting. Spoiled a nice piece with this, which was witless, groundless and unnecessary:
Despite that turnaround, rumours continue to circulate about a possible changing of the guard with Perth, Gill or perhaps even both being moved on at the end of the season.
Looks like no matter how big the club grows it’ll never be free of small-time rumour peddling.
There was a bit of shit stirring from him on the John Murphy show recently over the Hoban deadlock. "I know for a fact they've tried to sign a striker from the UK on bigger wages although Vinnie doesn't want him". Nothing to back it up of course, so it can never be shown to be waffle.There has obviously been a clash with someone in the club and Rogers doesn't care what damage he causes.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:18 pm

There was a bit of shit stirring from him on the John Murphy show recently over the Hoban deadlock. "I know for a fact they've tried to sign a striker from the UK on bigger wages although Vinnie doesn't want him". Nothing to back it up of course, so it can never be shown to be waffle.There has obviously been a clash with someone in the club and Rogers doesn't care what damage he causes.
I didn't hear the John Murphy show, but is there even the remotest possibility that what he said was true?

He previous reported attempts to sign cross-channel strikers, and this an extract is from an article earlier this month
Dundalk are understood to be actively in the market for a striker with recent moves by Andy Burton for Scottish striker Lawrence Shankland and Englishman Ashley Nadesan proving unsuccessful.
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ar ... 70841.html

I have no idea if there was any substance to either of the above attempts, but suspect that the salary demands from either would be significant.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 pm
oldfogey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:18 pm

I didn't hear the John Murphy show, but is there even the remotest possibility that what he said was true?

He previous reported attempts to sign cross-channel strikers, and this an extract is from an article earlier this month
Dundalk are understood to be actively in the market for a striker with recent moves by Andy Burton for Scottish striker Lawrence Shankland and Englishman Ashley Nadesan proving unsuccessful.
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/ar ... 70841.html

I have no idea if there was any substance to either of the above attempts, but suspect that the salary demands from either would be significant.
It was the tone of his statement - and the interview in general - that struck me as very much "anti owners". We are looking favourites for back to back doubles and yet he seemed intent on causing a row with the club the week before first game in Europe.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm

El Paso wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 pm
I just don't understand! Why on earth would a change of personnel management be even considered? Mischievous posting
The Back of the Wall

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:47 pm

James Rogers
@jamesdundalk
The FAI have confirmed that Dundalk's game with St Patrick's Athletic originally scheduled for next Friday July 26th has been postponed until a later date due to the Lilywhites advancing in Europe
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 4684045312

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:46 pm

I've held off doing this but it's got to the point where the next 3 and a half months will need to be carefully managed. I see that Rovers have opted to take the league game against Cork on Sunday week. Nothing to do with the fact that Greg Bolger, Trevor Clark and Sean Callan have suspensions to serve.

To be rearranged.
Dundalk v UCD (14 June)
Dundalk v Cork City (19 July) 📲
St Patrick's Ath v Dundalk (26 July)

Scheduled matches/dates
Wed 24 Jul CLQ2 Dundalk v Qarabag
Wed 31 Jul CLQ2 Qarabag v Dundalk
■Sat 03 Aug Sligo Rovers v Dundalk 📲
■Mon 05 Aug Dundalk v Bohemians EA Sports Cup SF
Tue/Thu 06-08 Aug CL/EL Q3 Leg 1
■Fri/Sun 09-11 Aug Cobh Ramblers v Dundalk FAI Cup R1
Tue/Thu 13 or 15 Aug CL/EL Q3 Leg 2
■Fri 16 Aug Dundalk v Finn Harps 📲
Fri 23 Aug FAI Cup R2
Fri 30 Aug UCD v Dundalk
Fri 06 Sep FAI Cup QF
Fri 13 Sep Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers
Sat 14 Sep EA Sports Cup Final
Fri 20 Sep Waterford v Dundalk
W/E 27/29 Sep FAI Cup Semi-Finals
Fri 04 Oct Dundalk v Derry City
Fri 11 Oct Bohemians v Dundalk
Fri 18 Oct Cork City v Dundalk
Fri 25 Oct Dundalk v St Patrick's Ath

■Likely to be refixed.
📲 Trial Streaming (non RoI)

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:35 am

Gavin McLaughlin
@DundalkSport
Latest on this is that it could be played next Sunday. Dundalk scheduled to fly to Azerbaijan on Monday week for the second leg.
https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 0671482880

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Match away to St Pat's now fixed for Saturday evening.

To be rearranged.
Dundalk v UCD (14 June)
Dundalk v Cork City (19 July) 📲

Scheduled matches/dates
Wed 24 Jul CLQ2 Dundalk v Qarabag
Sat 27 Jul St Patrick's Ath v Dundalk ko 5.30
Wed 31 Jul CLQ2 Qarabag v Dundalk
■Sat 03 Aug Sligo Rovers v Dundalk 📲
■Mon 05 Aug Dundalk v Bohemians EA Sports Cup SF
Tue/Thu 06-08 Aug CL/EL Q3 Leg 1
■Fri/Sun 09-11 Aug Cobh Ramblers v Dundalk FAI Cup R1
Tue/Thu 13 or 15 Aug CL/EL Q3 Leg 2
■Fri 16 Aug Dundalk v Finn Harps 📲
Fri 23 Aug FAI Cup R2
Fri 30 Aug UCD v Dundalk
Fri 06 Sep FAI Cup QF
Fri 13 Sep Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers
Sat 14 Sep EA Sports Cup Final
Fri 20 Sep Waterford v Dundalk
W/E 27/29 Sep FAI Cup Semi-Finals
Fri 04 Oct Dundalk v Derry City
Fri 11 Oct Bohemians v Dundalk
Fri 18 Oct Cork City v Dundalk
Fri 25 Oct Dundalk v St Patrick's Ath

■Likely to be refixed.
📲 Trial Streaming (non RoI)

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Probably makes sense to play the Pats game. I'm guessing Sligo away might be more likely to get postponed as it's in between 2 Euro away games. I suspect we'd go ahead and play Cobh, Harps and FAI Cup 2 in between Euro games if necessary

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Cobh Ramblers are promoting the cup meeting as a double bill event - they obviously see this as going ahead on Sat 10 Aug with a 7pm kick off time
Cobh Ramblers FC
@CobhRamblersFC
🎙St Colman’s Park presents Cobh’s FAI Cup Weekend!

August 9th |
@cobhwanderers
v
@LimerickFCie

August 10th |
@CobhRamblersFC
v
@DundalkFC

🎤 Post Match entertainment both nights!

In association with
@cobhwanderers
@FotaIsland
and
@Randridge_

#StrongerTogether
https://twitter.com/CobhRamblersFC/stat ... 8852596737

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:07 pm

seand wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm
Probably makes sense to play the Pats game. I'm guessing Sligo away might be more likely to get postponed as it's in between 2 Euro away games. I suspect we'd go ahead and play Cobh, Harps and FAI Cup 2 in between Euro games if necessary
There's also the not insignificant matter of an EA Sports Cup SF at home to Bohs on Monday 5th. They are away to Finn Harps on the previous Friday, so it's not going to be moved to Sunday, unless both sides agree to play reserve players. Even then, we should be spending the weekend focusing on the opposition for Wednesday or Thursday, rather than getting distracted. .