EA Sports Cup 2019

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: EA Sports Cup 2019

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:07 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:31 pm
Derry City Central
@DCFCCentral
It seems as though we have pretty much sold out the League Cup Final against Dundalk on September 14th. Dundalk, who have been allocated around 800 tickets, are also on course to sell out their allocation. Should be a cracking game under the Brandywell lights! #DCFC90 #RAWA28 🇵🇪
https://twitter.com/DCFCCentral/status/ ... 4521286656

While this tweet is not from the official Derry City account, if the detail is correct it looks like we got 800 out of 2900 tickets - that's less than 30%

At face vale, there is something not right here!
How many would we give derry for oriel? Would we give them half of the 6000 capacity or half of 4500 capacity? Realistically no we wouldn't.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:07 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:31 pm
Derry City Central
@DCFCCentral
It seems as though we have pretty much sold out the League Cup Final against Dundalk on September 14th. Dundalk, who have been allocated around 800 tickets, are also on course to sell out their allocation. Should be a cracking game under the Brandywell lights! #DCFC90 #RAWA28 🇵🇪
https://twitter.com/DCFCCentral/status/ ... 4521286656

While this tweet is not from the official Derry City account, if the detail is correct it looks like we got 800 out of 2900 tickets - that's less than 30%

At face vale, there is something not right here!
How many would we give derry for oriel? Would we give them half of the 6000 capacity or half of 4500 capacity? Realistically no we wouldn't.
In the first instance, the EA Sports Cup final is an FAI run event, so unlike normal league matches the home club cannot unilaterally dictate how the tickets are being allocated. There is no question of a simple automatic 50/50 split of tickets between both clubs as there are a number of other factors to be considered including FAI required VIP & sponsor ticket allocation; the likely demand from each club along with the configuration of the ground and the safe segregation of fans would likely be the single biggest issue.

That ability to safely segregate fans would be different in Oriel Park than in Brandywell or Tallaght for example. Similarly the demand from fans would be different where Dundalk are involved as opposed to Cobh Ramblers.

If the numbers being suggested are correct (and I dont know that they are) I can't see why Dundalk would get less than 30% of the tickets on the basis that demand from Dundalk is likely to exceed 800 tickets and the ground should easily be able to accommodate any required split from a safety and segregation perspective
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:10 am

After whatever sponsor etc tickets are taken out it should be a 50:50 split of tickets. It’s not a Derry City match.

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rummy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:16 am

How many tickets did Rovers fans get when we held the final?

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:01 am

Whats the problem? Tickets have been on sale all week and we still have not sold our allocation.
Club also said if we sell our allocation we will get more, so it's likely there is more tickets being held back and Derry have sold what they were given.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 am

rummy wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:16 am
How many tickets did Rovers fans get when we held the final?
Yep, I don't think there were too many people on here insisting that Rovers get half the ground in 2014. The capacity of the away end was temporarily extended to over 1,000 though. 800 seems a bit measly though for Dundalk in Derry, if that is the case.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Allocation has sold out. Presume everyone that can and wants to go has tickets but if not maybe more tickets will be made available in the coming days?

Still, it's great that even after so many years of success we still have an appetite for more.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkChampions » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Derrys stadium only holds around 3000. 800 is a good amount tickets.

How many were at the final in Tallaght, 700?

How many Rovers have in Oriel 7/800?

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Final is a sell out, which is wonderful to see.

Bit of a banana skin - Derry are the only club to give us real trouble this season and were a crossbar's height from knocking us out of the FAI Cup. Wouldn't have us as heavy favourites or anything.

Looks like the entire back five will rotate again for the final, i.e. the five that played v Cork. Would be hard to leave out Kelly after the hat-trick, so think McGrath will be on the bench So my guess for the starting line up:

Rogers
Gannon-Cleary-Boyle-Jarvis
Benson-Shields
DKelly-McEleney-Duffy
Hoban

Are we staying in the lucky purple kit for it?!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm

My hunch is that there are a fair few unresolved questions about the preferred starting line up

Centre Back - Two from Andy Boyle, Daniel Cleary and Sean Hoare. Any two from those three will be fine

Left Back - Dane Massey or Dean Jarvis? Either could start, but the fact that Massey started in Waterford with Jarvis on the bench indicates to me that a switch is planned for Saturday. There is not much between them, but Jarvis would be my preference

Central Midfield - Chris Shields will clearly start, but the fitness of Robbie Benson and Sean Murray could play an important part in VP's decision making as to who will play the no 8 role. Patrick McEleney could easily feature here if neither are deemed sufficiently match fit

Right Wing - Daniel Kelly may be high on confidence, but low on fitness after taking a knock on Monday night. Jamie McGrath could easily start on the wing depending on the fitness of Kelly and the other midfielders. A fit Daniel Kelly flying at a tiring Derry defence is a terrifying thought for their left back

No 10 - Patrick McEleney of Jamie McGrath depending on the baove

Centre Forward - Patrick Hoban will almost certainly start ahead of Georgie Kelly

If all are fully fit my preferred starting team would be

Rogers
Gannon | Cleary | Boyle | Jarvis
Shields | Benson
McGrath | McEleney | Duffy
Hoban
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:12 pm

With almost a week recovery until he next match, Waterford away, I reckon Vinny will play his strongest possible team available. Very similar to Ezeikals side above but with Massey at Left Back and depending on Robbie Bensons fitness after Monday night if he plays

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 pm

My preference would be the same as ezekials.
If kelly hadn't of stole the show with his hatrick I would have thought shields Benson mceleny with mcgrath on the right but Benson might have to miss out with kelly starting.
Team I see him going for...
Rodger
Gannon cleary Boyle massey.
Shields Benson
Mcgrath Mceleney duffy
Hoban

As without kelly on the bench there would be no quick impact sub.

Duffman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Duffman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 pm

El Paso wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Are we staying in the lucky purple kit for it?!
I'd hope not. If I'm Fyffes putting in €x thousands in sponsorship I'd be expecting to have my logo on show on the TV and in all the associated media coverage. I've often wondered how Fyffes felt about the new 3rd kit just for normal cup games. Of course maybe they're fully on board with the charitable route taken, I can't remember seeing anything about it.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Fyffe's managing director, Ger Cunningham, lauded the club for its commitment to the project. “A sense of corporate social responsibility is at the core of everything we do, so much so we are delighted to cooperate with Temple Street Children’s Hospital once again in this innovative new approach to fundraising.

“The work that Temple Street and other hospitals and health treatment centres do to safeguard and treat the health of our young people is a cause wholly worthy of everyone’s support,” he added.
Fyffes is across the back. I vaguely remember seeing that it wouldn’t be worn in an FAI Cup Final

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Derry City manager Declan Devine talks to derrycityfc.net at the EA SPORTS Cup Final media day at FAI HQ.

3 minute audio:
https://soundcloud.com/dcfconline/decla ... -cup-final