2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 pm Just to be 100% crystal clear, I don't agree or disagree with the points any of you have made.

JUST F#&¥ING TAKE IT BEHIND THE BICYCLE SHED AND LEAVE THE REST OF US TO ENJOY A BIT OF CREME EGG.
You'd rather bury your head in the sand? If we can't raise concerns that are critical to the future of the club here where the hell can we?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 pm
oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 pm Just to be 100% crystal clear, I don't agree or disagree with the points any of you have made.

JUST F#&¥ING TAKE IT BEHIND THE BICYCLE SHED AND LEAVE THE REST OF US TO ENJOY A BIT OF CREME EGG.
You'd rather bury your head in the sand? If we can't raise concerns that are critical to the future of the club here where the hell can we?
100% correct L4S.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Peak11 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:07 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:40 pm

100% correct L4S.
Heard facebook is wild these days!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

We all welcome constructive discussion but this childish personal pi$$ing contest is boring.

And for the record I have done my stint behind the scenes in the club, 65 hours a week and more, and times were a lot tougher than they are now. Don't assume that everybody out there cares less about the club than you do. Or that everybody else knows less than you do about what goes on behind the scenes.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

We all welcome constructive discussion but this childish personal pi$$ing contest is boring.

And for the record I have done my stint behind the scenes in the club, 65 hours a week and more, and times were a lot tougher than they are now. Don't assume that everybody out there cares less about the club than you do. Or that everybody else knows less than you do about what goes on behind the scenes.
Fair play to you for your stint, it's appreciated by this fan as is the volunteering work from other fans which seems to have been taken for granted by current owners. As a former volunteer yourself do you not feel a little anger about that?

I've never once suggested that everyone cares less about the club than me, that's a ridiculous accusation. I've also never once stated that I know more about what's going on behind the scenes than others. Everything I am saying is public knowledge.

Are you happy with how the club has been run over the past twelve months?

Welcome to the debate.....
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm
oldfogey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Fair play to you for your stint, it's appreciated by this fan as is the volunteering work from other fans which seems to have been taken for granted by current owners. As a former volunteer yourself do you not feel a little anger about that?

I've never once suggested that everyone cares less about the club than me, that's a ridiculous accusation. I've also never once stated that I know more about what's going on behind the scenes than others. Everything I am saying is public knowledge.

Are you happy with how the club has been run over the past twelve months?

Welcome to the debate.....
I didn't do it for appreciation then, but because it was necessary, nor do I do it now for that reason, albeit in a different area. Like many here I've been involved in my share of acquisitions/disposal/mergers, and on both sides of the desk. On average, american businesses are the worst post acquisition, believing that their way is best dispensing with local knowledge at speed. In the case of NBA, NFL, MLB, they are entitled to that view.

I'm not going to try and presume that I know the dynamics in the back office. I'm not going to presume that I know whether there are outside influences on team selections and tactics. What I do know is this. Men like Bill Hulsizer will never agree to having been wrong nor, indeed, will they change their mind. Are things not going right behind the scenes - absolutely. Are they not going right on the pitch - absof£¥₩inglutely. Can I put my finger on the exact cause? No, and I won't speculate because you never really know unless you experience it first hand. The world and his mother can see that Abibi is not currently good enough to be our first choice keeper. So why is he starting? Was he promised?(wouldn't be first time at the club a player was given that kind of guarantee). Are we using the league to develop him because - like 2020 - the focus is on group stages in Europe. That sounds kind of crazy but normal logic doesn't seem to apply here and, sadly, that includes paying the slightest heed to the fans. We are not like Sligo where they needed the supporters to raise €80k last year. Peak6 will have already budgeted to run the club this year without ST or any other money from us. This is the American mindset. Remember an owner will move an NFL club to a different city for money/new stadium. Existing fan base are collateral damage.

I can only hope that the players (well those who care) can turn it around. That or some blind bit of luck on the coaching front.
Last edited by oldfogey on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm

100% this is a debate worth having and continuing but maybe in the right thread?

Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Peak11 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 am

Everyone in the squad except Boyle, Adedokun, and O’Kane can start looking for new clubs in 11 weeks time, right?