Supporters Club

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Supporters Club

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 3:55 pm

magarnagle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:28 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:15 pm This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but just in case.

The banner “we want our club back” was not a literal demand for the current owners to hand the ownership over to the protesters.

If you genuinely thought that, then I’m a wallet inspector and please have your wallet ready for inspection.
Can you explain what the meaning was so?

When I seen it I toom it mean Peak 6 gone and back to how it was before they took over. Is that correct?
Here’s my Twitter thread about the protest

https://twitter.com/prolebob/status/139 ... 95782?s=21

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat May 29, 2021 3:57 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:39 pm That’s just more distraction.

We had money. More than enough to budget for success for years. If the owners decide to leave now after three years and we’re bust, whose fault is it.
Ahh will you ever move on you bluffer. If you think €3 million is "more than enough to budget for success for years", you are either on the piss take or you are so far away from the reality of running a club that it is dangerous if young lads are listening to you prior to protesting. You have a touch of Sinn Fein about you ...... we are going to sink the price of electricity, raise the dole and social benifits and promise we will sink taxes at the same time. Pie in the sky stuff.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm

What was our budget 2013-2017 and what was our income? How did we do?

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm What was our budget 2013-2017 and what was our income? How did we do?
Distracting with questions???

I will however answer you, just in case any young lads are reading here and believe the spin you are putting on things.
Andy and Paul got rid of the club because they couldnt take it any further - Most important question; what do you think they meant when making that statement??
Add to that the following:
Inflation
Players earning more
Improved full time set up

Has the dole / rent allowance / childrens allowance remained at the same level from 2013 - 2017 up to today??? Cost of living the same today as it was in 2017?? Simple facts are .... costs within the LOI have increased, unfortunately income for clubs hasnt increased at the same level nor speed. Why do you think Rovers needed 2 investors to pump money in??

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Sat May 29, 2021 4:18 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:55 pm
magarnagle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:28 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:15 pm This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but just in case.

The banner “we want our club back” was not a literal demand for the current owners to hand the ownership over to the protesters.

If you genuinely thought that, then I’m a wallet inspector and please have your wallet ready for inspection.
Can you explain what the meaning was so?

When I seen it I toom it mean Peak 6 gone and back to how it was before they took over. Is that correct?
Here’s my Twitter thread about the protest

https://twitter.com/prolebob/status/139 ... 95782?s=21
Thanks but I'm non the wiser after reading that. I wanted to know what the context behind "we want our club back" was. Is it just that they want more communication and transparency from the club about what is going on and why decisions are made?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 4:29 pm

Sorry, I thought I answered that in the previous reply and you’d see it. Still getting the hang of this. I’ll quote Danny

We want our club back is in reference to wanting him gone and not making the decisions and dismantling our club. We want our club back , the club that we know and Love and no controversy & a great buzz around town.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm

We had money. More than enough to budget for success for years. If the owners decide to leave now after three years and we’re bust, whose fault is it.
Ok so seeing as you know and aren't plucking figures out of the sky, how much money had we then to budget for success for years?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 4:52 pm

The accounts are published every year.

Are people seriously saying that from a starting point of 3 million in cash in January 2018 and European income every single year since including 3 million more last year that being in debt now is acceptable? That it doesn’t reflect badly on how the club has been run?

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 am

Pepsi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:57 pm

Ahh will you ever move on you bluffer. If you think €3 million is "more than enough to budget for success for years", you are either on the piss take or you are so far away from the reality of running a club that it is dangerous if young lads are listening to you prior to protesting. You have a touch of Sinn Fein about you ...... we are going to sink the price of electricity, raise the dole and social benifits and promise we will sink taxes at the same time. Pie in the sky stuff.
€3M SHOULD have been enough to budget for success for years. If we raised our playing budget by 500k for six years we would have dominated if spent wisely.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun May 30, 2021 7:36 am

Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:52 pm The accounts are published every year.

Are people seriously saying that from a starting point of 3 million in cash in January 2018 and European income every single year since including 3 million more last year that being in debt now is acceptable? That it doesn’t reflect badly on how the club has been run?
Some fans seem to be willing to accept that and it's astonishing. It's almost like an abusive relationship at this stage.

In four years we've gone from 3M in the bank to owing 1.5M with nothing really to show for it apart from the YDC improvements. We have a wage budget of €70k a week and are closer to being relegated than winning the league at the moment. Some fans seem to be willing to accept this because of the fear of what happens if Bill goes and Peak6 follow. I'm more worried of where we'll be if he doesn't go.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun May 30, 2021 7:47 am

Pepsi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm What was our budget 2013-2017 and what was our income? How did we do?
Distracting with questions???

I will however answer you, just in case any young lads are reading here and believe the spin you are putting on things.
Andy and Paul got rid of the club because they couldnt take it any further - Most important question; what do you think they meant when making that statement??
Add to that the following:
Inflation
Players earning more
Improved full time set up

Has the dole / rent allowance / childrens allowance remained at the same level from 2013 - 2017 up to today??? Cost of living the same today as it was in 2017?? Simple facts are .... costs within the LOI have increased, unfortunately income for clubs hasnt increased at the same level nor speed. Why do you think Rovers needed 2 investors to pump money in??
Ahhhh Pepsi you're not even trying any more. Inflation from 2017 to 2020 was less than 2% and players are only earning more because Peak6 are paying them more.

Why didn't you mention Covid?? That would be some semblance of valid excuse as income is obviously significantly down for that. Thankfully the impact was offset somewhat with the European windfall.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun May 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Louth4sam you genuinely think the club could have offered Hoban, McMillan, McEleany and Boyle the same deals as they had before they went to the UK and the club would have re-signed them without problems??? You believe the players we re-signed (contract renewals) on contracts over the years would roll over and say .... Ohhh yes Dundalk FC .... my last contract was €X per month, give me the same again or just give me 2% more to match inflation???
As for €500k per season on top of budgets ...... that would have been €20k per employee based on a full time staff of 25. Add to that the additional taxes the employer has to pay .... wouldnt be much to convince top players to re-sign, other clubs are pushing the boat out, meaning we either better their offers or risk players leaving. What do you think is the difference between Towels (he is a player fans wanted back at Dundalk) wages is prior to going to England, compared to what he is going to be getting at Rovers???

Covid, I would hope that even the youngest lad out protesting would realise that had Peak6 not been at the helm no one would have been fully paid by the club, everyone including players would have been on furlough schemes and finacially the club would be a border line case relying 100% on government handouts and banks to keep them afloat. Europe came at the right time, what would the case have been had we not made it to the group stages??

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am

Pepsi wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:16 pm Louth4sam you genuinely think the club could have offered Hoban, McMillan, McEleany and Boyle the same deals as they had before they went to the UK and the club would have re-signed them without problems??? You believe the players we re-signed (contract renewals) on contracts over the years would roll over and say .... Ohhh yes Dundalk FC .... my last contract was €X per month, give me the same again or just give me 2% more to match inflation???
As for €500k per season on top of budgets ...... that would have been €20k per employee based on a full time staff of 25. Add to that the additional taxes the employer has to pay .... wouldnt be much to convince top players to re-sign, other clubs are pushing the boat out, meaning we either better their offers or risk players leaving. What do you think is the difference between Towels (he is a player fans wanted back at Dundalk) wages is prior to going to England, compared to what he is going to be getting at Rovers???

Covid, I would hope that even the youngest lad out protesting would realise that had Peak6 not been at the helm no one would have been fully paid by the club, everyone including players would have been on furlough schemes and finacially the club would be a border line case relying 100% on government handouts and banks to keep them afloat. Europe came at the right time, what would the case have been had we not made it to the group stages??
We could have offered and yes they probably would have been refused and we move on to the next player. If you double or triple a players wage, it doesn't automatically make them twice or three times as good. We shouldn't be held to ransom by any player and should only pay what they're worth. I know you'll disagree but Bill buddied up with agents and it has cost us big. He even complimented them in the interview a few weeks back. I will save you the bother and preempt your response "well it's Peak6 money". It is, but if the argument here is justifying the spend. I don't see how blowing through €4.5M (while winning two cups and two leagues) can be justified when we were winning trophies without spending that money. If we hadn't have qualified for Europe we could be €3M extra in debt. So realistically we were a penalty shootout of spending €7.5M since Peak6 took over.

Seriously Pepsi, how can you justify that? Are you happy right now if you are Matt Hulsizer or are you looking for the exit.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm

To get things right, I believe no play this season the Dundalk team has justified his earnings and Matt cannot be happy with what he is seeing. I also assume this is why I am hearing from various sources who own UK, Austrian and German teams that Dundalk could be sold to the right owner if they make the right offer, which would not be much. In fact I know that the owner of an English club looked very closely at us recently and walked away as he didnt see potential support from the local authorities when he looked at stadium redevelopment.
Why are they being paid so much ..... supply and demand. Name a player of similar standard Irish playere to McEleany, Hoban or Duffy that we could sign for less money?? Had we not re-signed players or offered them more money where would they have moved too??? Do you think Finn signed for Rovers because they offered him less (we wont even talk about the job for his missus and the job for him (with company car) with one of their sponsors?? Do you think Ganno moved to Tallaght because they were offering him less??? Do you think Towell signed for them because they were offering less???

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm To get things right, I believe no play this season the Dundalk team has justified his earnings and Matt cannot be happy with what he is seeing. I also assume this is why I am hearing from various sources who own UK, Austrian and German teams that Dundalk could be sold to the right owner if they make the right offer, which would not be much. In fact I know that the owner of an English club looked very closely at us recently and walked away as he didnt see potential support from the local authorities when he looked at stadium redevelopment.
Why are they being paid so much ..... supply and demand. Name a player of similar standard Irish playere to McEleany, Hoban or Duffy that we could sign for less money?? Had we not re-signed players or offered them more money where would they have moved too??? Do you think Finn signed for Rovers because they offered him less (we wont even talk about the job for his missus and the job for him (with company car) with one of their sponsors?? Do you think Ganno moved to Tallaght because they were offering him less??? Do you think Towell signed for them because they were offering less???
There is some interest in the club at the moment but I'd imagine it'll depend on what mess Peak6 leave the club in. They are owed mid seven figures from loans as per the 2020 accounts and would only imagine it will get worse this season (if we don't get group stages) and next season (if we don't make Europe). If a new owner was ruthless enough and interested they would be better off waiting to see if we're on our knees later in the year.

I'm not sure it is supply and demand rather agents getting their players more than they are worth. Rather than singling out individual players as we don't know what their wages are I'd say with great confidence a lot of us could assemble a strong enough squad to challenge for the league than we have now from within the league for a lot less than €70k a week. That's an average of €2.8k per player for a squad of 25 players. That's madness.
If Rovers offer more than us for players that are not worth it leave them at it. Ganno wasn't worth a four year contract on the wages wanted based on his previous two seasons and Towell certainly isn't worth what we offered him (we matched Rovers).