Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 pm
El Paso wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 pm
Might not see a new CEO. The first two were a total bust. Think the interventions of old man Bill and the return of Colm is an indication of how things might be for the next while - Martin, Vinny and Colm running the show and going direct to Treacey and Hulsizer for permission/approval.
I'd be happy with this. Its important to have someone involved with the management that represents the fans and I think Colm will do this.
He has in the past represented the fans - in the Trust days - but what evidence is there that he has done this since becoming club secretary back in 2012?

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 pm
Louth4sam wrote:
El Paso wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 pm
Might not see a new CEO. The first two were a total bust. Think the interventions of old man Bill and the return of Colm is an indication of how things might be for the next while - Martin, Vinny and Colm running the show and going direct to Treacey and Hulsizer for permission/approval.
I'd be happy with this. Its important to have someone involved with the management that represents the fans and I think Colm will do this.
He has in the past represented the fans - in the Trust days - but what evidence is there that he has done this since becoming club secretary back in 2012?
I'd imagine I have the the same amount of evidence that he has done this as I have that he hasn't. None

However I trust Colm. He is a diehard Dundalk fan and if he is moving up in the ranks like some have suggested that can only be a good thing
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:03 am

Colm, Bill and Martin sounds good, however I am missing the marketing/business side of things on a local/national level. Martin, lovely man, football mad however not going to sell the club to sponsors etc., Bill, extended arm of his son (no disrespect meant whatsoever) who is new to LOI/Dundalk and Colm...is he the missing part?? Great guy but again like Martin I dont see him drawing up a marketing plan and hard selling it nor do I see him sitting down and negociating with the likes of Umbro, Puma, Paypal etc. to generate extra income.

David however has a proven background in sales and marketing within sports with CX/Hourseware. I would imagine he would be more in touch with the income generation, marketing, local/national business contacts side of things than the others, may also open politicial doors. I could be wrong but he is certainly someone I would like to see involved in the big picture before another CEO is appointed from club X in the lower UK divisions.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

Louth4sam wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:28 am
Ezeikial wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 pm
Louth4sam wrote:

I'd imagine I have the the same amount of evidence that he has done this as I have that he hasn't. None

However I trust Colm. He is a diehard Dundalk fan and if he is moving up in the ranks like some have suggested that can only be a good thing
I agree that Colm Murphy is an ardent and committed Dundalk fan who has given tremendous volunteer service to the club in his role of Club Secretary. I think it is also true to say that he has build up trust and respect from supporters based not just on this, but also around his leadership and active involvement on the website & programme.

While it is a given that he is likely to have the best interests of the club at heart, it is a stretch to say that he represents the fans in some way. This ceased when the Trust was arbitrarily folded up back in 2012/2013.

A similar supporters organisation would be a great way to have supporters represented in an open, transparent and accountable way
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:00 pm

https://twitter.com/DfcRetro/status/1199776752022802433

Seems they have done work on the shop....maybe why the Marshes aint happening.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 am

New position of Chief Business Officer now being advertised

It seems that this is effectively a commercial manager position with some reference to "community and supporter engagement" thrown in for good measure

https://www.dundalkfc.com/vacancy-chief ... s-officer/

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 am

Media Content Officer position advertised

https://www.dundalkfc.com/vacancy-2-med ... t-officer/

This is a role that traditionally has been filled by a number of volunteers. I'm not sure if this is a progressive or regressive step.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 am
I'm not sure if this is a progressive or regressive step.
Please explain....surely professionalising things should be progressive. We had enough local journalists who were not happy last season.

The way I see it they have basically split the CEO role into 2 positions......1 for the commerical side and 1 for the media side of things. Also means should someone leave you are not starting from scratch again as has been the case when the 2 former CEOs left after a short period.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Dan Pope removed as Head of Comms from the Club Directory. Mike Treacey has quietened down a bit and might be more Chairman in future than quasi CEO.

It seems safe to say there was a lot of flux off the pitch last season, which is another feather in Vinny’s cap in my book.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 am
I'm not sure if this is a progressive or regressive step.
Please explain....surely professionalising things should be progressive. We had enough local journalists who were not happy last season.
Paying someone to do a particular job does not guarantee that standards improve - that really depends on the quality of the person recruited and whether they are facilitated to do their job.

The website and match programme are multi-year award winners. While there are lots of other areas for improvement, if the current volunteers are dispensed with the results could actually dis-improve,

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 pm

OK I can see where you are coming from but my understanding is that the club is looking for someone to be the face of the club for marketing and public relations. As I said before, I genuinely believe they have split the CEO job into 2 positions.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Dan P may have left for another role? Either way I thought he was excellent at the interviews. He is freelance, so it is possible he has got other options.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 pm
OK I can see where you are coming from but my understanding is that the club is looking for someone to be the face of the club for marketing and public relations. As I said before, I genuinely believe they have split the CEO job into 2 positions.
Other than the obvious of how content for these communication channels is a part of the wider marketing function, there is no indication that this position requires any knowledge or experience of marketing.

Maybe any caution or sceptism on my part is misplaced and the club will end up with a multi-talented marketing whizz who can expand the role beyond a series of interviews. Maybe Mike Treacy can also let go of trying to micro-manage and censor the information flow

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Interview on jamesrogers.ie with Martin Connolly.

http://jamesrogers.ie/martin-connolly-q ... t-dundalk/

Interesting read. More ‘this is going to happen’ words and easy to be cynical, but I think they were hamstrung by all that Burton fckacting last season, so they deserve a chance and some time. And for me they’ve already done much better in terms of engagement the last month than we’ve seen in a while.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Interesting interview. Lets hope auld Bill plays Santa and brings a few truck loads of cement for behind the town end. Would make a few people in here happy...