Dundalk V Derry City | Fri 20 Apr | 7:45 | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk V Derry City | Fri 20 Apr | 7:45 | Oriel Park

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:02 am

Tonights match against Limerick will mean we have a day less for recovery as compared to Derry City who won 3-1 over Bohs in the Brandywell last night. That is 7 wins on the spin in all competitions with 6 of them league wins - hitting the net 18 times in those 6 matches. Last nights saw 3 good goals. Video now up from RTE

https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/986177344388976640

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Derry City | Fri 20 Apr | 7:45 | Oriel Park

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Derry are flying but I fancy us to bring them crashing back to earth. They will likely fancy their chances with confidence riding high. If they open up and try to go toe to toe with us then I can only see one winner.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Something has to give on the run of league wins on Friday.

Dundalk matched Derry's 6 consecutive league wins after the victory over Limerick and have scored 13 goals in that period conceding only 1
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Plus they play on an artificial surface so Kenny Shiels can fook away off with his excuses at full time. He'll have to think of better excuses for a defeat of we beat them. Goals in this game I think. Exciting players on both sides. 3-2 town

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Kenny Shiels trying to spread some belief prior to coming to Oriel Park on Friday

Derry visit Dundalk at Oriel Park on Friday night and clearly go there with momentum.

Their latest win takes City above Waterford into third in the Premier Division, just three points behind the Lilywhites.

The club are also the highest scorers in the league with 22 goals.

As they prepare to leave Fortress Brandywell though, Shiels has a reminder for anyone who thinks his side will be a soft touch on the road.

Having beaten both Sligo Rovers in the Premier Division and Finn Harps in the EA Sports Cup this month alone on their travels, the manager is feeling confident.

He cautioned: “People forget we won our last two away games within a few days of each other.

“It’s not as if we can’t play away from home. We’ve beaten Sligo, Finn Harps and also Bohs away so there’s not many teams that have won three away games.

“You have to look at the start of our season. I knew we weren’t ready and said that to my staff — that we had to try to paper over the cracks.

“Now I think we must be right up there with most goals scored in the league. It takes us up to 22 and that’s the most in the league. Cork have 20.”

Shiels is drumming it into his players’ heads that they are winners.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/24 ... n-mcbride/

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Derry City | Fri 20 Apr | 7:45 | Oriel Park

Postby Sneachta » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Kenny Shiels trying to spread some belief prior to coming to Oriel Park on Friday

Derry visit Dundalk at Oriel Park on Friday night and clearly go there with momentum.

Their latest win takes City above Waterford into third in the Premier Division, just three points behind the Lilywhites.

The club are also the highest scorers in the league with 22 goals.

As they prepare to leave Fortress Brandywell though, Shiels has a reminder for anyone who thinks his side will be a soft touch on the road.

Having beaten both Sligo Rovers in the Premier Division and Finn Harps in the EA Sports Cup this month alone on their travels, the manager is feeling confident.

He cautioned: “People forget we won our last two away games within a few days of each other.

“It’s not as if we can’t play away from home. We’ve beaten Sligo, Finn Harps and also Bohs away so there’s not many teams that have won three away games.

“You have to look at the start of our season. I knew we weren’t ready and said that to my staff — that we had to try to paper over the cracks.

“Now I think we must be right up there with most goals scored in the league. It takes us up to 22 and that’s the most in the league. Cork have 20.”

Shiels is drumming it into his players’ heads that they are winners.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/24 ... n-mcbride/
Is he talking about us with 22 goals scored. Check those 13 leaked compared to one. Lol. He's some man for an ould yarn is Kenny.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Sneachta wrote:Is he talking about us with 22 goals scored. Check those 13 leaked compared to one. Lol. He's some man for an ould yarn is Kenny.

To be fair he was probably interviewed after the Derry's 3-1 win over Bohs on Monday night. At that stage they were top scorers with 22 goals, Cork were on 20 and Dundalk on 19.

I expect we will hear a lot more entertaining stuff from Kenny Shiels over the next few days

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Michael Duffy senses Dundalk feeling 'confident' ahead of 'huge' game against Derry City
THE SIDES FACE EACH OTHER FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON TOMORROW NIGHT
Dundalk FC winger Michael Duffy says his side will take confidence into Friday night's crunch SSE Airtricity League Premier Division clash with third place Derry City at Oriel Park.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... -city.html

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Team news

Dundalk will be without Karolis Chvedukas once more as he recovers from an ankle problem however Daniel Cleary and Krizstián Adorján both come back into contention after missing Tuesday evening’s win due to hamstring and concussion respectively. Gary Rogers made his return at Market’s Field from a calf problem as did Sean Hoare from his groin injury which kept both out for the best part of three weeks and they are available for selection.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-derry-city-7/

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 pm

True to form, loads of controversial (or annoying, depending on your disposition) stuff from Kenny Shiels

"We're playing a team which is very regimental and structured in their play and which makes the least mistakes in the league," said Shiels.

"So we have to be creative and inventive instead of trying to fight them."

He added: "We have to try to bring out areas of our game which are maybe better than them.

"They have so much experience and they know how to kill a game, buy a free-kick or get an opponent yellow-carded - their players are very crafty.

"They know how to win a free-kick when it's not a free-kick. I see it in their game all the time and it's very prevalent in how they play but you can't deny the qualities they have."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43826419

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:26 pm

I am sure that no body other than journalists and fans are paying any attention to this charade from Kenny Shiels. His post-match stuff if Derry are steamrolled tomorrow night should be priceless

James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk
Derry will be without up to 4 players for their trip to Dundalk tomorrow but Kenny Shiels wasn't too keen on divulging who they are.

"I have three players definitely out and a fourth extremely doubtful but it would be of no benefit to Derry City for me to start listing names."

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 2900699136

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 am

Although i generally wouldn't mind Shields or Derry reading this kinda crap and some of the opinions online from Derry fans about tomorrow I really hope we give them a spanking and put them back in their box.
They've had a good run but most of these at home against beatable teams. I don't think we've played as well as our results suggest but fancy we can raise it tomorrow night going for 2-0 or 3-0.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 am

I would like to personally thank Derry City manager for his motivational interview prior to tonights match.
Don't think King Kenny will need to add much more to motivate our players. In all fairness hes just encouraging his players and trying to make them believe that they can beat us and maybe hope the Ref will have taken notice of his comments! I wouldn't be annoyed one bit and in fact enjoy the colour he has brought to our league.

By the way, hes a very decent manager and has done exceptionally well with Derry and handled the Ryan McBride (R.I.P.) tragedy excellently.

Really looking forward to what promises to be a cracking encounter.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm

'Something's got to give,' according to Dundalk FC manager Stephen Kenny ahead of Derry City's visit
BOTH SIDES GO INTO THE MATCH GUARDING LONG UNBEATEN RUNS

Dundalk FC manager Stephen Kenny feels "something's got to give" when both his side and Derry City lay their unbeaten records on the line at Oriel Park tonight.

The Lilywhites remain unbeaten - with eight wins and three draws - in the league this season, however, third place Derry travel to the home of the table-toppers looking to extend their winning run to eight matches following Monday's 3-1 win over Bohemians.

Kenny - who managed The Candystripes over two spells - watched his side dismantle Limerick on Tuesday night, a match which City 'boss Kenny Shiels was in attendance for, and he anticipates an even contest.

More at
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... visit.html

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Stephen Folan is interviewed by Owen Cowzer in a preview for tonights game.

While I expect Cleary and Hoare to play tonight if they are both fir, Folan has a really impressive attitude. He has also played well in most of his appearances this season

FOLAN ON HIS FEET Dundalk defender Stephen Folan relishing second chance after last season’s relegation with Galway United
The Lilywhites centre-half has helped his side to top spot in the SSE Airtricity League after last year's disappointment with the Tribesmen

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/2467801/dun ... ay-united/

Return to “General Discussion”