Dundalk Fc. / Museum / History.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Dundalk Fc. / Museum / History.

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:11 pm

A few weeks ago I was in Athletico Bilbao’s new Stadium & what a Stadium , built on the North Coast of Spain , in Basque Country. They have an incredible history & the new stadium opened in 2014 , under time & budget. They love there football & it was stipulated in the early days that only locals would play for the team. The Museum tour was an incredible look in to the history of the club & the Basque people. Modern technology really transports you back in time , it was a fantastic insight & a history lesson & lets u know how football kept the place going , through wars etc. I think that’s why Bill Shankly said “ Football was more important than life itself”.
Some day we might see a Museum for Dundalk Fc. ( modern technology etc.), to show the history of the club . The birthday boy ( 80 yrs.) John Murphy would have to be tapped. With restaurant attached it would be a great money spinner for the Club. I met several members of Deportivo La Coruna on the tour . A league match v Athletico was on that eve. Of course Leinster play there in Rugby Final.

Return to “General Discussion”