Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm

RTE coverage confirmed meaning a slightly earlier kick-off time

Dundalk FC’s SSE Airtricity League Premier Division encounter against Cork City FC at Oriel Park has been chosen for TV coverage on RTÉ 2 and RTÉ Player.

The Lilywhites host John Caulfields’s side on Friday, 29 June. Kick-off at 19.35.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/rte-cover-cork-game/

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 am

I wonder will that mean a slightly smaller attendance now

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 am

I hope City bring a decent crowd up for this. Although that said many have said they will boycott Oriel Park after recent events. Your man Kelly and his buddies on SM not helping matters either by stating that they going to stab City fans and throw petrol bombs at us. Wouldn't bother me or the lads I travel with but it definitely would put off families from travelling. Should be a good game as Dundalk are playing very well at the moment. City are also getting better. It will be won on the night by the team with the more will to win attitude. I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:50 pm

If there’s someone making threats like that and you know his name why aren’t you contacting the Guards?

Are the lads with the confederate flags coming?
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

El Paso wrote:If there’s someone making threats like that and you know his name why aren’t you contacting the Guards?

They're your fans. You allow them in. You do something about it. If they interfere with me I'll do something about it, don't fret. As for the confederate flag thingy, grow up will ya.

transitvan74
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan74 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

there not bringing conferate flags ,their bringing their union jacks up{rebel county my eye}

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Tigger1 wrote:
El Paso wrote:If there’s someone making threats like that and you know his name why aren’t you contacting the Guards?

They're your fans. You allow them in. You do something about it. If they interfere with me I'll do something about it, don't fret. As for the confederate flag thingy, grow up will ya.

You’re being threatened online with being stabbed and you want me to do something about it? That’s a bit weird. Thought I was talking to an adult.

Also interesting to see how casually you brush off racial abuse of black players

As you were.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Tigger1 wrote: Your man Kelly and his buddies on SM not helping matters either by stating that they going to stab City fans and throw petrol bombs at us. Wouldn't bother me or the lads I travel with but it definitely would put off families from travelling.

What or where is 'SM' and who is yer man Kelly and his buddies? Inform the Gardaí of the threats though, while there have been the odd unsavoury incidents across the league over the years petrol bombs and stabbings?? I'm not so sure they will be deploying the entire riot squad over some idiotic comments online somewhere. There have been plenty of excuses given for why Cork fans dont travel in significant numbers but really!??

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kezz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Hopefully for you the Hobanator lolol won't get a knock between now and the game as you will be in big trouble. I suppose they are the perils of being a one man team.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Pretty sure that projection is visible from space

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Solid win and 4 different goal scorers for a one man team. I felt that Cork were going to nab that late winner. Sets things up nicely for after the break.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Regardless had Cork got the winner or not tonight, a win on 29/06 means we will be top of the league. This is going to be some game, and even though its live on RTE, I still think we will get a bumper crowd.

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Fwats » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Lads the tit for tat on forums does no one any favours. Can’t we all just get along? Two great teams, the league has a lot to be positive about, though even with that we are all viewed with derision by non loi supporters. Granted a bit of rivalry is to be expected and a bit of fun but my team is better than your team, your home/away support is a joke etc. is a bit juvenile and misses the bigger picture which is the overall health of the league and state of football in the country.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk v Cork City | Fri 29 June | 7:35pm | Oriel Park

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 am

That's ironic to say the least
Kezz wrote:Hopefully for you the Hobanator lolol won't get a knock between now and the game as you will be in big trouble. I suppose they are the perils of being a one man team.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:12 am

dell wrote:
Tigger1 wrote: Your man Kelly and his buddies on SM not helping matters either by stating that they going to stab City fans and throw petrol bombs at us. Wouldn't bother me or the lads I travel with but it definitely would put off families from travelling.

What or where is 'SM' and who is yer man Kelly and his buddies? Inform the Gardaí of the threats though, while there have been the odd unsavoury incidents across the league over the years petrol bombs and stabbings?? I'm not so sure they will be deploying the entire riot squad over some idiotic comments online somewhere. There have been plenty of excuses given for why Cork fans dont travel in significant numbers but really!??

Tiernan Kelly is his name. A dundalk fan. Plonkers all. Enough said. As for City fans and excuses for not travelling to OP, how about golf balls, flares, bottles and glasses thrown into the away end. Suppose that didn't happen eh.

Return to “General Discussion”