SONG LYRICS

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:44 am

Can someone please share the lyrics to the latest chants for the Shed. Specifically for the one in the 2nd Half on Thursday, I heard the England fans singing it in the WC, not FCH! It has a count in it 1234

Also the one about coming in from the Ecco and also the Michael Duffy song.

I love all the old chants that I grow up with in the 70’s-80’s but we had very few if any that were original, mostly borrowed from Celtic after 79 (someone even printed up lyric sheets for one of the games that season, could have been the infamous Limerick cup game, to go with the golf balls)

I degrees. Today’s version while many are copied from the Telly there are quite a few originals and lots of great interpretations that are brilliant, full of Dundalk humour. As someone once said we are the only island in the world surrounded on theee sides by land.



colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2422
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby colymull » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Some of the shed songs are great, however I think that Atomic Kitten one is an abomination!! I know I’m probably in the minority but it is truly awful. The Rhythm is a dancer one on the other hand is pure genius!!
King Kenny!

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3811
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm

colymull wrote:Some of the shed songs are great, however I think that Atomic Kitten one is an abomination!! I know I’m probably in the minority but it is truly awful.


Is that the one where they managed to change just one word, to ' Ganno'? Pretty much just singing a pop song word for word. Have to agree it was awful, just didn't get it.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:00 pm

colymull wrote:Some of the shed songs are great, however I think that Atomic Kitten one is an abomination!! I know I’m probably in the minority but it is truly awful. The Rhythm is a dancer one on the other hand is pure genius!!

Thank you. That was it Atomic Kitten, I believe Celtic first used it but my introduction was England in the WC so never going to warm to it.

Missed rhythm is a dancer, what are the lyrics and chorus?

Also do you know the Michael Duffy lyrics and the one about walking up from the Ecco?

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm

also would be good to hear some noise on the stand side next week and I hope the shed does not empty 7 minutes before HT which resulted in flat atmosphere not helped but thier late goal. Sing to the whistle

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: RE: Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:also would be good to hear some noise on the stand side next week and I hope the shed does not empty 7 minutes before HT which resulted in flat atmosphere not helped but thier late goal. Sing to the whistle
I'm a stand regular and in fairness they do get going with singing along ever since the euro adventure. Its not a morgue. I've been a shed (with my uncle) supporter and stand (with me dad) since I was a kid. Growing up, going to games in the stand there was never singing of any kind as far as I remember.

Recent years there have been. At the cork game there was an unreal atmosphere for both matches and the rovers match. All European matches in tallaght everyone got involved in the singing and the crowd was well mixed.

Reasons why the atmosphere was a little subdued, in my honest opinion:
1. Thursday is different from Friday. The bar was very quiet compared to usual
2. There were a lot of regulars there but a lot of regulars not there. Those responsible for usually getting it going in the stand were not there as far I can see
3. There were a lot of supporters on edge considering the way the game was going
4. The age profile I would put at in the stand, majority are pensioners or pushing on pension age (not myself) but I'm sure they're not keen on standing up for the lilywhites as they may not be able sit back down (my ould lad included)
5.........still thinking of a fifth!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: RE: Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:also would be good to hear some noise on the stand side next week and I hope the shed does not empty 7 minutes before HT which resulted in flat atmosphere not helped but thier late goal. Sing to the whistle
I'm a stand regular and in fairness they do get going with singing along ever since the euro adventure. Its not a morgue. I've been a shed (with my uncle) supporter and stand (with me dad) since I was a kid. Growing up, going to games in the stand there was never singing of any kind as far as I remember.

Recent years there have been. At the cork game there was an unreal atmosphere for both matches and the rovers match. All European matches in tallaght everyone got involved in the singing and the crowd was well mixed.

Reasons why the atmosphere was a little subdued, in my honest opinion:
1. Thursday is different from Friday. The bar was very quiet compared to usual
2. There were a lot of regulars there but a lot of regulars not there. Those responsible for usually getting it going in the stand were not there as far I can see
3. There were a lot of supporters on edge considering the way the game was going
4. The age profile I would put at in the stand, majority are pensioners or pushing on pension age (not myself) but I'm sure they're not keen on standing up for the lilywhites as they may not be able sit back down (my ould lad included)
5.........still thinking of a fifth!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


I thought you were going to surprise me with the rhythm is a dancer lyrics as the fifth!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1968
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby dell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Cork have had issues with the hard core 'singing section' of their shed end since their crowd took a big upswing last season. People who hadnt been regulars took to going in to that area meaning regulars couldnt go there and it diluted the atmosphere. They introduced a membership type system and reserved an area for the regular shed crowd though dont know if it worked. I think similar happened on Thursday where people ended up in The Shed that dont go to games regularly or dont ususally go to The Shed, while people who would be in the shed were in other places of the ground. The antics of some that go to The Shed have been critcised but without that section of the ground leading the vocal support Oriel Park would be a very quiet place. I dont know what the solution is for next Thursday but keeping the shed lads in their usual spot would improve the atmosphere overall imo. Why anyone who did go to The Shed expecting that supporters wouldnt be standing was a bit daft and there was no shortage of complaining about people standing. On the up side it reduced the liklihood of flares and the like in that area getting us a big fine. It is something that could be looked at in future to keep the vocal support at a maximum. It wont be an issue when we progress this season as i'd imagine home games after Thursday will be moved to Tallaght or the Aviva depending on the draw.

User avatar
shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby shedboy4life » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:25 pm

dell wrote:Cork have had issues with the hard core 'singing section' of their shed end since their crowd took a big upswing last season. People who hadnt been regulars took to going in to that area meaning regulars couldnt go there and it diluted the atmosphere. They introduced a membership type system and reserved an area for the regular shed crowd though dont know if it worked. I think similar happened on Thursday where people ended up in The Shed that dont go to games regularly or dont ususally go to The Shed, while people who would be in the shed were in other places of the ground. The antics of some that go to The Shed have been critcised but without that section of the ground leading the vocal support Oriel Park would be a very quiet place. I dont know what the solution is for next Thursday but keeping the shed lads in their usual spot would improve the atmosphere overall imo. Why anyone who did go to The Shed expecting that supporters wouldnt be standing was a bit daft and there was no shortage of complaining about people standing. On the up side it reduced the liklihood of flares and the like in that area getting us a big fine. It is something that could be looked at in future to keep the vocal support at a maximum. It wont be an issue when we progress this season as i'd imagine home games after Thursday will be moved to Tallaght or the Aviva depending on the draw.


That happened me Thursday. Usually one of the vocal ones in the Shed but unfortunately I had to make do with the North-East stand. Although I was obviously grateful for getting a ticket at all last Thursday I was somewhat chomping at the bit to join in with the noise coming from the far side of the ground.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:47 pm

shedboy4life wrote:
dell wrote:Cork have had issues with the hard core 'singing section' of their shed end since their crowd took a big upswing last season. People who hadnt been regulars took to going in to that area meaning regulars couldnt go there and it diluted the atmosphere. They introduced a membership type system and reserved an area for the regular shed crowd though dont know if it worked. I think similar happened on Thursday where people ended up in The Shed that dont go to games regularly or dont ususally go to The Shed, while people who would be in the shed were in other places of the ground. The antics of some that go to The Shed have been critcised but without that section of the ground leading the vocal support Oriel Park would be a very quiet place. I dont know what the solution is for next Thursday but keeping the shed lads in their usual spot would improve the atmosphere overall imo. Why anyone who did go to The Shed expecting that supporters wouldnt be standing was a bit daft and there was no shortage of complaining about people standing. On the up side it reduced the liklihood of flares and the like in that area getting us a big fine. It is something that could be looked at in future to keep the vocal support at a maximum. It wont be an issue when we progress this season as i'd imagine home games after Thursday will be moved to Tallaght or the Aviva depending on the draw.


That happened me Thursday. Usually one of the vocal ones in the Shed but unfortunately I had to make do with the North-East stand. Although I was obviously grateful for getting a ticket at all last Thursday I was somewhat chomping at the bit to join in with the noise coming from the far side of the ground.


Then you are the man who will know the lyrics and my opening question at the start of the discussion?

My 78 year old Dad still belts out a few towards the end of every game and always stands in the shed. Still buzzing

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Shoco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Benson is a dancer
Kennys got the answer
Shields is fucking everywhere
Hoban can't stop scoring
It starting to get boring
Rogers flying through the air


I think the vocal crew from the shed need to be in the ground earlier next week,they seemed to arrive much closer to kick off than a lot of other fans, and there is seats in the section where they normally stand so a lot of these seats were already taken

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Shoco wrote:Benson is a dancer
Kennys got the answer
Shields is fucking everywhere
Hoban can't stop scoring
It starting to get boring
Rogers flying through the air


I think the vocal crew from the shed need to be in the ground earlier next week,they seemed to arrive much closer to kick off than a lot of other fans, and there is seats in the section where they normally stand so a lot of these seats were already taken


Love the lyrics, do you know what the chorus is? Who comes up with all the songs?

User avatar
punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 887
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: dundalk
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby punkha » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Off topic sorry but thought id ask as few shed heads on this thread. I'm looking for a good clear pic or image of the big black flag with just the crest in white that the shedside army have and was on display before the match last week. Would appreciate if anybody could help.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby marmulade » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:18 pm

I think the fact that the YDC bar was open on Thursday was a big factor in the shed emptying out before half time. Generally, there's a bit of a move for the Sing Li van at that stage anyway, but even moreso for a bar.

I think I got a snap of the banner that you are talking about, but it's not high quality.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: SONG LYRICS

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Sneachta wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:also would be good to hear some noise on the stand side next week and I hope the shed does not empty 7 minutes before HT which resulted in flat atmosphere not helped but thier late goal. Sing to the whistle
I'm a stand regular and in fairness they do get going with singing along ever since the euro adventure. Its not a morgue. I've been a shed (with my uncle) supporter and stand (with me dad) since I was a kid. Growing up, going to games in the stand there was never singing of any kind as far as I remember.

Recent years there have been. At the cork game there was an unreal atmosphere for both matches and the rovers match. All European matches in tallaght everyone got involved in the singing and the crowd was well mixed.

Reasons why the atmosphere was a little subdued, in my honest opinion:
1. Thursday is different from Friday. The bar was very quiet compared to usual
2. There were a lot of regulars there but a lot of regulars not there. Those responsible for usually getting it going in the stand were not there as far I can see
3. There were a lot of supporters on edge considering the way the game was going
4. The age profile I would put at in the stand, majority are pensioners or pushing on pension age (not myself) but I'm sure they're not keen on standing up for the lilywhites as they may not be able sit back down (my ould lad included)
5.........still thinking of a fifth!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


I thought you were going to surprise me with the rhythm is a dancer lyrics as the fifth!
I thought of a fifth.... None of them can count beats in rhythm. They invariably speed up with their claps like 6 year olds and end up out of tune and all over the place.

Have to give it to the shed crowd, they have good rhythm....

In the words of Johnny Cash..."come on get rhythm..... When you're in the stand.... Come on get rhythm!"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: El Paso, muppet, niall_hearty2000 and 8 guests