Cherish the moment

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Cherish the moment

Postby bigalan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Oriel Park has seen some wonderful moments in its European history. Looking back I automatically think of Celtic, Liverpool, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade and Tottenham Hotspur amongst others.

While in recent years, due to the tinkering of the two European competitions to suit the larger nations, we have seen perhaps a lower lever of opposition in earlier rounds at least. This has given rise for progression to further rounds and of course our famous 2016 Europa League heroics.

Tonight WILL be our last European match in Oriel until next July no matter what the result. Lets savour and enjoy the moment we are in. These times don't come along too often and could come to a grinding halt very quickly. We have just come from winning BOTH legs of a European tie for only the 2nd time in our history.

Lets show these lads from the off how much we appreciate their efforts. Lets get behind every kick off the ball. We, the 12 man/woman can make a difference. There is absolutely no doubt that positive vibes around the ground encourage the players. If someone loses possession or makes a mistake, encourage them, don't knock them back. We have another chance at making more history at our beautiful club. We can all play our part.

Ive seen some critical posts about the atmosphere from the stand and probably rightly so. I promise I will do my level best to get my Prawn Sandwich buddies joining in tonight.

Have a great night everyone and remember to CHERISH tonight and the moment we are in.

CMON THE TOWN

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Cherish the moment

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm

bigalan wrote:
Ive seen some critical posts about the atmosphere from the stand and probably rightly so. I promise I will do my level best to get my Prawn Sandwich buddies joining in tonight.

What?
There's prawn sandwiches?
You have buddies?

Cherish them both - Enjoy!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Stand side army forever
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Cherish the moment

Postby Sneachta » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 pm

bigalan wrote:Oriel Park has seen some wonderful moments in its European history. Looking back I automatically think of Celtic, Liverpool, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade and Tottenham Hotspur amongst others.

While in recent years, due to the tinkering of the two European competitions to suit the larger nations, we have seen perhaps a lower lever of opposition in earlier rounds at least. This has given rise for progression to further rounds and of course our famous 2016 Europa League heroics.

Tonight WILL be our last European match in Oriel until next July no matter what the result. Lets savour and enjoy the moment we are in. These times don't come along too often and could come to a grinding halt very quickly. We have just come from winning BOTH legs of a European tie for only the 2nd time in our history.

Lets show these lads from the off how much we appreciate their efforts. Lets get behind every kick off the ball. We, the 12 man/woman can make a difference. There is absolutely no doubt that positive vibes around the ground encourage the players. If someone loses possession or makes a mistake, encourage them, don't knock them back. We have another chance at making more history at our beautiful club. We can all play our part.

Have a great night everyone and remember to CHERISH tonight and the moment we are in.

CMON THE TOWN
I hope the stand was lively enough tonight. I had a look around and there are some serious old heads in the stand (serious bandwagoners) but i think the regulars learned from the last game and got their seats.

Fair play to the shed for doing their level best to drown out the PA!!! I was impressed by that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:43 pm

bigalan wrote:Oriel Park has seen some wonderful moments in its European history. Looking back I automatically think of Celtic, Liverpool, Ajax, Red Star Belgrade and Tottenham Hotspur amongst others.

CMON THE TOWN

Very well put. The Shed was rocking and not just in the vicinity of the drum, the whole side.The stand side also making lots of noise, standing up "for the Lillywhites" and rapturous ovation to the team at the end. Well done everybody, we did the team proud. Lets repeat again on Sunday

Return to “General Discussion”