Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 pm

The first of a series of critically important league games comes on Friday.

Although it has been a difficult 10 days or so, the FAI Cup win gives us a platform to build on. The result against Bray is really all that is important, although a decent performance can help restore confidence and morale.

As an aside a club record of 11 consecutive league wins beckons.


Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby oldfogey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Fish and Chips by the sea.

Our last visit made all the more special with the sound of Dundalk fans aboard the Dart celebrating the result from Tallaght. Bohs are in good form. Could lightning strike twice?

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Dundalk Wolf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Ezeikial wrote:The first of a series of critically important league games comes on Friday.

Although it has been a difficult 10 days or so, the FAI Cup win gives us a platform to build on. The result against Bray is really all that is important, although a decent performance can help restore confidence and morale.

As an aside a club record of 11 consecutive league wins beckons.


Agree with all of that Ezekial, apart from the last line - the win against Bohs between Larnaca legs was the 11th straight league win. Friday gives us a chance to extend the new record.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 am

Dundalk Wolf wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:The first of a series of critically important league games comes on Friday.

Although it has been a difficult 10 days or so, the FAI Cup win gives us a platform to build on. The result against Bray is really all that is important, although a decent performance can help restore confidence and morale.

As an aside a club record of 11 consecutive league wins beckons.


Agree with all of that Ezekial, apart from the last line - the win against Bohs between Larnaca legs was the 11th straight league win. Friday gives us a chance to extend the new record.


Apologies - I stand corrected.

A win against Bray would extend the club record to 12 straight league wins
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby oldfogey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Dundalk Wolf wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:The first of a series of critically important league games comes on Friday.

Although it has been a difficult 10 days or so, the FAI Cup win gives us a platform to build on. The result against Bray is really all that is important, although a decent performance can help restore confidence and morale.

As an aside a club record of 11 consecutive league wins beckons.


Agree with all of that Ezekial, apart from the last line - the win against Bohs between Larnaca legs was the 11th straight league win. Friday gives us a chance to extend the new record.


Apologies - I stand corrected.

A win against Bray would extend the club record to 12 straight league wins


Life is game of numbers...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Early team news

James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk
John Mountney returned to training with Dundalk this morning. Sean Hoare and Patrick McEleney sat the session out but hope to be back tomorrow to put themselves in contention for Bray on Friday. Karolis Chvedukas is the main doubt for the trip to the Carlisle Grounds


https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 5516309504
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
Guinney
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2220
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: Our Desmond
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Guinney » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:47 am

With the team news above I'd go with:

Rogers
Gannon Gartland Cleary Jarvis
Benson Shields
McGrath. Duffy
Murray
Hoban

McGrath out right not his best position, but Murray deserves to start after two goals v Cobh. Connolly likely to play there though, but maybe his pace could be used better later in the game. If Hoare not fully ready the rest nearly pick themselves.
"The real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team." President Micheal D. higgins

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Bray Wanderers FC
Verified account
@BrayWanderers

GIRLS NITE OUT THIS FRIDAY !Calling all Ladies, Girls, Mums, Grannies,First Wives,Previous Wives,Current and Past Girlfriends,Mother-in-laws,Young, old.This Friday is Girls Nite out in Bray.
Come along , bring your pals and have some fun at Wicklows Premier League club.


This sounds like an interesting promo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrGrXW3yII

https://twitter.com/BrayWanderers/statu ... 3819952129
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5853
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Contact:

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Bray Wanderers FC
Verified account
@BrayWanderers

GIRLS NITE OUT THIS FRIDAY !Calling all Ladies, Girls, Mums, Grannies,First Wives,Previous Wives,Current and Past Girlfriends,Mother-in-laws,Young, old.This Friday is Girls Nite out in Bray.
Come along , bring your pals and have some fun at Wicklows Premier League club.


This sounds like an interesting promo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrGrXW3yII

https://twitter.com/BrayWanderers/statu ... 3819952129

Pity they didn't announce it before we went online and bought our tickets yesterday! And before any smart quips yes it is for a lady in our group!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Bray Wanderers FC
Verified account
@BrayWanderers

GIRLS NITE OUT THIS FRIDAY !Calling all Ladies, Girls, Mums, Grannies,First Wives,Previous Wives,Current and Past Girlfriends,Mother-in-laws,Young, old.This Friday is Girls Nite out in Bray.
Come along , bring your pals and have some fun at Wicklows Premier League club.


This sounds like an interesting promo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrGrXW3yII

https://twitter.com/BrayWanderers/statu ... 3819952129

Pity they didn't announce it before we went online and bought our tickets yesterday! And before any smart quips yes it is for a lady in our group!!


Surely you can find a willing male buyer pre-match and then avail of the free offer independently
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Bray Wanderers V Dundalk | Fri 17 Aug | 7.45pm | Carlisle Grounds

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Team selection could be highly influenced by the level of fitness of some of the returning players, in particular Sean Hoare, Patrick McEleney and John Mountney. These players need to be re-integrated into the team but whether as a starter or a finisher remains to be seen. Assuming that all of these start on the bench I'd also go with

Rogers
Gannon | Gartland | Cleary | Jarvis
Shields | Benson
McGrath | Murray | Duffy
Hoban

Assuming no injuries, 3 subs introduced from
Hoare or Massey
McEleney
Mountney
Connolly
Kelly
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BK, El Paso, muppet, niall_hearty2000 and 8 guests