Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Mon 20 Aug | 7.45pm | Showgrounds

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Mon 20 Aug | 7.45pm | Showgrounds

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:55 pm

We will probably need 3 points in Sligo on Monday night to reclaim top spot from Cork, who are likely to beat St Pats on Sunday.

It's hard to know how their vital away win in Limerick tonight will impact on their attitude or performance against us, but it is absolutely the case that this fixture is one of the potential banana skins in our remaining 9 league games

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Mon 20 Aug | 7.45pm | Showgrounds

Postby El Paso » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:12 am

To quote a Pats fan on Twitter after their third match: "How those shitebags have got 9 points off us this season I’ll never know."

Pats have a terrible record in Turners Cross, but they've had two weeks off pretty much with a stroll against Inchicore in the Cup. Cork got a chasing the other night and it's a fairly short turnaround... if there's a home game they could drop points in, before we rock up, it's this one.

As for us I really hope we've shaken the mental cobwebs clear. Good win for Sligo in Limerick tonight. We'll need to get our focus back.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 am

El Paso wrote:To quote a Pats fan on Twitter after their third match: "How those shitebags have got 9 points off us this season I’ll never know."

Pats have a terrible record in Turners Cross, but they've had two weeks off pretty much with a stroll against Inchicore in the Cup. Cork got a chasing the other night and it's a fairly short turnaround... if there's a home game they could drop points in, before we rock up, it's this one.

As for us I really hope we've shaken the mental cobwebs clear. Good win for Sligo in Limerick tonight. We'll need to get our focus back.

Sligo have been better away than at home so hopefully that form continues. Pity as it is on a Monday night makes it very difficult to get to. A win on Monday night will set us up for anther good run.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 pm

I would not be surprised to see Sean Hoare come back in at centre back while Dean Jarvis could reclaim his place if fit,

Elsewhere I'd expect Patrick McEleney to come in from the bench with Jamie McGrath restored to no 10 and Dylan Connolly starting on the wing.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Here's a curve ball. "Bob" is given a rest, with McEleney playing deeper?

Gives him the game time while still maintaining our structure and feeding the beast up front.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 am

oldfogey wrote:Here's a curve ball. "Bob" is given a rest, with McEleney playing deeper?

Gives him the game time while still maintaining our structure and feeding the beast up front.

Interesting idea that could work against Sligo's midfield set up.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Mon 20 Aug | 7.45pm | Showgrounds

Postby Sneachta » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am

Ezeikial wrote:I would not be surprised to see Sean Hoare come back in at centre back while Dean Jarvis could reclaim his place if fit,

Elsewhere I'd expect Patrick McEleney to come in from the bench with Jamie McGrath restored to no 10 and Dylan Connolly starting on the wing.
Who would you bring hoare in for?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Mon 20 Aug | 7.45pm | Showgrounds

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:I would not be surprised to see Sean Hoare come back in at centre back while Dean Jarvis could reclaim his place if fit,

Who would you bring hoare in for?

I wouldn't - I'd leave Brian Gartland and Daniel Cleary in place, but I can see Stephen Kenny bringing him back in for either player, but most likely for Cleary

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I wouldn’t think Hoare would be ready to start yet, no point rushing him back. Gartland and Cleary should be fine to continue.

On the first choice centre pairings for the run in, I think I’d go with Gartland and Hoare, Cleary is excellent to have as a choice though, but Folan seems to have slipped well back in the pecking order. Hoare just seems to offer something more in the middle.

Up front it’s a tricky one tomorrow, we need to win the game and that means Hoban has to start but we need to get Kelly on the pitch with valuable game time too. Hopefully he can make a contribution at some point in this game.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Agreed, cleary needs to keep playing to continue to get better. Gartland has been shaky the last number of games, but is captain, experienced and perhaps not droppable. Cleary can only get better playing with players like Rogers and gartland. I would hope he leaves as is for now

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:17 pm

mike wrote:I wouldn’t think Hoare would be ready to start yet, no point rushing him back.

If Hoare was ready for the bench last Friday, then its fair to assume he was ready to play. I would not be concerned about any centre-back pairing from Gartland, Cleary and Hoare.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Cork dropping points at home to St Pats is the perfect incentive to go get all 3 points and open up a gap at the top

EDIT- Cork 1-1 St Pats final score

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Cork City 1- 1 Pats. We’re 1 down for most of game.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 pm

El Paso wrote:To quote a Pats fan on Twitter after their third match: "How those shitebags have got 9 points off us this season I’ll never know."

Pats have a terrible record in Turners Cross, but they've had two weeks off pretty much with a stroll against Inchicore in the Cup. Cork got a chasing the other night and it's a fairly short turnaround... if there's a home game they could drop points in, before we rock up, it's this one

Always had a soft spot for Pats, Cork are getting away with murder this season. Need to hammer this advantage home.

shane
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:59 pm

All fit I'd go for,

Rodgers
Ganno Hoare Cleary Jarvis

Shields Chevdukas
McGrath McEleney Duffy

Hoban
8 games....this is it...