2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:44 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
colymull wrote:I always wondered why Sava stuck around this long. Very little game time every season and I always wondered was he just happy to sit on the bench and pick up is payslip. Bar the league cup, he only really got a game if Rogers was injured. And yet, he leaves with 3/4 league medals and 2 cup medals!!

He started at least 1 European Game in 2016. He also started a cruical game V Cork when Rogers was dropped and kept a clean sheet

Yeah and was at fault for Zenith's goal... and saved a penalty in same match.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:17 pm

colymull wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:
colymull wrote:I always wondered why Sava stuck around this long. Very little game time every season and I always wondered was he just happy to sit on the bench and pick up is payslip. Bar the league cup, he only really got a game if Rogers was injured. And yet, he leaves with 3/4 league medals and 2 cup medals!!

He started at least 1 European Game in 2016. He also started a cruical game V Cork when Rogers was dropped and kept a clean sheet

In 52 games for Dundalk in all competitions,he conceded 38 goals, not great stats at all!!

You said he rarely got a game, now you say he played 52 games. Thats 10 games a season basically, hardly rarely played!

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
colymull wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:

In 52 games for Dundalk in all competitions,he conceded 38 goals, not great stats at all!!

You said he rarely got a game, now you say he played 52 games. Thats 10 games a season basically, hardly rarely played!

10 games a season and still left with all those medals! Anyway, you missed my point, conceding 38 goals in those 52 games doesn’t make for great reading. I can’t imagine he’ll be a big miss.
King Kenny!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Gabriel Sava has given good service to Dundalk

Best of luck to him in his next move - clearly from his own perspective it's time for him to get more match time
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:34 pm

colymull wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:

On the other hand, I would expect that - for the majority of those games - he was NOT playing behind the most effective back 5 in the league.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm

I think the best game Sava had for us was in early Oct 2016 when Rogers was going through a difficult spell and it was a huge call on the night that he got the nod ahead of Rogers v Cork at home. This was possibly after the Sligo 0-3 defeat, and he did a great job in the crucial 2-1 win. This was a night that Gannon was injured late and Keane came in and gave a 9/10 performance at right full. Horgan with a wonder goal to make it 2-0 and a free kick / McNulty og for the first.

Both performces were key to us winning the game, and later the 3rd title in a row.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby Sneachta » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Gabriel Sava has given good service to Dundalk

Best of luck to him in his next move - clearly from his own perspective it's time for him to get more match time
Hear hear. Lots of work goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 am

mike wrote:I think the best game Sava had for us was in early Oct 2016 when Rogers was going through a difficult spell and it was a huge call on the night that he got the nod ahead of Rogers v Cork at home. This was possibly after the Sligo 0-3 defeat, and he did a great job in the crucial 2-1 win. This was a night that Gannon was injured late and Keane came in and gave a 9/10 performance at right full. Horgan with a wonder goal to make it 2-0 and a free kick / McNulty og for the first.

Both performces were key to us winning the game, and later the 3rd title in a row.

Interestingly, that's the second time the Sligo game has been referenced this week. One of the players - there's been so many interviews - was talking about support and how everyone was still behind them that night despite the defeat. Contrast that with Cork City heading over to thank their fans on Sunday evening. There couldn't have been more than a hundred left between the two tiers.

Love them or loathe them, those players deserved better for the way they fought on the day, and I actually felt angry at the lack of respect.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:40 am

colymull wrote:
10 games a season and still left with all those medals! Anyway, you missed my point, conceding 38 goals in those 52 games doesn’t make for great reading. I can’t imagine he’ll be a big miss.

Conceding 0.73 goals a game isn't great reading??!?!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 pm

seand wrote:
colymull wrote:

Conceding 0.73 goals a game isn't great reading??!?!

To put it into perspective, only one club had a better record than that this year. There are NO prizes for guessing who.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:15 am

Last edited by Ezeikial on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am

According to LOI transfers on Twitter, we are after Daniel Kelly of Bohs and Bastian Hiery. Chevdukas could be used as part payment for Hiery. All smells of BS to me but I thought I’d post it anyway

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:35 am

Ezeikial wrote:https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/mccarey-primed-for-dundalk-after-sava-exit-37509213.html?__twitter_impression=true

Will Fitzgerald also mentioned in that Indo piece by Daniel McDonnell linked above. Stephen Kenny has mentioned him on more than one occasion before or after Limerick games this season. Still in his teens, but certainly an exciting and talented player

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/mccarey-primed-for-dundalk-after-sava-exit-37509213.html?__twitter_impression=true

Will Fitzgerald also mentioned in that Indo piece by Daniel McDonnell linked above. Stephen Kenny has mentioned him on more than one occasion before or after Limerick games this season. Still in his teens, but certainly an exciting and talented player

Just saw the highlights of Warrenpoints game this afternoon. McCarey had a penalty save and 2 other outstanding saves. I know it's only a short highlight package but he looked decent. Stephen McDonnell interviewed afterwards was really bigging him up!!
King Kenny!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm

I also saw the highlights. He looks decent that keeper. Interesting to note that Glenavon are top of the league and he also played a huge part in their 1-1 draw at Windsor Park a few weeks ago.

If he is oriel bound, this appears to be a right quality addition and could be just the ticket to take ove from GR from 2020 or so.

Return to “General Discussion”