Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am

Ultimately there is no right or wrong way to do this. Even if they did only go to season ticket holders as we only got 300 supply still wouldn't meet demand as we have more than 300 season ticket holders. A ballot or lottery is not a fair way and would be one way that should be strongly discouraged. Football simply isn't the same if you're not with the same group you have always gone to games with. 2 yrs ago when we won it in Tallaght. Rovers gave us 800 which easily covered demand. It's just this one is against cork out nearest challengers so obviously they weren't gonna give us anything like 800 tickets.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:26 am

They’re a business, a business with bills to pay. If they cut their nose off to spite their face then they’re morons.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 am

El Paso wrote:They’re a business, a business with bills to pay. If they cut their nose off to spite their face then they’re morons.

Why would they? They would easily have filled the ground out themselves prior to Friday's result.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
El Paso wrote:They’re a business, a business with bills to pay. If they cut their nose off to spite their face then they’re morons.

Why would they? They would easily have filled the ground out themselves prior to Friday's result.

Of course there is no way of knowing this now, but I don't think they ever had even a remote prospect of a sell out.

The Turner's Cross attendances have been in decline as their title challenge has been fading. The Cork band-wagoners have abandoned the team and the staunch fans are restless and negative. While prior to the Bohs defeat, regulars on their forum have been screaming not to give Dundalk additional tickets, there has been almost total agreements on the prediction that it would not sell out.

They were still within their rights to only allocate 300 tickets, but restricting attendance at a match that won't sell out is LOI peculiarity.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

The regulars on their forum sound every bit as unhinged as the folk on Twitter I mass muted or blocked so. Although it’s probably the same ones. Haven’t seen anyone with ‘ccfc’ in their user handle or ‘Foras’ in their bio who isn’t weirdly obsessed with us. ‘Six toes’, ‘mutants’ from grown adults. Bizarre.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Everyone knows the reason they only allocated 300, they simply didn’t want Dundalk fans taking up a large area and in semi party mode. They managed tickets similar to this game to the Legia home match, almost made sure no polish fan living in the city or elsewhere in Ireland got a ticket, apart from the modest allocation.

It was and still is bad form only allocating 300, even if we were locked on points with the same GD each would still have 4 games left, so not essentially a title decider like the final game of 2014 when we gave them 700 ? Which was the absolute max that could fit into that area. Cork could easily open the entire st Anne’s end behind the goal but they won’t. If they even released another 200/300 tickets and arranged for those DFC fans who bought already but for home areas to swap, that would be the right thing to do.

The question is, after last Friday, will they now see sense and release more tickets ? I hope they will but I wouldn’t be holding out too much hope, disgraceful by them if they don’t, but there you go.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 pm

[list=][/list]
El Paso wrote:The regulars on their forum sound every bit as unhinged as the folk on Twitter I mass muted or blocked so. Although it’s probably the same ones. Haven’t seen anyone with ‘ccfc’ in their user handle or ‘Foras’ in their bio who isn’t weirdly obsessed with us. ‘Six toes’, ‘mutants’ from grown adults. Bizarre.

The seem to be blocking anyone from Dundalk ,,I made a few simple comments about the bohs game and was blocked.As someone said already they are totally obsessed with anything Dundalk related.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:27 pm

El Paso wrote:The regulars on their forum sound every bit as unhinged as the folk on Twitter I mass muted or blocked so. Although it’s probably the same ones. Haven’t seen anyone with ‘ccfc’ in their user handle or ‘Foras’ in their bio who isn’t weirdly obsessed with us. ‘Six toes’, ‘mutants’ from grown adults. Bizarre.

Yeah it is crazy. Grown men in their 50's and 60's.. as i said to one of them. Great role model for your grandchildren. But then again when you can't discuss how poor your team is I suppose you have to resort to school ground antics..

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 pm

They’re an odd bunch alright. For some reason I picture most of them as specky weirdos still living at home with their parents.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:36 pm

buster wrote:[list=][/list]

The seem to be blocking anyone from Dundalk ,,I made a few simple comments about the bohs game and was blocked.As someone said already they are totally obsessed with anything Dundalk related.

I was wondering how long before you would get banned from the Cork forum

Constant abuse, profanities, insults, personal attacks and the spreading of malicious allegations are all tolerated, but any posts that even moderately challenge the status quo are not welcome.

It seems that several posters were blocked from that forum this weekend
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Later in the week it would be good to get a spot arranged for all Dundalk fans heading down to meet. I’ve only been to TC once previously (the excellent 2-1 win performance May 2015, Towell with 2) and we went to the Everygreen Pub before and after, it was a fine spot, close to the ground, across from that big church you can see behind the smallest stand (Derrynane)

I’m open to other suggestions on a better place to meet up pre match if anyone has a better idea.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Well allow me!

Turners Cross is about halfway between the city and Douglas. Bit closer to the city. If you make a day of it go to the city and get the 206 or 223 buses from South Mall. You could walk it in about 30 mins, but no need. Hailo/MyTaxi app also works in Cork.

Loads of pubs in the city but SoHo on Grand Parade is a big cork city supporter, it’s big inside, good for pints and grub and only a couple of mins walk from the bus stops.

Douglas is easier to get parking, also has the same bus routes and has plenty of eating and drinking options. Douglas is also just off the South Ring from the Tunnel, so very easy to navigate going to and from home.

If you’re running later parking is frankly an absolute balls around Turners Cross. The bulk of the ground is buried in an old housing estate. You’ll do well to park within a 15 minute walk. A lot more close to kick off. So factor that in. The Evergreen is a nice enough pub. Not much in the way of food around there, though. I’d only stay around Turners Cross if you plan on arriving just before and are heading soon after

Any questions just ask!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Thanks EP you obviously know the area well. We’ll be arriving down on the 2pm train from Hueston so plan is to get some grub city centre, maybe Hotel we’re staying in and Taxi out to TC around 6.

Is Soho not ccfc HQ ? For anyone planing to be in the TC area around 6 or an hour befor ko where would you suggest the best spot would be for DFC fans to meet up ?

For city centre then for those staying over is the best spots all around grand parade? We might check out soho then but depending on the result it might have to be undercover !

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Soho tries to get like that but it’s a big city centre pub with plenty of people who won’t give a shite about the match, so you’d have a bit of craic without feeling like you’re invading local territory.

But you have shed loads of choice in a small area. Nearly all the pubs in the Grand Parade, South Mall and Oliver Plunkett St wedge of the city are good. Also loads of food choice. Deep South close to SoHo is great. Huge outdoor area. Easy to get cabs on Grand Parade too.

Evergreen is grand for a pre match pint, that’s where I would go if I was early, but I wouldn’t be in a rush to get to it. I usually just head to the ground.

If you’re down for the night I wouldn’t hang around Turners Cross. Go back to the city. The Cork City crowd melt away. You won’t even be noticed in most places.

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Weelilywhite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:47 pm

I see Neil Doyle us the ref on Fri. He refereed the last game there in April and didn't give Mc Cormick a red card for tackle on Hogan with arm up or Morrissey a 2nd yellow for holding on to Rogers when he wanted to take a quick throw out amongst other pro City decisions.

Return to “General Discussion”