The Three Wise Men.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

The Three Wise Men.

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Gill - Perth - Higgins. Very experienced , all at there Peak & they get on very well , it’s a runner for me.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: The Three Wise Men.

Postby Louth4sam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Gill - Perth - Higgins. Very experienced , all at there Peak & they get on very well , it’s a runner for me.

Can you please list off their relevant experience that you feel makes them 'very experienced'
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Gill - Perth - Higgins. Very experienced , all at there Peak & they get on very well , it’s a runner for me.

Once you're happy, that's all that matters!! Maybe the bluffer Gill can give you an update on the stadium upgrades!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Happy Christmas .

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:42 pm

The Three Wise Men ??? Perth is bringing in Gill for his pro licence and because they are friend's, Perth loses the head very easy also and Higgins position last season was match analysis so the 3 wise men have zero experience. We should have went out and got the Best of what's out there but we didn't and I feel we will pay in the long run.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

lilywhite66 wrote:The Three Wise Men ??? Perth is bringing in Gill for his pro licence and because they are friend's, Perth loses the head very easy also and Higgins position last season was match analysis so the 3 wise men have zero experience. We should have went out and got the Best of what's out there but we didn't and I feel we will pay in the long run.

I agree with most of this, but I think at most it'll cost us in the short run. If things aren't going to plan by May when almost 2/3s of the season is done, I have little doubt that the consortium will take swift action.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:40 pm

A bit like the real three wise men. A fable that nobody believes in

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby superman » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm glad somebody is optimistic. I hope for the best that Perth is as good or better than Kenny but
1) If Perth had ambitions of becoming a LOI manger, why has he not enrolled in a Pro license course before now?
2)Perth seems a hot head, which can work, but only if you have a cool-headed person beside him... Is John Gill that?
3) Gill brings nothing to the club and if its Perths decision to bring him in just because they are friends, he will die by that sword. If Gill has a falling out with one of our top players (which he has done in his past jobs), who will Perth kick out?
4) Having a fake manager for licensing hasn't worked in league before...
5) Being assistant to a great manager does not mean much it the grand scheme of football.

The board (CEO, owners, whatever) seemed so lazy here, instead of going out and getting a hungry and ambitious manager , they just gave it to the first person they could think of and are now shoehorning him in with Gill. Maybe Perth is all that, but we are not an amateur club, they should have sourced other options to compare him to.

I feel our only hope is that we have such a talented and professional squad, hopefully that will see us through this year.

Maybe I am just panicking, but this seems a massive step back for the club.
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:23 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
lilywhite66 wrote:The Three Wise Men ??? Perth is bringing in Gill for his pro licence and because they are friend's, Perth loses the head very easy also and Higgins position last season was match analysis so the 3 wise men have zero experience. We should have went out and got the Best of what's out there but we didn't and I feel we will pay in the long run.

I agree with most of this, but I think at most it'll cost us in the short run. If things aren't going to plan by May when almost 2/3s of the season is done, I have little doubt that the consortium will take swift action.

Front loading the season could actually work to our advantage. While a few squad players have moved on, we are in the most settled position squad wise that I can remember in a very long time. Every other club has had the usual ins and outs and will take time to gel. The fact that so many were either already signed up or took up new contracts may have played a part in (it appears) opting to maintain the status quo on the management side. Deciding which double winning side was better, 2015 or 2018, is very much a personal choice, but I feel this year's squad was working from a much lower starting point, both in terms of player changes and the psychological effect of Cork doing the double last year.There was an air of steeliness about them this year which gave me a comfortable feeling looking forward.

I've been away and only got to see the RTE awards last night. With Garts and SK on the same table, Darragh Maloney (VP placed immediately behind him) was obviously looking to stir it up a bit over the vacancy. Garts was having none of it, just looked him in the eye with a smile and said "We'll be all right". Pre-season might not be for another two weeks but sounded like they're already back in business and know where they're going.( and who they're going with)
Last edited by oldfogey on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Little piece with Gartland on RTE.ie about moving on:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/12 ... o-move-on/

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Ok , Louth for Sam , give me three names you would have instead & Niall Hearty as well , you name 3 you would have instead .

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Ok , Louth for Sam , give me three names you would have instead & Niall Hearty as well , you name 3 you would have instead .

We didn't need 3, we only need one and John Gill isn't that one.
King Kenny!

muppet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby muppet » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:33 pm

colymull wrote:
Johnnybegood33 wrote:Ok , Louth for Sam , give me three names you would have instead & Niall Hearty as well , you name 3 you would have instead .

We didn't need 3, we only need one and John Gill isn't that one.

Who is the one?

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm

So you answer a question with a question?
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Well , another smart answer from Louth For Sam . No alternative to Perth , Gill , Higgins. Why are you on this forum ?

Return to “General Discussion”