Gill perth.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Gill perth.

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Now it has finally been confirmed what is everyone's opinion? For me I always knew it was coming but have to say am very disappointed by it. Club have shown absolutely no ambition with this announcement. We needed to kick on and I don't think this management team have the same drive or determination that Kenny had. Nor do I think the opposition will fear us as much as they did under Kenny. We have gone from the best manager this club has ever had, and possibly the greatest the league has ever seen who became the first Irish manager to win points in the group stages of European Competition, and first Dundalk manager to not only retain a league title but to win 3 in a row and 4 in 5 seasons. For me this is the most alarming aspect from the club's announcement today: "John Gill, who led Dundalk Football Club to promotion in 2008 in his previous spell with the club, will have specific responsibility for the first team, and will be assisted by Perth on first team matters". To me this reads that Gill is in charge and Perth answers to him no matter what way the club want to spin or sugarcoat this.. I hope I am wrong. I know people will say support the club and don't worry I will always support this club through the good and the bad as I have done since I was 5 almost 42 yrs ago. But this decision by our American overlords is very underwhelming God help us.
Last edited by niall_hearty2000 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Gill perth.

Postby lilywhite66 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Bookies are the winners if anyone had a flutter on the management setup

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:08 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Now it has finally been confirmed what is everyone's opinion? For me I always knew it was coming but have to say am very disappointed by it. Club have shown absolutely no ambition with this announcement. We needed to kick on and I don't think this management team have the same drive or determination that Kenny had. Nor do I think the opposition will fear us as much as they did under Kenny. We have gone from the best manager this club has ever had, and possibly the greatest the league has ever seen who became the first Irish manager to win points in the group stages of European Competition, and first Dundalk manager to not only retain a league title but to win 3 in a row and 4 in 5 seasons. For me this is the most alarming aspect from the club's announcement today: "John Gill, who led Dundalk Football Club to promotion in 2008 in his previous spell with the club, will have specific responsibility for the first team, and will be assisted by Perth on first team matters". To me this reads that Gill is in charge and Perth answers to him no matter what way the club want to spin or sugarcoat this.. I hope I am wrong. I know people will say support the club and don't worry I will always support this club through the good and the bad as I have done since I was 5 almost 42 yrs ago. But this decision by our American overlords is very underwhelming God help us.

A: The FAI are intent on doing us over and refuse to allow Perth to be in charge.

B: The FAI have agreed to turn a blind eye but are taking the official line that Perth can't be seen to be in charge.

Either way, it's fairly safe to assume that - ultimately - VP calls the shots.

I fully support everyone's entitlement to opinion but - looking at the bigger picture - Perth and Gill is the clubs decision and HAS to work, otherwise it's bad news for all of us.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:13 pm

A bit underwhelming as I'm still not sure what Gill brings to the table apart from being mates with Perth and having the correct badges. However like most fans I'll be fully behind them and hopeful that any doubts I have will be quashed
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm

I have every confidence in Perth. A six year apprenticeship hand in glove with the League’s best ever manager is more qualification than the FAI’s little course or a few years knocking around England’s lower leagues ever will be.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Vinny is the man . We are not rocking the boat , here.
Same squad that done the double , plus Daniel Kelly and a top keeper.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 am

oldfogey wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:

A: The FAI are intent on doing us over and refuse to allow Perth to be in charge.

B: The FAI have agreed to turn a blind eye but are taking the official line that Perth can't be seen to be in charge.

Either way, it's fairly safe to assume that - ultimately - VP calls the shots.

I fully support everyone's entitlement to opinion but - looking at the bigger picture - Perth and Gill is the clubs decision and HAS to work, otherwise it's bad news for all of us.

The FAI are doing us a favour as per your second point not doing us over. Perth doesnt have the required badges sinple as! At face value what do people expect the club to say bar what is officially within regulations. In reality Gill will sit in the stand with an ear piece in with the jack sitting unattached to anything in his pocket, looking the part. Perth and Higgins will be on the bench calling things tactically as they see them. Gill will probably run a few drills, answer the phone, do some media work but if people think that he will actively be in charge of the dressing room then they havent been listening too much of what VP has been saying for the last few weeks. I do wonder how much it costs to be a tick in a box!!?

Return to “General Discussion”