New Supporters Club / Trust?

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

New Supporters Club / Trust?

Post by El Paso » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Wonder is it time to get something up and running again. The lads who worked in the Trust and Travel Club and so on did great work, but those supporters clubs were of a certain time, usually with the survival of the club in mind. We’re in a different place now, yet as supporters we should be organised, just in case.

So what would we want from a new club?

Getting the contact details of the fans is important, and something that makes being a member worthwhile. Even being able to lobby the club with one voice as paying supporters would be a good start.

Then perks? A supporters shirt maybe? A patreon podcast? A link up with Gavin’s work for exclusive content if he was willing?

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Re: New Supporters Club / Trust?

Post by dell1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:55 am

El Paso wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm
Wonder is it time to get something up and running again. The lads who worked in the Trust and Travel Club and so on did great work, but those supporters clubs were of a certain time, usually with the survival of the club in mind. We’re in a different place now, yet as supporters we should be organised, just in case.

So what would we want from a new club?

Getting the contact details of the fans is important, and something that makes being a member worthwhile. Even being able to lobby the club with one voice as paying supporters would be a good start.

Then perks? A supporters shirt maybe? A patreon podcast? A link up with Gavin’s work for exclusive content if he was willing?
The ability to survive! (again and again). But thats the pessimist in me as Peak6 could be with us for many years to come. There is always value to having an organised supporters group, in the past it was working to keep the club supported financially and alive, now it would be more looking to lean on the owners to consider fans concerns on creating a lasting legacy from this current era. We really do need to be more organised just in case!! An organised supporters group doesnt have to be just building a war chest in case of possible future problems with owners - there is a whole wealth of reasons for creating a new supporters club/trust!

pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

I’ve tried a couple of times to get this off the ground but ended up not having enough time to really get involved as much as I’d like.
Think it’s very important to have an organized supporters club. More than willing to help out, albeit from a distance.
The only team for me.....

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 pm

What might make it easier this time is that it doesn’t need to be a fundraising group or a group that needs to meet regularly or deal with problems at the club. So a minimal subscription with a committee comprised of a secretary, treasurer, club liaison officer and maybe a diaspora fans officer (Dean!) and juvenile fans officer?

Twitter and Facebook can be used for public comms, Survey Monkey could be used to collate opinions and prioritise what the majority of fans care about. Patreon could be used to collect a small subscription, podcast meetings and provide exclusive content.

I could be wrong but it might not be a shed load of work and, as I was saying at least we have a fans group ready to lobby were things to start going wrong.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:37 pm

I'd be happy to get involved with others interested in doing this.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Great idea, especially, as you say, it wouldn’t necessarily be as a fund raiser for the club. Could a travel club be incorporated into it, The like of M & T travel might get on board (excuse the pun!!)
Also a junior Lilywhite club I reckon would go down a storm with the amount of younger fans that are coming through. It may be a lot of extra work but I think would work!
King Kenny!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:17 am

An all-in-1 Supporters Club - so incorporating a Travel Club - makes sense.

A club for primary school kids should be a priority - colouring book, badge, panda with a shirt on... would make a great Christmas present! Get them young!! The family fun day was a great success. My 7 year old has minimal interest in football, yet collecting autographs that day had him absolutely buzzing.