St Patrick's Athletic V Dundalk | Fri 5 Apr | 7:45pm | Richmond Park | Matchday 8

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

St Patrick's Athletic V Dundalk | Fri 5 Apr | 7:45pm | Richmond Park | Matchday 8

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:17 pm

According to home fans St Pats had an improved performance against Dundalk in the EA Sports Cup. On that basis we have little to fear on Friday night and are well capable of taking all 3 points. Chris Forresster came on as a second half sub and might as well have stayed on the bench. Mickey Drennan suspended

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: St Patrick's Athletic V Dundalk | Fri 5 Apr | 7:45pm | Richmond Park | Matchday 8

Post by El Paso » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:18 am

Harry Kenny is a good Manager who has caused us problems with bad teams before. Every game in Dublin feels like a big challenge, but maybe that’s my hang up from before the glory days.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: St Patrick's Athletic V Dundalk | Fri 5 Apr | 7:45pm | Richmond Park | Matchday 8

Post by seand » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 am

In fairness we have an outrageously good record in Dublin in recent seasons, and against Pats. If we play somewhere around the level we've managed in the last couple of league games we'll be ok.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:14 pm

El Paso wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:18 am
Harry Kenny is a good Manager who has caused us problems with bad teams before. Every game in Dublin feels like a big challenge, but maybe that’s my hang up from before the glory days.
Can't find it now, but someone tweeted a photo of the team sheets last night.

Pats manager listed as ......Liam Buckley.

Lesson 1 on "How to win friends and influence people in the workplace". Get the bosses name wrong.
Last edited by oldfogey on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:05 am

Double post
Last edited by Ezeikial on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 am

VP talks about his high hopes for Jordan Flores, that he might play on Friday as well as some injury updates including that "Chris Shields is almost there, he’s touch and go for Friday but he’s not too far away"
VINNY PERTH reckons Jordan Flores is ready to blossom for Dundalk.

Flores was arguably the Lilywhites’ most high-profile close-season signing, joining on a two-year deal from Wigan Athletic.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/39 ... s-dundalk/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm

First time in a few years that we're hoping Cork win a League match?! They might - there's a touch of flat track bully about Rovers so far. Spanked the three worst sides but couldn't score against us or Bohs and needed a penalty against Pats.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:56 pm

El Paso wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm
First time in a few years that we're hoping Cork win a League match?! They might - there's a touch of flat track bully about Rovers so far. Spanked the three worst sides but couldn't score against us or Bohs and needed a penalty against Pats.
It does seem strange to be wishing for a Cork win - although I doubt that they are likely to achieve it. Anything other than a Rovers win will be a help.

Maybe Brian Gartlands approach is the right one for supporters too - only focusing on our own results:
The Lilywhites are the only unbeaten outfit left in the league, and afterwards, Gartland was in no mood for discussing the current leaders, who last year finished 25 points adrift.

The skipper said: “To be honest – I don’t care. We look after ourselves. They can do what they want. Cork aren’t out of it, and we aren’t out of it. We have two games in hand. Rovers got a couple of Harps games moved forward and it obviously paid off for them.

“We don’t worry about other teams. We say it every year. We look after ourselves, and at the end of the year, if you look after yourself and you get your results, you’ll be there. We’ll be champions. But if we’re not, we haven’t done enough.”

Put to him that Rovers would be much closer this time around, the centre-half repeated: “Like I said, I don’t want to talk about them. I don’t talk about other teams. We look after ourselves. That’s it.”
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... overs.html

Memo to Caoimhin Reilly / Demo headline writer - the tabloid style headline ‘We’ll be champions’ - Dundalk FC ‘don’t care’ about table topping Shamrock Rovers does not reflect the interview and won't do you any favours with Brian Gartland or others at Oriel Park, especially if picked up and requoted by others

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am

Whats the best options for parking near ground here lads?

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

punkha wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am
Plenty of free on street parking on Connolly Ave, Goldenbridge Ave area, just across the road from Richmond Pk. Never had any problem parking there. Check it on Google Maps

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am

seand wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am
punkha wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am
Plenty of free on street parking on Connolly Ave, Goldenbridge Ave area, just across the road from Richmond Pk. Never had any problem parking there. Check it on Google Maps
Will do cheers.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this might get called off. Plenty of rain so far in Dublin this week with more forecast. The pitch at Richmond is notorious for poor drainage

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:53 pm

GET IT DUN Harry Kenny reckons St Patrick’s Athletic can match Dundalk’s first-team after EA Sports Cup defeat
The Saints were beaten 2-1 by the league champions on Monday as both sides fielded experimental starting XIs

By Neil O'Riordan
2nd April 2019, 10:30 pmUpdated: 2nd April 2019, 10:30 pm

HARRY KENNY believes St Pat’s can put it up to Dundalk’s first XI if they cut out the mistakes they made against their second string.

A 2-1 loss in the EA Sports Cup to a Dundalk side which featured 10 changes was the Saints’ fourth on the spin.

Kenny — who made six changes himself — was frustrated by the goals St Pat’s conceded but saw grounds for optimism ahead of the return of the reigning champions to Richmond Park on Friday in the Premier Division.

The Pat’s gaffer said: “It’s not going to get any easier, we’ve Dundalk and Cork in our next two matches.

“Would you be confident? Dundalk will have all the big guns back but our overall performance gave me a little bit of hope.

“I thought we were good, we owned plenty of the ball in the second half in particular — and that gave me a bit of hope.

“There were a few lads put their hand up to get into the team, lads who hadn’t been playing like Cian Coleman, James Doona and Gary Shaw.

“But we need to get rid of those silly mistakes we’re making.

“The two goals were so soft, Dave Webster’s back pass after five minutes and the other from a corner and Gary, our biggest player, loses a player in the box.

“We can’t be giving away goals like that and trying to play catch-up, awful stuff. They are ­better players than that.

“But that’s the story of our season.

“We have to be scoring when we’re in possession of the ball but we’re handing people goals and then we’re always on the back foot, you’re chasing and chasing and you leave yourself open.”

Meanwhile, Kenny is confident that Brandon Miele will be back soon although he is still ­wearing a protective boot after coming off with a foot injury against ­Bohemians last Friday.

He added: “I don’t it’s long-term. He’s had a scan and an X-ray and there’s nothing broken.

“The boot is just ­precautionary.”
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/39 ... c-dundalk/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:39 pm

I know it's a tabloid, and I know the journo doesn't write the headline, but the headline doesn't come anywhere close to matching the quotes.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Keith Wallace in the Demo
Ever-improving Jamie McGrath relishing Dundalk FC's trip to his former club, St. Pat's
More at
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... 6k.twitter