On-Line Tickets

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Stephen
Club Captain
Club Captain

On-Line Tickets

Post by Stephen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm

At .6.00 pm I decided to buy a match ticket on-line. After I paid for it absolutely nothing. The on-line ticket arrived by e-mail just before 7.30 pm. I was in the ground after shelling out for another ticket when the on-line ticket arrived, which I think is very poor..

20th May 2014. Dundalk 7 Drogheda United 0

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: On-Line Tickets

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Stephen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm
At .6.00 pm I decided to buy a match ticket on-line. After I paid for it absolutely nothing. The on-line ticket arrived by e-mail just before 7.30 pm. I was in the ground after shelling out for another ticket when the on-line ticket arrived, which I think is very poor..
Poor show

Duplicated threads about duplicated tickets!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:04 am

I saw that happened someone else on Twitter and the club account said they could go into the office before the match to get a print out. Anyway they know there’s a glitch because it obviously happened a few people so hopefully they’ll get it sorted. Presumably if you let them know they’ll find a way to refund you?

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by mr-toyota » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:05 am

You should have went to the office and told them you bought the ticket online but got no email, they would have sorted it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am

I'd be wary of buying tickets for anything online just an hour or two before the event, but hopefully the office will still be able to sort you out. It should be possible to see that the online ticket was not scanned / used at Oriel

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:23 am

I bought tickets at half five, got the tickets at seven. There was definitely some kind of glitch as they arrived instantly other times I've purchased. Was a bit of a panic but they arrived and could scan tickets from my phone so no need for printing. I knew I'd be sorted if they didn't arrive but not an ideal scenario and would certainly put a dampener on the match day experience for a non regular or new fan
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:04 pm

I suspect they are printing out the tickets for sale on the night at that time and you end up at the back of the processing queue.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm

They’ve announced no (or no more) online tickets for the Rovers game. Presumably because they can’t control who buys them. None of that threatening to cancel orders based on address shite Cork pulled last season. Get your relatives up there Tuesday if you live away from Town.
Last edited by El Paso on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:15 pm

If Sham supporters were confined to the away terrace and the 100+ seats at the front of the stand, it would be the first time ever.

It is a problem just waiting to happen having them scattered throughout the stand
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:15 pm
If Sham supporters were confined to the away terrace and the 100+ seats at the front of the stand, it would be the first time ever.

It is a problem just waiting to happen having them scattered throughout the stand
Lots of Bohs fans scattered throughout the stand on Monday . Most were OAPs or had children with them so were well behaved.
The main bulk of their fans on the right of the stand were well behaved too it must be said.
Definitely agree that it’s a problem waiting to happen though

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Lots of Bohs fans scattered throughout the stand on Monday . Most were OAPs or had children with them so were well behaved.
The main bulk of their fans on the right of the stand were well behaved too it must be said.
Definitely agree that it’s a problem waiting to happen though
Always been a big difference between Bohs and Rovers fans

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:44 pm

I'm in two minds about segregation - it's good to be with your own, makes better atmosphere. But it should be perfectly ok to sell unused seats in the Stand (for example) to fans of other clubs without worrying about security issues. Maybe we should be able to treat people like grown ups?

I wonder if the clubs in the League could come to some arrangement where a club membership scheme could be used and names supplied to each other in advance of matches where, e.g., Johnny Bohs fan can walk up with his kid and membership card and buy a ticket for the Stand, use the bar etc, when his name is checked?

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by GSBellew » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Stephen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm
Same happened to me on Monday, ticket arrived just before 8pm, it was only a juvenile ticket so wasn't worth kicking up a fuss over, I just put it down to experience.

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by GSBellew » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm
None of that cancelling orders based on address shite Cork pulled last season.
Did they cancel tickets? They didn't cancel mine, just updated it and changed it to an away section ticket.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:01 pm

They said they were going to, maybe they didn't in the end