Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 26 April | 8pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 13

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 26 April | 8pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 13

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Now is the time to re-assert our title credentials with a win.

It would be brilliant if we could re-create the sort of atmosphere that Caulfield and Co described as hostile last season

A win over Shamrock Rovers is so enjoyable at any time, but it would be extra special on Friday night because of how they have started the season

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 26 April | 8pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 13

Post by dell1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:28 pm

It will be a test for the seemingly calmer less antagonistic Bradley of this season. I never thought that Stephen Kenny was particularly good at the mind games side of things but since he has left there has been a lot less of stirring things up prior to games. Might be no harm for Giller to go off script and do a bit of trolling in the media this week. Caoimhin Reilly misquoting Garts tried a bit in the local press and it was picked up on by some Rovers fans but generally its all been very nice from the management team so far with little to really whip up the intrigue and anticipation of games - not even for the easly riled Caulfield prior. Possibly it was about getting today's game out of the way first before starting any war of words. Its not always my favoured part of the game but if it gets the crowd in and in good voice for what will be a key game in the season imo, then so be it!! Regardless, i'm sure Ronan Finn will get another warm welcome.

On the game itself, Greene doesnt strike that much fear but the quality Rovers have in attacking midfielders will mean we need Shields on his game. I thought Derry were unlucky not to get a point on Friday and their high press kept rovers at arms length for most of the game. They struggled to get any patterns of play going and we would have that bit more about us than a young Derry side. We got through today unscathed with key players so i'd be confident of a good result. The lapse in concentration that let UCD score could be timely and focus the defences minds. It was mentioned that Kelly looked tired today so hopefully he will be minded in training this week and get the energy levels up.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Trevor Clarke straight red-card, hopefully not the last suspension or (non career threatening) injury tonight!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Lee Grace gone now, and Mannus and Finn after shipping knocks! And Bohs 1-up.

Snigger.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Rovers down to 9! And 1 down. Da bo wiz!!!!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Dundalk back room staff in the stand watching, I’m sure they are enjoying this. Hope boys run them ragged in the second half

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:49 pm

If bohs see out this game then hopefully it will put a dent in rovers confidence going into Friday. The gap could be narrowed to 4 points come the end of the week. Have to say bohs keeper has been very impressive, believe he was a reserve for Sunderland.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 pm

The suspensions will impact on Shams and will help us going into Friday night.

The biggest factor is still about how we play rather than their lineup
Last edited by Ezeikial on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 pm

After all the moaning and groaning (I put myself into that category) it seems since we ground out the win against bohs, the team are starting to piece together some form and results to boot. The absolute acid test will be Friday and no doubt the crowd will play their part. Many players coming into form (I even put Jordan Flores in that bracket), back from injury and players chomping at the bit to get game time. It's set up nicely. Really looking forward to this game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:18 am

Beating Bohs on the form guide was a good result for us. There’d be a clear gap between us and a ‘top 2’ tonight if we hadn’t But beating the two worst sides since then can only be seen as steadying the ship. Have to make a statement on Friday I think. Soften the cough of the ‘rovers have won it already’ brigade.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 am

El Paso wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:18 am
Beating Bohs on the form guide was a good result for us. There’d be a clear gap between us and a ‘top 2’ tonight if we hadn’t But beating the two worst sides since then can only be seen as steadying the ship. Have to make a statement on Friday I think. Soften the cough of the ‘rovers have won it already’ brigade.
Agreed need to step it up a notch on Friday. I wasn’t at Sligo away but judging on the home game UCD are a better team. They may even be a better team than cork this year! Any work on Murray’s fitness for Friday, feel like we could do with him

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 am

Really looking forward to Friday now, Rovers at home is always the first fixture I look for. That was a tough match for them last night physically and it will be interesting to see how they recover after a somewhat controversial defeat.
I'd love Murray to be fit for this one, although i reckon McEleney will start, to have Murray coming off the bench will give our midfield a huge boost!!
King Kenny!

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 am

Rovers will definitely miss the quality of Grace and Clarke on Friday and most likely come set up to take a point. Why was Bolger missing?? Is he back for Friday?? He always seems to up his game against us.

We need to come out with intent from the very start,like the Waterford and Cork games. An early goal would ask questions of Rovers. Really looking forward to the game.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 am

shep wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 am
Rovers will definitely miss the quality of Grace and Clarke on Friday and most likely come set up to take a point. Why was Bolger missing?? Is he back for Friday?? He always seems to up his game against us.

We need to come out with intent from the very start,like the Waterford and Cork games. An early goal would ask questions of Rovers. Really looking forward to the game.
They've been playing without Bolger the last few weeks I think, playing a more attacking formation. Rest assured it'll be a more defensive Rvoers midfield on Friday! The defence is there for the taking. Grace is their best defender. Unfortunately Bohs didn't stretch them at all in the second half. The 9 men had it relatively easy

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 am

No sign of Bolger on the bench. Ditto for Ethan Boyle and Sam Bone