Dundalk V Bohs | Mon 20 May | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 18

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Dundalk V Bohs | Mon 20 May | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 18

Post by Ezeikial » Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 am

Bohs are clearly one of the better teams in the league and are likely to give us a strong test on Monday night

Logic suggests that as a part-time team they should suffer more than most with a 3 day turnaround. That was not the case on the last visit to Oriel where they made 7 changes to their side; even with many squad players starting they were unlucky not to take 3 something from the match.It could be a lively and entertaining game

I also see that the club have withdrawn stand tickets from online sale - only available from Oriel Park - presumably to ensure that home fans can get them easier after there were a large number of Bohs fans in the stand last time

https://www.dundalkfc.com/tickets-bohemian-fc-6/

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Bohs | Mon 20 May | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 18

Post by El Paso » Sat May 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Presumably Mountney is now suspended, although apart from his goal he was poor again last night, and while the sending off looked harsh from a distance, the way he went in for both yellows was risky and not what we need.

Kelly was rested it seems and is hopefully going to start. Cleary and Garts are not a great pair and one will make way. Cleary gave away a number of daft fouls, while Garts lost Cummins completely a couple of times so either could make way. Flores did enough to show he might replace Murray but I’d guess Kelly and Hoare will be the extent of the changes.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Sat May 18, 2019 6:01 pm

2-0 dundalk

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat May 18, 2019 6:56 pm

Most important message from Stevie O'Donnell in tomorrow's training session - NO free kicks within 10 yards of our penalty area. Mandriou's goal was Beckham to a T.
Last edited by oldfogey on Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat May 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Big sign taped to Dan Cleary’s locker

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:38 pm
Big sign taped to Dan Cleary’s locker
I would have thought the brains trust would go with Gartland and Hoare. Kelly to return on the right. Injuries notwithstanding, I expect big impact off the bench from Jordan Flores and Georgie Kelly

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Who's your team for tomorrow? Do we rotate ?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat May 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Gartland or Cleary
Jarvis or Massey
Murray or Flores
Hoban or G Kelly

Rogers, Gannon, Hoare, Shields, D Kelly, McEleney and Duffy are all certain starters, subject to fitness
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun May 19, 2019 12:43 am

Unlike last season we’re close to a point where none of those decisions are controversial either way or would worry you.

That’s a good thing.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun May 19, 2019 7:56 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:37 pm
Gartland or Cleary
Jarvis or Massey
Murray or Flores
Hoban or G Kelly

Rogers, Gannon, Hoare, Shields, D Kelly, McEleney and Duffy are all certain starters, subject to fitness
Gartland v Cleary
While he is not a quick as Cleary, BG outjumped Corcoran all night in Dalymount and has that savvy to work the referee without getting himself into trouble.

Murray v Flores
Murray is popping up everywhere, allowing Fats to get forward more. Flores can cover Murray, McEleney, and Kelly so any substitution won't require positional changes as well.

Hoban v Kelly
It's impossible to overstate Hoban's importance to the team in terms of holding the ball up and linking with midfield. He also hunts down defenders with something close to obsession, something Kelly is only starting to come to terms with. When you are the number 2, you have to work a lot harder to prove you can displace the current incumbent. You only have to look at look at McMillan when backing up Hoban. They had different styles of play but, for me, McMillan probably became a more complete striker.

Jarvis v Massey
This one has me perplexed, which is why I've left it to last. Is Jarvis getting fidgety? Is Dane carrying a knock? Trevor Clarke is a bit hit and miss so you could argue we have the two best left backs in the country. Little things like quick throw-ins have gone from our game on that side. I would hate the thought of losing Dane - especially to someone else. Maybe it's time for a bit of rotation, but not for this game.(ok, I'm a coward!)

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun May 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Team news

Robbie Benson is continuing his recovery from a broken leg and remains sidelined while Jamie McGrath is also out with a foot problem. Daniel Kelly will continued to be assessed after his knock and Sean Hoare is available after serving a one match ban on Friday. John Mountney misses out after receiving a one match ban for his red card on Friday night also.
https://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-bohemians-13/

With Rob Harvey as ref, the normal lottery stuff applies

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm

If Daniel Kelly is not fit enough to start or last the 90 minutes, we could well see Michael Duffy switching to the right wing, with either Flores or Jarvis on the left side of midfield. Cameron Dummigan is probably the other contender for right midfield. Lido may also feature from the bench

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Seems mad that Harvey gets two Bohs matches in three days. Pats were raging at his decisions Friday.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:03 pm
Seems mad that Harvey gets two Bohs matches in three days. Pats were raging at his decisions Friday.
I doubt that this has any real significance.

LoI refs in general and Harvey specifically is incompetent rather than biased. He is as likely to give a bizarre major decision against Bohs as he is to give it in their favour. It's a lottery who gets the benefits of his madcap decisions

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Not implying bias. I doubt it happens regularly.