Speakers in the shed .

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Speakers in the shed .

Post by Alanek » Sun May 26, 2019 11:13 am

Right ,just a small rant.The speakers in the shed are too noisey.Anybody want too volunteer too cut the wires.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Speakers in the shed .

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:22 am

Alanek wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:13 am
Right ,just a small rant.The speakers in the shed are too noisey.Anybody want too volunteer too cut the wires.
Same problem in the stand

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Glad someone else said it first. The PA is without doubt the worst part of the matchday experience in Oriel, and that is saying something.
Not only the volume, but the absolute dribble that comes out of the attention seeker behind the mic. Just do the basics, don't drown out the signing and atmosphere with whatever song you fancy this week, and allow us to have a conversation at half time.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sun May 26, 2019 1:20 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 pm
Glad someone else said it first. The PA is without doubt the worst part of the matchday experience in Oriel, and that is saying something.
Not only the volume, but the absolute dribble that comes out of the attention seeker behind the mic. Just do the basics, don't drown out the signing and atmosphere with whatever song you fancy this week, and allow us to have a conversation at half time.
Thank god somebody agrees with me .
I rather enjoy applauding the team as they walk towards the shed after a match.But then ya man goes and ruins it by playing “rocking all over the world”.
Just don’t play anything . .call the team sheet out before the match ..speak the rules regarding flares etc.a few birthday wishes .Then stop ,,just stop .do no more .
Rant over I promise.

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor » Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Pats fans were tweeting before the match that " the volume is turned up to eleven" Our announcer never stops talking, says
the same things over and over again, and the embarrassing shite he comes out with is cringeworthy . Being an older customer I
don't mind Some of his 70's music but now he's playing shit that even I have never heard before. Someone needs to talk to this guy.
His inane drivel is the is the most disappointing part of match night for me.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 pm

condor wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 pm
Pats fans were tweeting before the match that " the volume is turned up to eleven" Our announcer never stops talking, says
the same things over and over again, and the embarrassing shite he comes out with is cringeworthy . Being an older customer I
don't mind Some of his 70's music but now he's playing shit that even I have never heard before. Someone needs to talk to this guy.
His inane drivel is the is the most disappointing part of match night for me.
Was going too stop going into the shed and stand behind the goals instead.will still hear him but not as bad as been in the shed

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun May 26, 2019 3:56 pm

This is not new and has been consistently remarked upon to no avail for some time

Perhaps it might be more effective if people were to take it to the attention of Mark Devlin ( or Martin Connolly or Colm Murphy) making the points outlined above and requesting them to take action.

An alternative or additional approach is to use a decibel meter app (downloadable to your smartphone) and measure the noise level. If it is over 80 dBA the club have certain Health & Safety obligations to their employees under Chapter 1 of Part 5 of the General Application Regulations 2007. The obligations ratchet up further at 85 dBA and again at higher readings
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun May 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Ezeikial wrote:This is not new and has been consistently remarked upon to no avail for some time

Perhaps it might be more effective if people were to take it to the attention of Mark Devlin ( or Martin Connolly or Colm Murphy) making the points outlined above and requesting them to take action.

An alternative or additional approach is to use a decibel meter app (downloadable to your smartphone) and measure the noise level. If it is over 80 dBA the club have certain Health & Safety obligations to their employees under Chapter 1 of Part 5 of the General Application Regulations 2007. The obligations ratchet up further at 85 dBA and again at higher readings
Funny you should say that as I did this a couple of weeks ago. It was hovering between 74 and 80 which I was surprised at. I thought it would've been louder. Interestingly at half time, I pulled out the sound meter in the bar, and it was the same.

However, I can't remember which match, but young Blackmore was the PA, volume was turned down, basic messages delivered, fantastic!! And he could be clearly heard, so there is absolutely no need for it to be so loud. It's ridiculous that you have to shout at the person beside you to have a conversation, which is even worse for your ears.

Clearly the current PA has a hearing problem because it should not be that loud.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:54 pm

I like a bit of Quo when we win !!
I’d be happy if he just turned the volume down a bit

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun May 26, 2019 5:13 pm

It’s a bugbear of mine too. The volume and the cliche-ridden choice of tunes. Seven Nation Army? How effin original. He should have been taken out and shot when he played the Maroon 5 version of Three Little Birds last summer.

Basic low key announcements pre match and half time. Low volume music otherwise. Play the team off with the proper version of three little birds and leave it at that.

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by condor » Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm

I was probably a bit harsh in my previous post, our announcer is a huge Dundalk fan like the rest of us and probably gets over excited, but he
definitely needs to dial it back a bit.

Jojo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jojo » Sun May 26, 2019 6:42 pm

I agree with all above. It is impossible to hear the person beside you at half-time and some of his comments when we score are childish.

Jojo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jojo » Sun May 26, 2019 6:42 pm

I agree with all above. It is impossible to hear the person beside you at half-time and some of his comments when we score are childish.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm

I’ve been in most grounds ,,no other PA behaves the way he does .

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Agree with all above and as has been suggested an email through the website or a DM to OP management is probably best source to change. I noticed Bohs fans rightfully complaining about our PA after the last game. While they are at I would love if they could knock the music on the head pre game and the post game live music in the lillywhite lounge. Have stopped going post game because I want to chat football and have a conversation and it’s impossible. Amount of people post game is no bigger than it used to be so is ineffective for drawing crowds