Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 28 June | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 22

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 28 June | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 22

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:30 pm

With confirmation from Vinny Perth last night that there will be no re-arranged match replacing the postponed UCD fixture next week, it's a long 3 weeks to the next one. While it might be a while away it is likely to be one of the most important matches of the season.

Depending on how Shamrock Rovers fare playing away to Bohs next week, we could be anything from 2 to 5 points ahead going into the Tallaght match with the same number of matches played.

The expected return of Jamie McGrath and Sean Murray will certainly strengthen our options, even if there may be some doubts about their match sharpness.

It's match that a draw would be seen by many as being a satisfactory result, but I suspect that the management and team will be looking to get all 3 points and put serious daylight between the teams.

Anytime is a good time to beat Rovers, but this would be exquisite timing to further soften their cough!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 28 June | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 22

Post by El Paso » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Fabulous little exchange on Twitter:
Gavin McLaughlin @DundalkSport
The internet never forgets.
"Shamrock Rovers are title winners in waiting after moving an incredible 13 points ahead of Dundalk"
John O'Connor @chippie1974
Who wrote that?
Vinnie @9fingersvin
@Ui_Maine I believe
Johnny Ward @Ui_Maine
long way to go gents
John O'Connor @chippie1974
Agreed but was even longer left when you crowned them champions 😉
Snigger

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 pm

Johnny Ward is the ultimate 'hot take' gobshite
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Guys. Away Tickets are already on sale for this on the rovers website. I bought mine today. With us having no game for 3 weeks there might be an even greater number of away fans travelling than normal. Might be no harm to purchase your tickets early.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:50 pm

With the increased capacity in Tallaght Stadium, it would be hard to imagine there being a problem with tickets unless Rovers made a decision to limited the number of away fans

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:50 pm
With the increased capacity in Tallaght Stadium, it would be hard to imagine there being a problem with tickets unless Rovers made a decision to limited the number of away fans
Ezekiel you saw first hand at the last game how reluctant they were to open up additional block even though there was overcrowding. They appear to have only 1 block on sale so whether they open up additional blocks remains to be seen. But imho it,s better to have ticket in hand than holding off for later.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:20 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:50 pm
Ezekiel you saw first hand at the last game how reluctant they were to open up additional block even though there was overcrowding. They appear to have only 1 block on sale so whether they open up additional blocks remains to be seen. But imho it,s better to have ticket in hand than holding off for later.
I agree that buying early eliminates the risk of not getting a ticket at all

Of course it doesn't necessarily prevent poor crowrd control resulting in the overcrowding problem you referred to

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:33 pm

What about those that are not able to buy tickets in Oriel park? Is the facility still there for away supporters to buy tickets at the gate? I wasn't at the last fixture in tallaght with the new arrangements for away fans and I'm sure there are plenty others not based in Dundalk who will find themselves in the same predicament.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Chrish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Chrish » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:33 pm
What about those that are not able to buy tickets in Oriel park? Is the facility still there for away supporters to buy tickets at the gate? I wasn't at the last fixture in tallaght with the new arrangements for away fans and I'm sure there are plenty others not based in Dundalk who will find themselves in the same predicament.

You can buy them online
https://shamrockrovers.ie/match-tickets/

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 pm

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:33 pm

There was a caravan style ticket booth at the away end last time, I'm sure it'll be there again. Bohs hit capacity when they were there, but I doubt we'll bring 2,000

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm

8-900 would be a great travelling support and has been done already this season. With the 3 week hiatus we could all be chomping at the bit for some live football and could break the 1000 travelling support which would be phenomenal if a tad optimistic. At least there wont be an issue of not offering additional tickets even if the ground isnt sold out. Rovers should be hoping for 4k+home support considering the importance of the game especially for them to keep on our coatails.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Daniel Cleary and Dean Jarvis both suspended for the Rovers game.

https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/sta ... 41536?s=19

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

That's unfortunate, but Gartland and Massey will ensure that we are in good defensive shape.

It's interesting to note that they would have served their suspensions for the UCD match, had it not been postponed

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm
oldfogey wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

That's unfortunate, but Gartland and Massey will ensure that we are in good defensive shape.

It's interesting to note that they would have served their suspensions for the UCD match, had it not been postponed
Also explains why the club were so keen to arrange a league match for this Friday.