Time Wasters

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Time Wasters

Post by Wexford White » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 am

Great result for us last night.
Bohemians, however, are notorious time wasters. Last night the referee played an additional 11 minutes and when Bohs played us the time added on was 6 minutes - and we scored the winner in that period. Any winning goal is great but I particularly enjoyed that one. Talbot is a fine goalkeeper but he really gets right up my nose.
I have often wondered if it would be better if a game was divided into 2 halves of 30 minutes each and the watch is stopped every time the ball is out of play?

The Back of the Wall

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Time Wasters

Post by dell1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 pm

The idea of stopping the clock has been talked about in the past. Not sure how it would work at kick outs for example where the longest delay happens, has play resumed when the ball is positioned for the kickout. Maybe keepers should be give say 10 seconds to play the ball after it goes dead similar to the rule from years back that they could only hold on to the ball for x seconds. Stopping the clock for injuries and substitutions would be the way to go to end the controveries there eg 6 subs supposed to be 30 seconds each added yet a late sub is used as a tacitc to eat in to time remaining. I wouldn shorten the game period myself and with multiball timewasting becomes much more obvious to be able to penalise.