Dundalk V Finn Harps | Fri 16 Aug | 8pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 26

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Dundalk V Finn Harps | Fri 16 Aug | 8pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 26

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 am

DFCTV with a 5 min + videos interview with Vinny Perth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGlBJXKDA0&t=25s

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:28 am

"How happy were you to me in the first eleven tonight?"

Another mind stretching question being lobbed at Patrick McEleney by Gerry

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/235 ... 813c7f487a
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 am

Brian Gartland also being asked if he was happy to be back in the side

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/235 ... a8d51159e7

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 am

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:54 am

Cameron Dummigan was a real positive last night. How he hasn't gotten more of a run in the side as a winger or even as a left full, is strange.

I didn't feel it necessary to substitute George either. Another strange substitution.

Great to be back winning. Mcelenay's dink over the keeper was a peach.

Finn harps were boxed off once the sending off happened. It could've been worse had they been reduced to nine men.

It's tough on Finn harps battling year in year out. I have a lot of time for Ollie Horgan. As mad as he is, he's probably over achieving with this team over the years and is battling right to the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 am
Vinny Perth

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/235 ... 62577edb52
Vinny Perth name checks Andy Burton in this interview (from about 6:50mins)

"This club has been really supportive of me, lead by people like....... Andy Burton has been brilliant behind the scenes.."

That's the first time I have notice anyone in the club mention him

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Agree on Dummigan, he's unlucky in that Gannon is possibly having his best season for us, and Jarvis and Massey were already competing for the other side.

Bit like Doherty and Coleman at international level I'm not sure he'd work on the wing in front of Gannon, but seeing as he played defensive midfield at U21 international level it might have been good to see him play the Shields role in the Spring instead of putting Hoare in there.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:54 am
Cameron Dummigan was a real positive last night. How he hasn't gotten more of a run in the side as a winger or even as a left full, is strange.

I didn't feel it necessary to substitute George either. Another strange substitution.

Great to be back winning. Mcelenay's dink over the keeper was a peach.

Finn harps were boxed off once the sending off happened. It could've been worse had they been reduced to nine men.

It's tough on Finn harps battling year in year out. I have a lot of time for Ollie Horgan. As mad as he is, he's probably over achieving with this team over the years and is battling right to the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
The substitutions need to be seen in the context of the upcoming fixtures, rather than performances last night. Both of next weeks fixtures are subject to ETP with another league game on Monday week. Wholesale cup changes have - in previous seasons - been our downfall, or left us struggling for the win. I wasn't concerned by the team selection last night, how would we have felt about 6 changes a year or two ago? A full 90 minutes for Dummigan and Murray was a real plus, along with Fats rediscovering his Mojo. Benson is back training, Jarvis will probably appear in a squad next week, making us even stronger. Our team selections used to be highly predictable, making analysis by the opposition quite easy. Not anymore. Chris Shields apart, we really have 2 players for every position. It's important to note that, while we have one game in hand on Rovers, we are actually 3 adrift of the schedule, and a win on Monday will mean the game at home to Rovers will be postponed. They play Waterford this Monday, so it's likely the gap will be down to 4 points, albeit with 2 games in hand. We will need everybody for every minute of every game, and that's before you consider injuries and the inevitable suspension. Anyone know how many yellows Chris Shields has?

The other important factor in substitutions is Statsports and GPS tracking. One of the backroom team is monitoring the players in real time and can highlight if someone is starting to flag.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:20 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:00 pm

The other important factor in substitutions is Statsports and GPS tracking. One of the backroom team is monitoring the players in real time and can highlight if someone is starting to flag.
Fantastic insight there, thanks OF. Great to hear that the club is doing things like this.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Chris McNulty of Donegal SportsHub talking to Donegal native Georgie Kelly

http://www.donegalsporthub.com/georgie- ... _jRVncoh8Y