Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 pm

While it may not be absolutely essential, maybe a final specific thread for the Saturday's match is no harm

DFCTV video piece around the media promo day sets an appropriate tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQDjuyZONI

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Declan Devine "Dundalk are huge favourites for cup final"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/49681037
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:36 am

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Declan Devine:

“We have scored six goals in three games against Dundalk but ultimately we haven’t won a game yet."

“We are trying to close the gap — over the games themselves we have been close but over the course of the season we haven’t, as they are so far ahead of us in the league."

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/45 ... ports-cup/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Kind of nervous about this one. Of all the teams I think have the players to trip us up it's Derry if they get a head of steam up.

Funnily enough right now I want us to win this trophy more than the FAI Cup, which makes no sense admittedly.

Considering that the man hasn't gotten a fraction of the credit he deserves for this season - especially considering the injuries that have dogged the whole campaign - I'm desperate for Perth to get the silverware tomorrow.

gavinmclaughlin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gavinmclaughlin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:58 am

A couple of preview pieces for the trip to Derry.

Vinny Perth on treble talk.

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-perth-under ... 8124be4f82

Daniel Cleary on POTM award and Ireland hopes.

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-ambitious-c ... 0f17c4a39c

For those who can't make it, I'll be joining Adrian Taaffe for live commentary on the LMFM website. Link below.
www.lmfm.ie/dundalklive/

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 am

Team news

Sean Murray is back in contention having trained with the squad the last couple of days and Daniel Kelly will face a late fitness test after picking up a knock on Monday evening. Other than that Vinny Perth has a fully fit squad to choose from.
https://www.dundalkfc.com/ea-sports-cup ... am-news-2/

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 am

I expect that the Bluebell Bar near the stadium will be jammers pre-match. Any suggestions for alternative places to watch the All-Ireland replay on tv?

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 pm

El Paso wrote:Kind of nervous about this one. Of all the teams I think have the players to trip us up it's Derry if they get a head of steam up.

Funnily enough right now I want us to win this trophy more than the FAI Cup, which makes no sense admittedly.

Considering that the man hasn't gotten a fraction of the credit he deserves for this season - especially considering the injuries that have dogged the whole campaign - I'm desperate for Perth to get the silverware tomorrow.
It would be well deserved for him to get that first trophy. He's had great players at his disposal and has managed them very well considering the quantity and order of fixtures.

I would not be suprised if this went to extra time. 2-2 maybe with penos?!?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Peter Cherrie delighted Derry City versus Dundalk is first Brandywell sell-out since PSG clash
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... -1-9069643

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Dundalk will wear their Temple St Children's Hospital kit for the final this evening.

Ciaran Callan gives some background on the charity initiative with deserved plaudits for people like Dave Minto at CX, Ger Cunnighnham at Fyffes Stevie McMullan at Coffeetime along with the players, management and owners

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/n...-final/id-2995

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:01 pm

McCarey in goals. Nice sentiment but it's the first leg of a potential treble and first chance of silverware for Vinny. I personally would have Rogers in goals.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Was about to post how I agree with you and he gifts them one inside two minutes. Balls.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Horrible first ten minutes but mostly dominated after that. Glad to be going in level because in truth we should have scored a couple before the equaliser. Beautiful finish, just as I was cursing him for his muck set pieces!! Still don’t trust McCarey not to throw one in.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Wonder who told Vinny he had to pick McCarey!!