New Beginning For All Good Football People.

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

New Beginning For All Good Football People.

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm

With the inevitable clear out of The FAI , Head Honcho & Cronnies , it is a great opportunity for a new beginning.
I think Peak 6 might have some role to play here , & with there expertise & experience get involved with a new body.
I think the FAI are finished. A new body will have to show the way forward , under A New Name. There is a lot of talented players coming through & they deserve a chance ,
to play the beautiful game. In the wake of the present debacle it is an opportunity for the “ Pheonix to rise , out of the Ashes”. It’s all about football . 👍🏻

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: New Beginning For All Good Football People.

Post by El Paso » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:35 pm

A new football association. An Irish football association. Has a ring to it!

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:52 pm

On the ball , there . El Paso . Interesting times ahead .

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:57 pm

I agree 100% with your sentiment that a new body will have to show the way forward. But who in their right mind would attempt to run an outfit with liabilities of 55 million? And given that the FAI is infected with corruption and self serving dishonesty the liabilities are probably even higher. Peak 6 should have absolutely nothing to do the FAI or its successors. Even Deloitte want no further dealings with them. And don't forget that they are under Garda investigation.
What puzzles and even enrages me is the fact that the average fan on the terraces knew something amiss was going on. There's even songs about it!
The Back of the Wall

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 pm

I wonder if Stephen Kenny will regret dropping us so quickly to take up his new role if the funding is cut to the U21s?

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 pm

I know where you are coming from Wexford White . A new body will have to lead the way , it’s time for leadership.
People that care about football , have to step in . I know Niall Quinn was mentioned , Stephen Kenny , would there be a role for Mick Mc Carthy , Brian Kerr . Somebody has to take the reins.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:31 am

Wexford White wrote:I agree 100% with your sentiment that a new body will have to show the way forward. But who in their right mind would attempt to run an outfit with liabilities of 55 million? And given that the FAI is infected with corruption and self serving dishonesty the liabilities are probably even higher. Peak 6 should have absolutely nothing to do the FAI or its successors. Even Deloitte want no further dealings with them. And don't forget that they are under Garda investigation.
What puzzles and even enrages me is the fact that the average fan on the terraces knew something amiss was going on. There's even songs about it!
Oh they knew Wexford white. Even Deloitte knew and did buck all about it back in 2017. They are as corrupt as they FAI and the likes of auditor companies like themselves and KPMG have been called to task over corruption in the UK.

It's really upsetting and truly disgusting. This culture in Irish politics and governance is disgusting. We were a hairlength away from being an insolvent nation in 2010, when teachers, nurses, doctors etc, nobody would be paid. Everything would've gone to zero and there would have been riots, Caracas style. But where do those in power go? Off into the sunset, with a rounding endorsement of massive expensive pensions. The most galling of all of this, is these scum bags attempt to come back into public life again a decade later (Bertie, cowen, Quinn). These scum bags are playing with ordinary people's lives.

One of the most hilarious thing about it all was RTE (another bottomless pit of wasted money) interviewing Bernard O'Byrne on the 6 o'clock news for his "insight" into where it all went wrong. Another one that involved in "financial irregularities" many decades ago..... But here we are again.

Maxi should've burnt the place to a crisp. But fair play to Mark Tighe for bringing it all to a head. Too late though. Football on this country it's set back decades. Utterly depressing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Have we been paid the 110k for winning the league yet?
Will the FAI be in a position to pay match officials next season?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 pm
TheUEFA payments also come through the FAI -
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am

This is Ireland. The outgoing board of the FAI will be replaced by a bunch of equally incompetent cronies. Like the banks, charities, FAS and everything else.

Parish pump politics is alive and well. Irish people still vote for the guy that gets the pothole fixed outside their house.

Nobody really thinks anything will change? Or that outspoken people like Brian Kerr will have any meaningful role to play?

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:24 pm

You’re bang on. Delaney bought his loyalty, and none of those guys in clubs and leagues you’ve never heard of are going anywhere.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:25 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am
This is Ireland. The outgoing board of the FAI will be replaced by a bunch of equally incompetent cronies. Like the banks, charities, FAS and everything else.

The minute Conway announced he was stepping down the FAI pointed out that in order to put yourself forward for president you had to have served a minimum of 2 years on the FAI Council, not necessarily recent or consecutive. Basically, only those with a trough shaped nose or "Delaney is God" tramp stamp need apply.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Lads nothing will change in the FAI as long as the current councils etc. are in place. They are all one click, lining each others pockets and protecting their own backsides. Needs to disband and be reformed with a new structure etc. in place.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Ahem
I’m getting worried. We really mightn’t have a league next season

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:02 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:16 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Ahem
I’m getting worried. We really mightn’t have a league next season
I don't think you should be worried. Come what may I do believe we will have a League of Ireland. Shane Ross has stated that money will be available for the grassroots and I feel sure that will apply to the LOI. Why, oh why did the league climb into bed with the FAI? At the time I remember a lot of dissenting voices.
KOSI have stated that the FAI should not be allowed public funds. Criminal proceedings are likely to follow.
The Back of the Wall