Ruaidhrí Higgins

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Ruaidhrí Higgins

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:30 pm

it looks like Ruaidhrí Higgins may be going
James Rogers
@jamesdundalk
Led to believe new Republic of Ireland boss Stephen Kenny has raided his old club Dundalk to add to his backroom team with Ruaidhrí Higgins set to join him in the senior setup
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 3272582147
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Ruaidhrí Higgins

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Daniel McDonnell appears to be confirming James Rogers' story
Daniel McDonnell
@McDonnellDan
As per @jamesdundalk tweet earlier, Dundalk assistant Ruaidhri Higgins lined up for role in Stephen Kenny's backroom team. Dundalk entitled to seek compensation - and expect they will. Higgins was opposition analyst when Kenny was Dundalk manager.
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status ... 5903455232
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Can we get Stephen O'Donnell back?

Or perhaps an opportunity for Brian Gartland?

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Anybody else getting pissed off with the FAI raiding
our management team? Call
Me selfish but I don’t give a hoot about the national team and little good will come of this for us. Yes we’ll replace him but it causes upheaval for the squad and setup no doubt.
It’s easy for them to just click their fingers and take one of our staff. Just another slap in the face for us.

Ps I can’t wait for the ‘compensation’ we’ll be due... who wants to bet SK/FAI will worm their way out of it or we’ll get a token 5k

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:42 pm

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:01 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 pm
our management team?
Stephen Kenny did it.

I too would like to see Gartland get a back room job at the club but seeing as he’s trying to get a business going it doesn’t seem likely.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:45 am

El Paso wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:01 am
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 pm
our management team?
Stephen Kenny did it.

I too would like to see Gartland get a back room job at the club but seeing as he’s trying to get a business going it doesn’t seem likely.
I know he did and he works for the FAI now, my point still stands.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Well I’m a bit pissed off about it too, but I suppose I still draw a distinction between the FAI as an organisation and Kenny as an individual.

Still, it’s a reminder of the true nature of football any time we’re tempted to get invested in individual players or managers.

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Has Higgins said he wants to go or that he is interested in the gig??? The lad might have a little cop on and realise that he is better at Oriel with club owners and officials in place with a long term plan and money to realise it. The FAI on the other hand....will they exist at the end of corona or in 6 months if they cannot play any games and have no income???

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 pm

To be fair, Ruaidhri Higgins has attracted plenty of interest from other clubs in his short spell on the backroom staff at Dundalk - he turned down approaches from both Coleraine and Derry.

While there is no confirmation of him taking the FAI role, the fact that the story has broken indicates that he probably is on his way

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pepsi » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:32 am

Or some journalists have nothing else to write about at the moment....?? Maybe a tip from another club as an attempt to disrupt things at Oriel.....many reasons to put into a room, but until the FAI, Higgins or the club come out it is all ifs and maybes.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Well I’m a bit pissed off about it too, but I suppose I still draw a distinction between the FAI as an organisation and Kenny as an individual.

Still, it’s a reminder of the true nature of football any time we’re tempted to get invested in individual players or managers.
It was easy for the FAI to shaft us when it suited them. It was easy for them to take our most successful manager and then attempt not to pay any compo. Now it’s easy for SK to take our no. 2 and disrupt our season. Dundalk FC can’t stand in Higgin’s way but it doesn’t mean we have to like it .

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:32 am
Or some journalists have nothing else to write about at the moment....?? Maybe a tip from another club as an attempt to disrupt things at Oriel.....many reasons to put into a room, but until the FAI, Higgins or the club come out it is all ifs and maybes.
This was originally reported on Saturday.

Over 48 hours later, the absence of a denial or clarification from Ruairdhri Higgins or the club speaks volumes.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:29 pm

Stephen Kenny had a get out clause in his contract, Higgins may not. Additionally, any negotiations would be a bit more protracted given the current circumstances.

Its common practice for journalists to have someone on the inside to give them scoops. Someone may have jumped the gun in leaking the information, especially if the club want to find a replacement before they agree to him leaving. Shane Keegan is the current opposition analyst, although I'm not sure where he is based. If Vinnie is near his Pro Licence, the club might stick with him and John Gill.

Les's Fridge
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Les's Fridge » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 pm

Not exactly sure what Higgins has brought to the table to be fair - Gill and Perth seem to be doing nicely as is and if Shane Keegan is now the "new Stephen O'Donnell" then surely that is enough back-up required!?........best of luck to Higgins, getting paid handsomely by the FAI I am sure too.