New DFC Book - ‘In Black And White’

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

New DFC Book - ‘In Black And White’

Post by DanielSexton » Thu May 07, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to announce a new book about the club that I authored and self-published on Amazon.

It’s called ‘In Black And White’ and is available in paperback and kindle ebook. Postage from Amazon.co.uk is free.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0882HK9SG/ ... TEb1V4K23G

It’s the history of the club told through contemporary news reports going back to 1889. Hopefully people find it interesting.

Here’s an extract to give folk a flavour.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: New DFC Book - ‘In Black And White’

Post by Ezeikial » Thu May 07, 2020 8:25 pm

Best of luck with the book.

It's a marvelous achievement to author and publish it
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue May 12, 2020 10:32 am

Excellent, will give it a buy.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue May 26, 2020 10:58 am

James Rogers piece from last week on 'In Black and White'
Daniel’s ‘labour of love’ results in stunning new book on Dundalk FC
http://jamesrogers.ie/category/news/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am

Amazing achievement! It'a a great read and indeed a reference work. What a fantastic library of Dundalk FC books we have over the past few years.

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DanielSexton » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi,

Just to let everyone know I’m promoting the book for the Christmas holiday season. It’s got a new cover and even more content. I know folk want to shop local, so I’m hoping to arrange something with one of the independent bookshops in town for if/when shops reopen, but nothing definite yet.

In the meantime it’s available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0882HK9SG/ ... NFbJKA78R0

The proceeds from the initial sales allowed me to sponsor Seán Murray for the Europa League campaign, so thank you anyone who has supported it.

Also, I have fan-merchandise on RedBubble and again any profits will be used to sponsor players. Maybe there’s a gift in there for the lilywhite in your life:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/TheOri ... v-dropdown

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Redbubble?!? My favourite t-shirt outlet. Flippin deadly. Thanks Daniel

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Robbiedundalk2
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:21 pm

A great read and definitely learned a lot about the club. I had heard the story about chucking the ref
in the Ramparts from decades ago but did not know if true or not. Will make a great Xmas present for fans

Fans just as passionate back in those early days and plenty that would be welcome in today’s Shed by the sound or it.

Would love if someone wrote a book on Dundalk fans particularly the Shed In its formative years. Stories from my youth that I don’t know if they are apocryphal or not that would love to get background on. Original shed heads around 60 now would be good to record the stories before it’s too late! What happened on the infamous trip to Finn Harps post the black and white Xmas ball. Who wrote De shed rules Oriel on the
Railway bridge - first time the “Shed” was written. Did the shed lads serenade Tommy Mc with his fav Elvis
song after his interview on local radio. Who was the last man standing in the shed at the Linfield game. Who wrote and photocopied the lyrics to the terrace chants post Celtic game so the lads could all learn them. What were the trips to Spurs and Liverpool like.
I was too young to go on many away trips but am sure there is loads more. If anyone can enlighten I would love to hear