The Dundalk FC programmes and stuff megathread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

The Dundalk FC programmes and stuff megathread

Post by seand » Wed May 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Those of you who know me will be aware of my dark secret.... I'm an anorak-wearing programme collector. With the lockdown and everything I'm getting around to sorting through several thousand programmes, books, tickets etc. I'll use this thread to offer some of my spare stuff, to beg for your spare stuff and to showcase some programmes etc for your entertainment. Even if you're not a memorabilia nerd there should be some interesting stuff here for the history buffs.

Let’s start at the beginning (sort of) and Dundalk’s first game in Europe. As league champions for the second time in 1963 Dundalk qualified for the European Cup. Our first tie was against FC Zurich. With no floodlights in Oriel the home leg was moved to Dalynount Park. This is the programme from the home leg, a 3-0 defeat. All the Dundalk home European programmes from the 60s are hard to find, but this is probably the most common of the five home games. (Tickets from all home games before the 90s are very hard to come by.... most spectators would have paid cash on the gate and few of the relatively small number of tickets for the stand were retained. If you have any tickets for any of Dundalk's home games from Wettingen, Ajax, Red Star or earlier let me know!)

And the away leg.... a famous 2-1 win, the first for an Irish club in the European Cup. Dundalk went 2-0 up and hit the bar, but it was not to be. The programme from the away leg is probably the rarest of all Dundalk's European programmes. Rarer than rocking horse poo.

Dundalk website on Dundalk v Zurich...........
https://www.dundalkfc.com/fifty-years-ago-today/
https://www.dundalkfc.com/history/dunda ... fc-zurich/

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: The Dundalk FC programmes and stuff megathread

Post by 0rl » Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 am

Have you a ticket for Dundalk FC vs Red Star Belgrade 1988 European Cup? I have a cash buyer lined up :-)

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri May 15, 2020 9:16 am

0rl wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 am
Have you a ticket for Dundalk FC vs Red Star Belgrade 1988 European Cup? I have a cash buyer lined up :-)
Ha, yes, our Serbian friend hasn't been on in a while! No, I'm missing that one myself... have one from Belgrade though!

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 am

I still have that Zenit away program for you Sean
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Sat May 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 am
I still have that Zenit away program for you Sean
No worries man, I got another one from another who was there!

Meanwhile, it's 27 years today since my first FAI Cup final with Dundalk.... not the best final ever, a fairly dismal game v Shels in 1993, and a 1-0 defeat.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Sun May 17, 2020 1:51 pm

Just some randomness.... love the chevron jersey
Image Image