2021 season General thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7857
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by mike » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:02 pm Press box podcast:

Gav working in a room with no WiFi up in the YDC. WiFi usually helpful for media officers.

The arrangement with Quay is temporary and may not continue when their teams return to train/play. Other local teams have refused requests from Dundalk to use their facilities.

Blown away by the next level that P6 have brought the club to.
Rock Celtic meant to have turned them down too, I wonder is DKIT an option given they were back of the shirt sponsors last few seasons. Worrying if true that its only a temp arrangement with Quay Celtic, where will they train for away games?

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by shep » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm

Rumour mill flowing that Filippo is gone!!

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by McNultys Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 pm

shep wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm Rumour mill flowing that Filippo is gone!!
Heard that from former member of club security personnel myself earlier!

Forza Filipo!
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by magarnagle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm

shep wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm Rumour mill flowing that Filippo is gone!!
Nice of him to give an interview on Garland's injury from Dublin Airport

User avatar
Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Peak11 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm

Gerry Malone says Keegan “denied speculation that Bill had any input into team selection last week.” Who speculated that?!

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by magarnagle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Peak11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm Gerry Malone says Keegan “denied speculation that Bill had any input into team selection last week.” Who speculated that?!
Probably Gerry I'd say, pay no attention to him

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 pm

magarnagle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm
shep wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm Rumour mill flowing that Filippo is gone!!
Nice of him to give an interview on Garland's injury from Dublin Airport
Who?!
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by magarnagle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 pm
magarnagle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm
shep wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm Rumour mill flowing that Filippo is gone!!
Nice of him to give an interview on Garland's injury from Dublin Airport
Who?!
Nothing gets past you Clouseau

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2971
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by colymull » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am

magarnagle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Peak11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm Gerry Malone says Keegan “denied speculation that Bill had any input into team selection last week.” Who speculated that?!
Probably Gerry I'd say, pay no attention to him
Yeah, it definitely sounds like Gery is trying to stoke a fire that went out a while ago.

User avatar
Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Peak11 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am

colymull wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
magarnagle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Peak11 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 pm Gerry Malone says Keegan “denied speculation that Bill had any input into team selection last week.” Who speculated that?!
Probably Gerry I'd say, pay no attention to him
Yeah, it definitely sounds like Gery is trying to stoke a fire that went out a while ago.
I asked someone who knows Gerry - I wasn't in the CBS! - and apparently Big Bill wanted both O'Kane and Han to start against Rovers and said it at the league owner's meeting. Seems to be an all out attack kind of guy!

Now to be fair that doesn't sound like input, it sounds like having an opinion on the team the way any of us would. All depends on whether or not Keegan/Filippo think the owner is expressing an opinion or giving them an instruction.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6976
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 am

Peak11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am
colymull wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
magarnagle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Probably Gerry I'd say, pay no attention to him
Yeah, it definitely sounds like Gery is trying to stoke a fire that went out a while ago.
I asked someone who knows Gerry - I wasn't in the CBS! - and apparently Big Bill wanted both O'Kane and Han to start against Rovers and said it at the league owner's meeting. Seems to be an all out attack kind of guy!

Now to be fair that doesn't sound like input, it sounds like having an opinion on the team the way any of us would. All depends on whether or not Keegan/Filippo think the owner is expressing an opinion or giving them an instruction.
It's all well and good us having an opinion in public. We can't influence or demand it. It's another matter entirely for the owners to publicly air this opinion. You don't hear the glaziers telling ole what players to play or roman telling Tuchel the starting 11.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2971
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by colymull » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 am

..
Last edited by colymull on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Peak11 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:33 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 am
Peak11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am
colymull wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Gery is trying to stoke a fire that went out a while ago.
I asked someone who knows Gerry - I wasn't in the CBS! - and apparently Big Bill wanted both O'Kane and Han to start against Rovers and said it at the league owner's meeting. Seems to be an all out attack kind of guy!

Now to be fair that doesn't sound like input, it sounds like having an opinion on the team the way any of us would. All depends on whether or not Keegan/Filippo think the owner is expressing an opinion or giving them an instruction.
It's all well and good us having an opinion in public. We can't influence or demand it. It's another matter entirely for the owners to publicly air this opinion. You don't hear the glaziers telling ole what players to play or roman telling Tuchel the starting 11.
Absolutely, but even the people he's been getting rid of say he's a chatty friendly old man so maybe he really was just saying "I'd love to see us start Han and O'Kane together". You'd tolerate that if it wasn't for everything else. Or maybe he said "I expect O'Kane and Han to start and have told the management team this" and that would be ridiculous.

User avatar
Peak11
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Peak11 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:15 am

13 matches. 3 wins, 4 draws, 6 defeats, 13 points, 11 goals for, 15 goals against, 31 players used (not counting the Rovers match that saw Gatt, Patching, Wynne, Quinn, Adedokun all play)

Post Reply