Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Ground Standards

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 pm

magarnagle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 pm
I would be interested to hear other peoples interpretation of what Mark Devlin said

His call for patience and suggesting that small steps will be made do not indicate any real intent to improve the facilities in any meaningful way or to increase the capacity of the ground
“I think given the owners come from North America they understand the importance of good facilities. There are exciting times ahead, we’ll make the small steps, hopefully as quickly as possible and all I would ask is a degree of patience as we put the plan in place for more major improvements at Oriel said Devlin, who praised the dedication and levels of investment put into the clubs on-field budget by the owners since their arrival at the club.
https://www.betweenthestripes.ie/blog/2 ... l-upgrades
Have you intentionally missed the rest of the sentence where he mentions putting together plans for more major improvements? That might indicate intent.
No.

It's not a question of including or excluding parts of what he said. I thought he used loads of positive language (as any professional communicator will) but I did not get the sense that there was anything of substance likely in the near future regarding ground improvements

The current owners are in place for about 18 months and we are still in the dark about any real aspirations on ground improvement, Maybe this is because they don't have any. Ditto as regards the previous owners despite repeated talk of consultant reports and feasibility studies

I recognise that others may have got a different interpretation and sought other peoples impressions. I still do!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by punkha » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 am

Having just listened to the interview I'd have to agree with Ezeikial, i thought he said a lot without really saying anything.
Tbh I'm not surprised as I cant see the owners doing any major improvements apart from the smaller stuff like new toilets etc apart from the very very long shot that we somehow make the Champions League group stages.
People thinking of new grounds/stands is imo unfortunately pie in the sky...the costs involved are simply too high for owners ultimately just in it to make a profit.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 am

Very similar sort of chat as Mal Brannigan. Didnt know Mark Devlin spent time at Watford also!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Caoimhin Reilly's take on the Between the Stripes interview with Mark Devlin

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/nat ... adium.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.