Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by tip on » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm The Casey family have brilliant to Dundalk Football club no question its a pity they would not consider selling it and we could develop oriel into a wonderful stadium, oriel park has massive potential.
They are right to hold onto it. The stadium has serious value for residential development and as long as the family own it then it will remain a football stadium

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fwats » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 am

magarnagle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:27 pm
Fwats wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:15 pm
magarnagle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 pm

Business?
I’m sure the couple of pubs and the chippy would love it. Everyone else living there would be raging and rightfully so.
You think that the stadium would be in the middle of the village? Also as said above a new build on a green field site would likely have ample parking
Nothing nowadays should be built in the middle of nowhere (by that I mean with no public transport links) where everyone getting there would need to drive. It's an awful idea imo for loads of reasons.

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 am

Splitting the costs with Drogheda and Louth coco might seem ideal, but in the long run (20-30)years it may actually be the death of the club as numbers won't travel to Dunleer and it would become harder to recruit new fans. I think our numbers would take a hit even if a new greenfield site was out towards Haggardstown/Dromiskin.
I think where louth Gaa are building was a prime spot for us. Only other places for a new stadium I could think of would be if we could get our hands on Carroll Village or land opposite The dog track.
Anyway it's all a pipedream, I have been thinking of this the last 20 years and I'd say il still be thinking of it In another 20 and these stadium threads will still be going.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am

tip on wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 pm
Alrightourfella wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm The Casey family have brilliant to Dundalk Football club no question its a pity they would not consider selling it and we could develop oriel into a wonderful stadium, oriel park has massive potential.
They are right to hold onto it. The stadium has serious value for residential development and as long as the family own it then it will remain a football stadium
Grammar school got turned down to rezone hiney Park to residential last week.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:09 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am
tip on wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:43 pm
Grammar school got turned down to rezone hiney Park to residential last week.
You can be sure the Grammar will appeal it, however it should give the club a chance to make them an offer and use the pitches as a training facility. I feel Conor Hoey more or less confirmed what I said some weeks ago here, I feel Peak6 will have Dundalk based at Oriel, by that I mean training and academy. As Americans they are liable to take home games to any ground in Ireland if they see it as a benifit to the finances of the club. Personally, I would be up for Dunleer (if they could get shuttle bus systems running, like clubs all over Europe) if it meant the idea of using the Aviva or a similar facility were put to bed.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:06 am

Irish rail could reopen dunleer train station too. There was a campaign for it at one stage.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:08 pm

Yea, train service in general has been neglected in Ireland. The Western parts from Donegal, Mayo has no service.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 am

Dundalk FC chairman Bill Hulsizer has hit back at his critics, declaring that everyone involved with the club is doing the “very, very best they can do”.

In a revealing interview from Florida, the father of club owner Matt Hulsizer said he wasn’t aware of any petitions or protests taking place as he doesn’t read newspapers or go on social media.

When informed about banners erected on perimeter fencing at recent home games he said: “Everybody is entitled to an opinion and if they think it is being run like a circus well let them stand up and say give me the chance to run it and I’ll show you how to run it.

I don’t care what people say. We just have to do whatever we think is right and move on. If somebody feels they can do a better job then step up, put your money on the table and run it. It’s really that simple to me.
“Anybody who buys a ticket and sits in the stand has a right to cheer or boo. That ticket gives them the right. The fact that they’ve put up a banner isn’t going to effect any decision that I make or Jim (Magilton) makes.

“In the end we have to do what we feel is best for the club.”

The 78-year-old admitted that mistakes had been made this year, including letting one unnamed player leave the club and only playing three pre-season friendlies.

“Do I think the players are bad or that we chose the wrong players? No. Do I think we should have kept some players that we let go last year? Yeah, there’s one that I think we should have kept but I’m not going to tell you who that is.

“All the rest? I don’t think we have a worse team. We have a worse record. Do I think we’ve made bad decisions this year? Yeah. How many friendlies did we play? Three if you count the President’s Cup. How many did Shamrock Rovers play? Nine. QED.”

Dundalk’s poor start to the season prompted both Shane Keegan and Filippo Giovagnoli to resign but Hulsizer says the club will now take its time over appointing a successor.

“We’re not desperate and we don’t have to make a decision about that tomorrow.

“At this point Jim hasn’t presented me with one candidate but I wouldn’t have expected him to.

“He will present a short list and I’m not going to tell him who to hire. I’ll tell him who he can’t.

“If I had a choice I might say Mourinho, but that’s not going to happen,” he joked.

Hulsizer also revealed that Dundalk expect to make a profit from the 2020 campaign and said that this year’s budget is no bigger than last season's.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am

Forgive my ignorance, but if the GAA are building in another part of town what are the plans for Dowdallshill?
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:02 pm

Wexford White wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am Forgive my ignorance, but if the GAA are building in another part of town what are the plans for Dowdallshill?
The dowdalshill gaa club would still require their facilities
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:50 pm

No sweat , Bill. It was just a few kids that got hold of a ladder , that can’t spell.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:29 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:50 pm No sweat , Bill. It was just a few kids that got hold of a ladder , that can’t spell.
Can't spell but manage to understand the workings of flares
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 pm

Ther you go bill doesn't care what people say ? the man hasn't a clue Dundalk FC is just a hobby that his son presented to him with to keep him busy when bill kicks the bucket the plug will be pulled.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:30 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 pm Ther you go bill doesn't care what people say ? the man hasn't a clue Dundalk FC is just a hobby that his son presented to him with to keep him busy when bill kicks the bucket the plug will be pulled.
Why should he care? Yes he's an arrogant man but when you have all the money he and his family and business have, then you can get to be as arrogant as you want. Doesn't mean it is a nice trait. Anyway, I have no issue with what he said. He's 100% correct. Your admission money gives you the right to cheer or boo or applaud or complain. But unless you have the money to make things change, then you have to suck it up and accept it is their way or the highway. Same with the glaziers at United. They are on record as being more than willing to sell. Talk is cheap but buying United most certainly isn't. They paid €700m but will only sell for €4 billion. Not a bad auld profit. Wonder what Bill is looking for? But it will take a lot of bag packs to oust him. Of that there is no mistake. Wonder who the player we sold is a mistake?

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:53 pm

He should take his money and piss off Dundalk FC will go on the 1.5 million they paid to buy the club is nothing to them he has a terrible attitude and by the way he's not a self-made man his son is he hasn't a clue about the game or recruitment typical American owners....