Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:18 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 am Worth reading over the first 2/3 pages of this thread.

Almost 4 years on and the fears of many are about to be realised if James Rogers is on the money.

Dundalk FC II .
Just read your posts. On. The. Money.

But your recent posts seem to be supporting what’s happening now blaming supporters or players so I’m a bit confused.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:18 pm
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 am Worth reading over the first 2/3 pages of this thread.

Almost 4 years on and the fears of many are about to be realised if James Rogers is on the money.

Dundalk FC II .

But your recent posts seem to be supporting what’s happening now blaming supporters or players so I’m a bit confused.
I am confused. Didn't welcome the takeover, but now i see no other show in town - I don't see us attracting new investors & supporters can't sustain the club in the premier division.

But if they've already decided to go then so be it, its over.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:46 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 am Yes and look at the level of disillusionment from long time supporters of UK clubs with foreign owners, who come in, try to change everything from the name of the club to the colour of the jerseys, who sack managers after 5 games, sign players without consultation of the manager etc. etc.
Mystic Meg stuff here....!

How long into the season when Perth was sacked? 7 league games or so?

How many players were signed without consultation of the manager?

Dogan, Gatt, Oduwa but to name a few?

Changing everything such as were we play our home games (Aviva)

Crazy when you read back on the start of the thread how spot on some fans were.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:19 pm

How many players were signed under the ownership of Peak 6 that improved the team? Cameron Dummigan was a good signing, McMillan resigned last July
But the list of signings that didn't work out stands out more
Karolis Chvedukas
Marco Tagbajumi
Sam Byrne
Alessio Abbibi
Nathan Oduwa
Stefan Colovic
Josh Gatt

A few more of the current signings could be probaly be there. Sonni Nattestad on big wages. Wilfied Zahibo highest earner at the club but has been ordinary.

They are wealthy owners but weren't astute at signing players, through poor agents advice also.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Dundalk FC II .

I am confused. Didn't welcome the takeover, but now i see no other show in town - I don't see us attracting new investors & supporters can't sustain the club in the premier division.

Well unlike Wigan or Bolton or someone we have been at the top and it doesn’t take much money to be at the top, just competence. We have been in the Europa League twice. Just cos these owners messed it up, there’s a chance we made enough of a name for ourselves for someone who knows what they’re doing to give it a shot. Someone who literally knows one manager working in the game for a start.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Wonder was getting knocked back on the Aviva the moment Matty gave up on it? Or was it when all the local people who’ve been pushed out since said no to the Celtic friendly?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 pm
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Well unlike Wigan or Bolton or someone we have been at the top and it doesn’t take much money to be at the top, just competence. We have been in the Europa League twice. Just cos these owners messed it up, there’s a chance we made enough of a name for ourselves for someone who knows what they’re doing to give it a shot. Someone who literally knows one manager working in the game for a start.
It doesn't take much money to be at the top? Are you serious? I sincerely hope you are not in a prominent role within the new supporters club if you think that. Cos if you are, then we are dead in the water.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm

You could ask what I meant by ‘much money’ instead of going on the attack. Do you think I meant what’s in the piggy bank and a couple of scratch cards? I’m not talking about a Finn harps budget. You need the best or close to the best budget in the league, you don’t need 4 million euro per year if the reported amounts for this year are true. Or to put it another way, the teams that qualify for Europe every year should always have enough money to compete for the title, because they automatically have more money than the rest.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:30 pm

The disgruntled, ex employees, forum .

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Even if I was a disgruntled ex employee so what? Does that mean the owner’s didn’t burn all the club’s money? That we do have a manager? That they’re not trying to get out now? That a club that was in the group stage of the Europa League six months ago is not now in debt? Thatnthe club isn’t renting a bunch of houses for players we should never have signed? That they did improve a blade of fake grass at Oriel? That Filippo had a pro licence and Uefa never fined us? And all the other things that we know for a fact and not cos of ‘leaks’ and in the knows and shit stirrers that some people here keep clinging to? This is what I’m talking about. These things have happened and are happening. Are you still pretending they’re not happening? That there’s some strategy going on or there’s another side to all this? Like, why bury your head in the sand hoping it will all go away? It isn’t. It’s happening to a club you all say you care about. I suppose this is how the church got away with it.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm

Wrong thread.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:31 pm

Mike Treacy just tweeted 'FFP FC'

A lot of fans think things only started going wrong when Bill came in. I'm pretty sure looking at what's been reported and hinted at that it started going wrong a lot earlier even though the 2019 trophies were masking it.

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Does he mean Financial fairplay. This dawned on me yesterday, if we have a budget of 4 million , we are surely breaking Fairplay rules

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm

Mate.

He means First For Players.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:53 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm Mate.

He means First For Players.
Absolutely. Liam Carroll is absolute vermin. Hawking all kinds of shite to Bill and the Club just to get his cut and line his pockets.

Needs a bullet to the head or the very least a good hiding. Bottom feeding vulture.

A parasite.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.