Official Takeover Thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Official Takeover Thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:27 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:53 pm He should take his money and piss off Dundalk FC will go on the 1.5 million they paid to buy the club is nothing to them he has a terrible attitude and by the way he's not a self-made man his son is he hasn't a clue about the game or recruitment typical American owners....
Have you the money to buy them out? I don't see many people queuing up to buy us anytime soon, do you? We aren't man United where people will gladly pay the going sum for us. It's simply not a good business model for them to have us not at the top of league and competing in Europe successfully every season. Likes of united etc will always have suitors with financial clout willing to buy them at the drop of a hat. We won't, unless we have successful seasons in Europe. So it makes no sense to think we are only a play thing for the owners father.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:53 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:53 pm He should take his money and piss off Dundalk FC will go on the 1.5 million they paid to buy the club is nothing to them he has a terrible attitude and by the way he's not a self-made man his son is he hasn't a clue about the game or recruitment typical American owners....
2 things wrong with that .....
1. It is not Bills money, it is the money of his sons company and a group of investors. He is only managing it for them ......
2. He clearly stated if you could do it better get in touch and pay them off. I suspect that is where it would be a problem for you, as for 99% of us in here.

The thing Bill is basically doing is what all good business people do, and it is the reason most are successful, he is sticking to the plan and is not allowing half witts nor emotions take him off his path. Any successful self employed person will tell you, it is key to being successful. He admits mistakes were made, he admits they got it wrong with one player, he admits preseason was a disaster ........ if he learns from that we will be in a better place next year.

If you wish to do it better ...... off to the credit union, ask for a loan and give a try.

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Listen just because he has money doesn't mean you can say and do what he likes, people are afraid to upset peak6 incase they pull the plug remember a lot of good people have walked away from Dundalk or have been sacked and handing out 12mt deals etc was a crazy move they have made a lot of mistakes for business who think they know it all that's why Dundalk FC are they only football ther involved in...Gone from Roma Gone from Bournemouth ran out the door...

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm Listen just because he has money doesn't mean you can say and do what he likes, people are afraid to upset peak6 incase they pull the plug remember a lot of good people have walked away from Dundalk or have been sacked and handing out 12mt deals etc was a crazy move they have made a lot of mistakes for business who think they know it all that's why Dundalk FC are they only football ther involved in...Gone from Roma Gone from Bournemouth ran out the door...
  • Why would we want to upset Peak6?? Not everyone feels represented by the lads in The Shed, in fact I have heard the word embarrassment, when you read their banners and open letter.
  • Tell me this .... who is picking up the bill at the end of every month, does that not entitle them to make decisions they feel right for the money they are spending???
  • Traditionally, up to Paul and Andy, very few walked away from Dundalk FC without leaving a trail of disaster. Gerry Matthews is seem by many as being a great man, let the truth be known, he left the club with debts like few before him. Had the council called them in, Andy and Paul would have had a decision to make.
  • 12 month contracts, again who is paying the wages, easy to say they should be giving more if you dont have to pay the bill??? As I have been told by a reliable source, they are 12 month contracts where the club have an option of a further 12. That means in simple terms....24 month contracts. You going to tell me the 2 internationals they took in are not as good as if not better than who left???
  • I would say one person who walked away from Dundalk will be missed, if it was my company I would have fought tooth and nail to keep him, others were replaceable and in most cases have been. I say that knowing 3 of them personally and having experienced them in action in and outside Oriel. Anyway if they were as good as you feel they were, surely they are back in work within the LOI or a local company.
Peak6 have made mistakes that is human and goes with life, it is also part of change management, you must be perfect, however you should not forget the role certain employees played in feeding the press what they wanted to hear and what really happened. Fans tend to believe everything on twitter, Vinny still talks to them, Giller hasnt a bad word ....... but you know better. Only ones who are still crying about it are the ones who have realised they have no way back or who now realise their egos have taken a knock.
Members of the investor group are involved in 2 other clubs, it is now up to you to find out which. Peak6 left Bournemouth when the majority shareholder decided he wanted to take the business in a different direction and possibly sell. They didnt make a loss on the deal, they made a very healthy profit, the aim of every investment firm. Roma deal I am not sure what went on ....... but you can be sure they had a reason for selling. I seem to remember they wanted to buy into a French club around the time of selling up, was close but failed at the last minute, were they freeing capital or ensuring they would meet UEFA creteria on multiple ownership??

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm

They could go at end of season, or be there for a few years. Magilton was brought in on a 4 year deal as the Director of Football. That seemed like a move to have planning for a few years. With the new Conference league it will be harder to qualify for Europa League group stages. Maybe with the signing of a few International players. Zahibo, Jurkovskis, Nattestad, that might give them some x factor in Europe.

It's European success where they are relying to make money, though the money for the Conference league would be moderate to the El

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:10 pm

Richie87 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm They could go at end of season, or be there for a few years. Magilton was brought in on a 4 year deal as the Director of Football. That seemed like a move to have planning for a few years. With the new Conference league it will be harder to qualify for Europa League group stages. Maybe with the signing of a few International players. Zahibo, Jurkovskis, Nattestad, that might give them some x factor in Europe.

It's European success where they are relying to make money, though the money for the Conference league would be moderate to the El
That is it, they could be gone tomorrow or still here in 10 years, however I doubt they will just walk away at the end of the season. They have a plan, will not pump money in for no reason etc. It is up to council, FAI, fans, local companies to get behind it and maybe with Peak6 the town could have a club to be very proud of, long term a ground worthy of the players on the pitch.... However, as always in Dundalk, a lot of people thrive on the negatives and expect the worst, never see the glass half full, instead it is always half empty.
Just listening to JM taking the piss out of Gerry Malone in recent interviews would say to me that he has signed a contract in the knowledge that they plan to hang around a little longer.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 am

The plan for the future of Dundalk FC. has to be a complete plan . That means the ground / facilities & team . Peak 6 & Jim Magilton are not schoolboys , they know what they have to do ,there is only one plan & that is with a long term view. So it’s onwards & upwards .

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 pm

I’m surprised Bill’s interview on the PressBox podcast is not getting much traction on here, after all the muck that’s been thrown at him over the past while.
He went on the record to say that he does not interfere with team selection. He said he certainly has made mistakes and will learn from them. He said JM is the boss and is running the club on the ground. He praised all staff in Oriel and said they’ve all stepped up over the past year.
Look I’m not saying everything he does is right and that we are in a good place at the moment but he seemed to give honest answers and Rogers said he didn’t dodge any questions. Hopefully a line can be drawn on every that has happened since Covid, we get a good manager and finish as a high as possible in the league .

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 pm I’m surprised Bill’s interview on the PressBox podcast is not getting much traction on here, after all the muck that’s been thrown at him over the past while.
He went on the record to say that he does not interfere with team selection. He said he certainly has made mistakes and will learn from them. He said JM is the boss and is running the club on the ground. He praised all staff in Oriel and said they’ve all stepped up over the past year.
Look I’m not saying everything he does is right and that we are in a good place at the moment but he seemed to give honest answers and Rogers said he didn’t dodge any questions. Hopefully a line can be drawn on every that has happened since Covid, we get a good manager and finish as a high as possible in the league .
Lads in here dont lilke it when they have nothing to complain about. He came across very well and in many ways showed that he has a passion for the club. He admitted he made mistakes which is human and wants to let KM run things. All in all positive and very little that the haters could pick from it.

On another note ..... JM sure has a way with Gerry Malone. Interviews are great, you would have to wonder is Jim taking the micky most of the time. Some banter between them both which is nice to see. Would love to see auld Bill do an interview with Gerry ..... sure it would be mad.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:58 pm

I listened to the interview and I think Bill comes across very well. He definitely has the interests of Dundalk and the league in general at heart. He was very open and honest about some mistakes made and I feel a lot better now about our prospects for the future.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Good man , Bill . Stick with the programme & we will be back on top , where we belong . “ Every little thing , is going to be alright “. We will be drinking pints in Aviva , before the year is out . Please God. 👍

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 pm I’m surprised Bill’s interview on the PressBox podcast is not getting much traction on here, after all the muck that’s been thrown at him over the past while.
I'm with you, he is far from perfect but it was an honest enough interview. Now he could be lying through his teeth. But one thing you can't deny is he's immersed in it, knows exactly what is going on which I think is positive.

To answer your question above, it's not being talked about because he came across quite well. A lot of people on here love to complain and are only happy when they are. Even in the Kenny era it was non stop

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:13 am

Fair play to both for the interview. I thought Rogers asked a lot of sticky questions when it would have been a lot easier not to and Bill to his credit didn't ignore any and did his best to answer. As for the mistakes, they are all pretty basic ones that I don't think any one of us on this forum world make. I wish I shared some of the confidence that the last few posters have that more won't be made. If mistakes of that magnitude were made in any other role in any other sector that wasn't gained through nepotism I'd be surprised if Bill was still employed.

We've started the season at a massive disadvantage because of these mistakes and we are lucky that the league seems to be very poor this season. We have a chance to close the gap and who knows but the appointment of the next manager could be Bills biggest decision at the club, another mistake and we could be in big trouble.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020