New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: New Manager

Post by Richie87 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 pm

But as a Director of football he could have been sussing potential managers when they lost to Bohemians and not after Keegan and Filippo left.
If still sorting applicants, it must be be a lot of names

But possible that it's Healy and they are waiting to get a few things cleared, Linfield would be entitled to compensation , he's contracted until 22.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Richie87 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 pm But as a Director of football he could have been sussing potential managers when they lost to Bohemians and not after Keegan and Filippo left.

But possible that it's Healy and they are waiting to get a few things cleared, Linfield would be entitled to compensation , he's contracted until 22.
That is exactly it, there are a lot of things which may be holding things up. At the end of the day we are only speculating ......... if I am not mistaken Linfield play in the cup final on the day we play the tramps from Tallaght. After that I assume we will know more if it is to be him.

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Think Gerry is way off i could be wrong just can't see Healy leaving Linfield although he would be a good appointment he runs the show up ther he won't get the same at Dundalk to many chief's, cup final that day if they get to it and champions league football on the summer we need to get someone in quickly..

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Tue May 04, 2021 11:26 pm

GC. wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm Hope its true, like I mentioned above. Unless we are getting a manager who has managed at a high level and in the Europa League, Healy is certainly one who ticks all the boxes.
However, Gerry Malone’s source has known to be wrong a few times this last few months.
I think the rumour started here and Gerry picked it up. It wouldn’t be the first time.
Good to see that the guys at the square who Gerry usually gets his info from are smoking a higher grade of showbiz sherbet than usual! Lol! On a serious note, we could do worse than Healy!.........in fact, we have done worse than Healy!

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Richie87 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:17 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 pm
Richie87 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 pm But as a Director of football he could have been sussing potential managers when they lost to Bohemians and not after Keegan and Filippo left.

That is exactly it, there are a lot of things which may be holding things up. At the end of the day we are only speculating ......... if I am not mistaken Linfield play in the cup final on the day we play the tramps from Tallaght. After that I assume we will know more if it is to be him.
I listened to the press box podcast a while ago. James Rogers said he didn't think there is anything in the Healy links, and that Linfield could be playing in a Cup final on the 29th ,so the 21st date wouldn't be accurate.

I remember Gerry Malone being confident Mick McDermott the Glentoran manager was taking over last year, and nothing came of it.

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by James09 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Dave Rogers just tweeted he's left FC Arizona.

Wonder has he been offered the Dundalk job?
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Wed May 05, 2021 2:39 pm

James09 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm Dave Rogers just tweeted he's left FC Arizona.

14 days in a Dublin hotel and then he could start with us ..... question is .... is he the choosen one??

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkChampions » Wed May 05, 2021 2:59 pm

James09 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm Dave Rogers just tweeted he's left FC Arizona.

If its Dave Rogers, expect plenty of fan backlash.

We need an experienced proven manager

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Wed May 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Coincidence?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DundalkChampions » Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 pm

DundalkChampions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Jim must be going all out for the 1st Division Title next year.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Wed May 05, 2021 3:42 pm

DundalkChampions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Your mate not telling you who the next manager will be???

Dave Rogers has coached at Liverpool, has managed in India, co trained their national team, managed in America, seems to have a love for the club and town and has his badges!! A lot more experience than Vinny or FG ..... Who would you like to see get it and who do you think is realisitically going to take it??

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Dave Rogers as we know was sacked by Dundalk, claimed that the club acted improperly and got a 10 grand settlement. I wouldn't be overly keen to see him return.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm Dave Rogers as we know was sacked by Dundalk, claimed that the club acted improperly and got a 10 grand settlement. I wouldn't be overly keen to see him return.
Neither would I to be honest, an underwhelming appointment

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Wed May 05, 2021 7:30 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm Dave Rogers as we know was sacked by Dundalk, claimed that the club acted improperly and got a 10 grand settlement. I wouldn't be overly keen to see him return.
When he was sacked employment laws were broken, if I recall correctly. Therefore he was entitled to compensation. Do you begrudge that he got a payment, or is it his qualifications and experience that you are not keen on?

I haven't been tracking him at all since he entered management. Although, I would picture him as being no nonsense, which is what the squad appears to need right now.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:51 pm

GC. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:30 pm
When he was sacked employment laws were broken, if I recall correctly. Therefore he was entitled to compensation. Do you begrudge that he got a payment, or is it his qualifications and experience that you are not keen on?

I haven't been tracking him at all since he entered management. Although, I would picture him as being no nonsense, which is what the squad appears to need right now.
It was gross misconduct.
Maybe due process wasn't given to him and in the eyes of the law he was entitled to something. Same way the law says any Tom dick or Harry can get whiplash compensation for the most minor accident...and we all get hit in the pocket every year for this.

His experience to date doesn't fill me with hope either. So both reasons really. You say he seems no nonsense but what he did at the time was complete nonsense..... He seems like one of the lads to me. But that's purely speculation