New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Quay

Re: New Manager

Post by Quayman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 pm

Ah here you should know by now that malone is picking names out of a hat every week. Every week his sources are telling him its a done deal with Tom, Dick or Harry!
Neale Fenn....SCUM

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: New Manager

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:58 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 pm Speaking of which the arsenal goal of the season was given as one of the goals against us at the aviva and the fans are in uproar because it was scored against potato farmers... And that was a direct quote.
If we are potato farmers with Peak6 money ..... what will we be without it?? The feast will turn into a famine. Somehow doubt the lads calling for another protest on Friday will be willing to pay more for their season tickets to improve budgets etc. when the big bad capitalists are gone.
You did well turning some posts about Arsenal's goal of the season in to a pro Peak6 post. Very impressive
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pepsi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:01 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:47 pm
Pepsi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:58 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 pm Speaking of which the arsenal goal of the season was given as one of the goals against us at the aviva and the fans are in uproar because it was scored against potato farmers... And that was a direct quote.
If we are potato farmers with Peak6 money ..... what will we be without it?? The feast will turn into a famine. Somehow doubt the lads calling for another protest on Friday will be willing to pay more for their season tickets to improve budgets etc. when the big bad capitalists are gone.
You did well turning some posts about Arsenal's goal of the season in to a pro Peak6 post. Very impressive
Nothing like a bit of spin!!!

But being serious about it ...... if Peak6 walk away it is going to resemble a famine. Will become very clear to many when it is too late. Some of the lads calling for Bills head (and indirectly for Peak6 to leave as both will most likely go hand in hand) will be crying when they realise there is no money to play quality players. When Pats, Bohs and co are outbidding Dundalk when it comes to signing players will be asking themselves what could have been.
Peak6 are not perfect, however what they bring to the party, is a pot of money. Would any of the young lads be protesting if we were first or second??? I doubt it very much .....

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: New Manager

Post by shep » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm

I think this is the part that most are missing. A lot of those protesting are in the younger bracket(in other words all they know is success) There will be feck all of them in support if we are back in division one,or operating on a similar budget level to Finn Harps. In an ideal world the previous ownership with local stakeholders would still be in place and we would have had a steadier ship. But I would much prefer to still have the backing of Peak 6,if lessons from last transfer window have been learned; than an alternative of starting from stratch offering part time players a few 100 quid a week. Because 10 quid a year supporters clubs are not going to pay the bills. I personally will always support the team regardless of how good or bad they are,as it’s my home town. But there wasn’t too many going to Cobh or Kilkenny or Limerick away in the 1st division days. The novelty of ousting Peak 6 won’t be long wearing off if we are struggling on the field with a part time team.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 am

I listened to the Press box podcast. They said no agreement yet with Dave Rogers on personal terms.
Maybe because of the length of contract or the owners future.
It said Vinny Perth wants to go back, but the players not keen on his return.

Not sure if Vinny Perth has applied for any other jobs since he left Dundalk?,but he probably should move on. Even to take a first Division team like John Caulfield at Galway, wouldn't be the end of the world

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by BigChief » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:26 am

I listened to Press box aswell. We are not going to have a new manager.

It is clear as day that PEAK6 will leave JM in charge to save paying an extra wage. James said he feels the club will entertain any interest for players also in the summer. To me it looks like PEAK6 are actively looking to Jump ship and will cut all budgets and costs until they sell us. James also mentioned he heard PEAK6 already tried to sell us to another US firm.

Big question now is the 1.7 Million owed to creditors. I Wonder do City Football Group fancy adding another club to the portfolio.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:46 am

Craig Colgan mentioned they might not leave the club in debt, incase it damages their reputation with other investments.. James Rogers thinks they could be more ruthless. JR view is probably more realistic,
But who knows.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm

This thing of slagging off the protesters is bizarre. They’re protesting because the club has been driven into the ground under these owners and every piece of news proves that to be true. Everything that’s going on and the only people worthy of your criticism are some young fans because they have no money and their writing skills aren’t up to scratch? Some of you sound like kidnap victims afraid the kidnappers will stop feeding you.

The day before Peak6 came in where were we? Were we broke or in the First Division? So if that’s where we end up that’s 100% the fault of one group and one group only - the owners.

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: New Manager

Post by shep » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm This thing of slagging off the protesters is bizarre. They’re protesting because the club has been driven into the ground under these owners and every piece of news proves that to be true. Everything that’s going on and the only people worthy of your criticism are some young fans because they have no money and their writing skills aren’t up to scratch? Some of you sound like kidnap victims afraid the kidnappers will stop feeding you.

The day before Peak6 came in where were we? Were we broke or in the First Division? So if that’s where we end up that’s 100% the fault of one group and one group only - the owners.
Or those who sold to the owners ????

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:59 pm

shep wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm This thing of slagging off the protesters is bizarre. They’re protesting because the club has been driven into the ground under these owners and every piece of news proves that to be true. Everything that’s going on and the only people worthy of your criticism are some young fans because they have no money and their writing skills aren’t up to scratch? Some of you sound like kidnap victims afraid the kidnappers will stop feeding you.

The day before Peak6 came in where were we? Were we broke or in the First Division? So if that’s where we end up that’s 100% the fault of one group and one group only - the owners.
Or those who sold to the owners ????
Yep. The club was in the best shape that it has ever been in its existence when they handed over the keys. But they gave the keys to a bunch of frat boys so can’t be surprised the gaff got trashed.

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: New Manager

Post by shep » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Yep and here we are! Sickening really. Just when we have a co-efficient to make a mark in Europe on a semi regular basis we have completely self imploded

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7904
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: New Manager

Post by mike » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm

So in a nutshell is this the scene, 3 years ago we had 3-4 Million in the bank, now we have 1.5M but owe around the same, and by the end of this year all will be gone and debt will be increased?

If so, what have we got out of P6 from of around mid 2017 was it ?

1/ Double in 2018 - would have achieved anyway as money in the bank.

2/ New Pitch 2018 - as above

3/ YDC kitted out - 500-700k - as above?

4/ Council paid off - as above

5/ Funded wages to retain 2019 league - as above

6/ Paid all bills from 2017 to now.

7/ Any other item on ground improvements I missed - green fencing to the side of the away end, and two new portaloos?

8/ Installed a footpath and put in tarmac behind open seating town end.

9/ New e-scoreboard was paid for and since removed by First Produce.

10/ Not as much as a single new seat installed

So what did we get from p6, other than they took on the bills and the club got too big for the 2 FF boys to run. They also can take or have done already the €3m prize money from 2020 EL group.

Anything else ?

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7148
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:03 pm

mike wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm So in a nutshell is this the scene, 3 years ago we had 3-4 Million in the bank, now we have 1.5M but owe around the same, and by the end of this year all will be gone and debt will be increased?

If so, what have we got out of P6 from of around mid 2017 was it ?

1/ Double in 2018 - would have achieved anyway as money in the bank.

2/ New Pitch 2018 - as above

3/ YDC kitted out - 500-700k - as above?

4/ Council paid off - as above

5/ Funded wages to retain 2019 league - as above

6/ Paid all bills from 2017 to now.

7/ Any other item on ground improvements I missed - green fencing to the side of the away end, and two new portaloos?

8/ Installed a footpath and put in tarmac behind open seating town end.

9/ New e-scoreboard was paid for and since removed by First Produce.

10/ Not as much as a single new seat installed

So what did we get from p6, other than they took on the bills and the club got too big for the 2 FF boys to run. They also can take or have done already the €3m prize money from 2020 EL group.

Anything else ?
If you are asking that, then what did previous owners give us Mike?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:44 pm

New pitch was 2017 under previous owners actually

Council and Gerry Matthews were also paid off by previous owners using 2016 money.

Does that answer you Niall?

And if the club owes Peak6 1.7 million then they didn’t ‘pay the bills’, the club did.

Here’s another question apart from what they spent buying the club, how much of their own money have they invested in the club? Not loaned - invested.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:47 pm

Apologies for derailing this thread but if it hasn’t dawned on folk there’s no new manager coming in under these owners then?…

Post Reply