New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Towelie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:38 pm Can the mods step in here?

Forums gone to the dogs. Absolute muck throughout.
If you mean me I’ll go away. I don’t mind.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 pm A lot of the stuff I’ve seen has been Bill out and not Peak6 out. Right down to tweeting Mike Treacey and saying they wanted him back. I don’t think personally that’s realistic but that was certainly the message I saw.
Come on bob you have to see the bigger picture. The only way Bill goes is if peak 6 leaves as well. It can't be one or the other.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm

To be fair bob i don't think that was aimed at you, more the poster who is spreading rubbish and lies about posters.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 pm A lot of the stuff I’ve seen has been Bill out and not Peak6 out. Right down to tweeting Mike Treacey and saying they wanted him back. I don’t think personally that’s realistic but that was certainly the message I saw.
Come on bob you have to see the bigger picture. The only way Bill goes is if peak 6 leaves as well. It can't be one or the other.
That’s what I meant when I said it’s not realistic. I would rather Peak6 stay and run the place properly. But they haven’t run it properly and now it looks like they’re not going to stay.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 pm

shep wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 pm I went on to the Supporters club zoom call and the tone was very much “peak 6 out “ and very pro protesting. There’s definitely an element of the protest who are enjoying being the centre of attention. I had hoped that Peak 6 would bring us to the next level,as did Paul and Andy you would like to think. Unfortunately they have made many terrible mistakes and the recruitment particularly this off season has been a disaster. I perhaps naively would rather we could get things right under Peak 6 than actively look to run them out of town?? Does that make me a bad fan?? I would have rathered the ownership never changed hands but that ship has sailed long ago.
No it doesn’t make you a bad fan Shep. I’m sure you’ll still be following Dundalk even if we’re bottom of the 1st Division. I did it in Utd Park and Gortakeggan 15 odd years ago. Unfortunately the people you describe in your post probably won’t be seen for dust when they get their wish.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm

In simple terms -
Do you think many lads in here would sack their elderly fathers (maybe grandfathers) if they had money to burn, from a position that he seems to enjoy in the twilight of his life??? It is much easier to sell up or walk away and tell the ould man that it wasnt working, costing too much, everyone was a bollox and thanks for what you done and now we are off to Monaco.
Calling for Bill to go, would mean his son having to sack him. Now imagine if Bill was told he was getting the sack and he took a turn ..... would it be worth 2-3 million if you have 200-300 million in your current account.

As for tweeting Mike Treacy .... a former Peak6 employee, telling him they want him back ....... that just about explains everything.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm

shep wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 pm I perhaps naively would rather we could get things right under Peak 6 than actively look to run them out of town?? Does that make me a bad fan??
Not at all I think the majority of fans want this. Have we gone past the point of no return now though?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 pm

Pepsi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm
In simple terms -
Do you think many lads in here would sack their elderly fathers (maybe grandfathers) if they had money to burn, from a position that he seems to enjoy in the twilight of his life??? It is much easier to sell up or walk away and tell the ould man that it wasnt working, costing too much, everyone was a bollox and thanks for what you done and now we are off to Monaco.
Calling for Bill to go, would mean his son having to sack him. Now imagine if Bill was told he was getting the sack and he took a turn ..... would it be worth 2-3 million if you have 200-300 million in your current account.

As for tweeting Mike Treacy .... a former Peak6 employee, telling him they want him back ....... that just about explains everything.
If he has money to burn like you claim, why the investigation? Why the talk of slashing budgets and fire sales?

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Ah lads keep it up....loving the discussions....

https://tenor.com/vzq5.gif
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Towelie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:05 pm

No you're grand Bob haha

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:05 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 pm
In simple terms -

If he has money to burn like you claim, why the investigation? Why the talk of slashing budgets and fire sales?
If you had money, would you accept others potentially stealing from you?? To add insult to it all, you are probably paying them good wages. Do you think it is OK that money was potentially stolen from the football club??? Do you feel if money was stolen from the club that it should be let go??? Would you accept someone trying to pull a fast one on you regardless of how much you have??? I wouldnt ....
Why slash budgets - fire sales ......
They may claim to be doing what fans want, reduced budgets and no high earners. Most likely however, they have seen the criticism and abuse directed towards Bill and themselves and asked themselves why should we bother. Why spend money on a product / club where the very fans who want success find everything you do sh1te?? Why put up with the hate towards the big bad American Capitalists.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm Ah lads keep it up....loving the discussions....

I am interested in your signature!

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Pepsi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:05 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 pm

In simple terms -

If you had money, would you accept others potentially stealing from you?? To add insult to it all, you are probably paying them good wages. Do you think it is OK that money was potentially stolen from the football club??? Do you feel if money was stolen from the club that it should be let go??? Would you accept someone trying to pull a fast one on you regardless of how much you have??? I wouldnt ....
Why slash budgets - fire sales ......
They may claim to be doing what fans want, reduced budgets and no high earners. Most likely however, they have seen the criticism and abuse directed towards Bill and themselves and asked themselves why should we bother. Why spend money on a product / club where the very fans who want success find everything you do sh1te?? Why put up with the hate towards the big bad American Capitalists.
If I had money I would try and keep it. I certainly wouldn't put an elderly man with no experience in charge of one of my companies regardless of how they were related to me.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Towelie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:05 pm

No you're grand Bob haha
👍

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm
McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm Ah lads keep it up....loving the discussions....

I am interested in your signature!
Fact Bob! He should be hung, drawn and quartered. Dirty rat.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.