New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm
McNultys Discopants wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm Ah lads keep it up....loving the discussions....

https://tenor.com/vzq5.gif
I am interested in your signature!
Fact Bob! He should be hung, drawn and quartered. Dirty rat.
I asked the Press Box on Twitter if agents have too much influence in Oriel and it was the only question they didn’t answer. I find it weird that no one talks about it cos it’s not like all the millions was spent in Oriel.
Last edited by Bob Prole on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm
shep wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 pm I perhaps naively would rather we could get things right under Peak 6 than actively look to run them out of town?? Does that make me a bad fan??
Not at all I think the majority of fans want this. Have we gone past the point of no return now though?
Yeah it looks like James Rogers has caused a nervous breakdown on Orielweb!!

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: New Manager

Post by McNultys Discopants » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:15 pm Who? Where? I’m not in Facebook or whatsapp so maybe there. A fair few people could be all I told you so right now and they seem very quiet. My friends who care are all angry and upset. We all liked winning trophies. People who were very supportive of the takeover who thought these people knew what they were doing.
I care. But I'll also say I told you so. Was a sceptic way back at the beginning and it's all unravelling.

"European Club based in Ireland" gimme a break.

Schmucks.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm
shep wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 pm I perhaps naively would rather we could get things right under Peak 6 than actively look to run them out of town?? Does that make me a bad fan??
Not at all I think the majority of fans want this. Have we gone past the point of no return now though?
Yeah it looks like James Rogers has caused a nervous breakdown on Orielweb!!
James has broken a lot of news the last few months. There have been posts on this forum going on about leaks but as far as I can see there are only two possible leakers. Either Bill is telling him or it’s coming from super agent. No way some hanger on knew about the investigation or knew about Jim’s Dave Rogers plan or knew Peak6 nearly sold the club the other week. He said in the pod that he hasn’t been able to get hold of Bill. So?…

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am

Gerry saying Bill vetoed Dave Rogers when he heard about the mooning incident. Now Jim is happy to stay as manager. Jim doesn’t want Vinny which is fair enough as he’s the Director of football. Can’t have a manager imposed on a director of football,

Might be fair to say that qualifying for Europe again this year could be the difference between the club surviving the owners leaving and not

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by southerncomfort » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Fascinating to watch this play out from afar media wise. You'd really hope that if the two boys who've been looking very 'client journalist' y -and portraying JM in the best light possible in the last few day, ( snap shots of skewed league tables / reminders of ipswitch /QPR - not mentioning the failures , RTE articles mentioning ones achievements and others failures) and trying to make it look like VP ' was ' Bill's man ' , and giving unattributed views from ''the players ''
Actually get the inside scoop/access they believe was on the other side of it ..... They'll need to back their man now .

Finger crossed JM gets the house eventually - in order - and we ride out this turbulence . . . . watch out for the scribes though !

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 pm

Word is that Dave Rogers is going to get the full manager's job now, having been vetoed for the assistant's job a week ago. In today's Independent.

User avatar
Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: New Manager

Post by Towelie » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 pm Word is that Dave Rogers is going to get the full manager's job now, having been vetoed for the assistant's job a week ago. In today's Independent.
I'd take that at this stage, hoped for a more high profile appointment but he did impress me whenever he was in the Town End podcast. Allows Jim to focus solely on that DOF role and out of public eye which I don't think suits him at all as he's fairly tempermental. He may have been the reason why Shields is on his way out.

User avatar
Quayman
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Quay

Re: New Manager

Post by Quayman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm

Towelie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 pm Word is that Dave Rogers is going to get the full manager's job now, having been vetoed for the assistant's job a week ago. In today's Independent.
I'd take that at this stage, hoped for a more high profile appointment but he did impress me whenever he was in the Town End podcast. Allows Jim to focus solely on that DOF role and out of public eye which I don't think suits him at all as he's fairly tempermental. He may have been the reason why Shields is on his way out.
Problem is, and if there has been a falling out between the 2, which blatently looks like there has been, the director of football would be handling the contract rewewal!
Neale Fenn....SCUM

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: New Manager

Post by shep » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:01 pm

I think we need a motivatior now at this stage and Dave Rogers certainly fits that bill. Infectious and likeable personality and supposedly a very good coach. I can’t and I’m sure he can’t believe that he is actually in frame to be in the hot seat alone. But we have to get behind him. Atmosphere is poison around the club at the minute so let’s hope he gets a better tune out of the players. At least he knows the league etc

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 pm

So ... in the end we’re going for a guy with ZERO LOI management experience ... who was happy with the number 2 role - to assert himself with JM / BILL etc and the players - in advance of one of the biggest battles we’ve ever faced, to stay up. Because he sounds good and really wants it . Maybe it will work, but seriously - its as valid as the decision to employ fillipo . And to be fair - there were good things about him.
Roddy Collins would be a sounder singing than this I’m afraid.

Bob Prole
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:10 pm

shep wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:01 pm I think we need a motivatior now at this stage and Dave Rogers certainly fits that bill. Infectious and likeable personality and supposedly a very good coach. I can’t and I’m sure he can’t believe that he is actually in frame to be in the hot seat alone. But we have to get behind him. Atmosphere is poison around the club at the minute so let’s hope he gets a better tune out of the players. At least he knows the league etc
This is it. We're in damage limitation mode now. Need to get through the rest of the season drama free if at all possible

User avatar
Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: New Manager

Post by Towelie » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:10 pm

Quayman wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm
Towelie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 pm Word is that Dave Rogers is going to get the full manager's job now, having been vetoed for the assistant's job a week ago. In today's Independent.
I'd take that at this stage, hoped for a more high profile appointment but he did impress me whenever he was in the Town End podcast. Allows Jim to focus solely on that DOF role and out of public eye which I don't think suits him at all as he's fairly tempermental. He may have been the reason why Shields is on his way out.
Problem is, and if there has been a falling out between the 2, which blatently looks like there has been, the director of football would be handling the contract rewewal!
Spot on. Best case scenario is that he's kept in the admin office and can't p!ss off anyone else, wise man once said "There's a reason why Qausimodo didn't work in the Notre-Dame gift shop"

User avatar
Towelie
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: New Manager

Post by Towelie » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:16 pm


User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by BigChief » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Lmfm saying its Dave Roger's with Giuseppe back in as assistant.. Jim & Stephen McD will revert back to their original roles..

Post Reply