New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by oldfogey » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:13 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 pm
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 pm Yes..I listened to Rogers and was impressed. Seems to have mellowed from the crazy maverick that played for us all those years ago..
Crazy maverick. Ffs he was getting abuse from fans of a club he once played for gave a bit of banter back and shouldn't have. Let's be honest dundalk were cash strapped back then and that is the only reason he was let go.
I've tried to steer clear of all the noise going on but sometimes it's necessary to correct people.

Dave Rogers exposed himself in front of fans, including women and children. That's a sackable offence anywhere unless you take your clothes off for a living. Was the club cash strapped? Up to point where Kenny worked his magic, the club was ALWAYS cash strapped. He may been sacked for what he did, but he still got paid.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:12 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:13 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 pm
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 pm Yes..I listened to Rogers and was impressed. Seems to have mellowed from the crazy maverick that played for us all those years ago..
Crazy maverick. Ffs he was getting abuse from fans of a club he once played for gave a bit of banter back and shouldn't have. Let's be honest dundalk were cash strapped back then and that is the only reason he was let go.
I've tried to steer clear of all the noise going on but sometimes it's necessary to correct people.

Dave Rogers exposed himself in front of fans, including women and children. That's a sackable offence anywhere unless you take your clothes off for a living. Was the club cash strapped? Up to point where Kenny worked his magic, the club was ALWAYS cash strapped. He may been sacked for what he did, but he still got paid.
If you can find the Dave Rogers Thread on here from that time back in the day you’ll have a good laugh!!!

Although it does show that OW doesn’t change that much, 2 entrenched sides having a go at each other over something none of them has any control over!!

Edit: All the good threads have been lost due to last months meltdown!
Last edited by Martin Lawlor80 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm

The boys in the Town End Podcast certainly gave Rogers a platform to tell JM and Bill that he’s interested in the job!!
He was careful not slag off the wall players or the owners, wise move I suppose

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pepsi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm The boys in the Town End Podcast certainly gave Rogers a platform to tell JM and Bill that he’s interested in the job!!
He was careful not slag off the wall players or the owners, wise move I suppose
Not meant any way negative nor taking a dig, but he is mates with a few of those lads. They put his name out there in the first place ......

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm The boys in the Town End Podcast certainly gave Rogers a platform to tell JM and Bill that he’s interested in the job!!
He was careful not slag off the wall players or the owners, wise move I suppose
Not meant any way negative nor taking a dig, but he is mates with a few of those lads. They put his name out there in the first place ......
Yea I know that but it sounded like he was saying “come and get me”.

He certainly can talk the talk and gave a good account of himself.
But a genuine question, does he have a decent management record or not?

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 am

Re: New Manager

Post by Bogger » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm The boys in the Town End Podcast certainly gave Rogers a platform to tell JM and Bill that he’s interested in the job!!
He was careful not slag off the wall players or the owners, wise move I suppose
Not meant any way negative nor taking a dig, but he is mates with a few of those lads. They put his name out there in the first place ......
Yea I know that but it sounded like he was saying “come and get me”.

He certainly can talk the talk and gave a good account of himself.
But a genuine question, does he have a decent management record or not?
He was at ardee Celtic for awhile.. I don’t believe hed be taking back there....

User avatar
shep
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: New Manager

Post by shep » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Bogger wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Not meant any way negative nor taking a dig, but he is mates with a few of those lads. They put his name out there in the first place ......
Yea I know that but it sounded like he was saying “come and get me”.

He certainly can talk the talk and gave a good account of himself.
But a genuine question, does he have a decent management record or not?
He was at ardee Celtic for awhile.. I don’t believe hed be taking back there....
Lol . I think he got well paid for the year😜

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pepsi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 pm
Pepsi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm The boys in the Town End Podcast certainly gave Rogers a platform to tell JM and Bill that he’s interested in the job!!
He was careful not slag off the wall players or the owners, wise move I suppose
Not meant any way negative nor taking a dig, but he is mates with a few of those lads. They put his name out there in the first place ......
Yea I know that but it sounded like he was saying “come and get me”.

He certainly can talk the talk and gave a good account of himself.
But a genuine question, does he have a decent management record or not?
Personally think we need a trainer who has no links to the club nor players, someone (proven, experienced and qualified) with a healthy dose of arrogance needs to come in and take the bull by the horns. Players need to hear a few home truths, staff in S&C areas need freshening up, maybe an athletics trainer..... Bill has to be told to deal with JM only and JM has to keep Bill away from the trainer team. In the next transfer window we need a keeper, a creative (not injury prone) central midfielder and a right winger with a good delivery. I would love to see us try 4-4-2 with McMillian or Junior and Mitskogen up front straight down the middle being fed by Duffy and O´Kane/Kelly from the wings.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pepsi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 am

Declan Divine now a contender for the Dundalk job??? JM did say they were good mates and praised the young hungry team he had out against us.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7047
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:47 am

Pepsi wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 am Declan Divine now a contender for the Dundalk job??? JM did say they were good mates and praised the young hungry team he had out against us.
All joking aside I think we are better than that.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by BigChief » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 am

No doubt we will end up being shocked like the last managerial announcement. Mark Burton who was widely tipped to take over after Perth doesn't seem to be getting mentioned at all this time around. Not much info coming out of Journos online, Maybe the leaks in Oriel have been fixed.

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Richie87 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:59 am

Vinny Perth should be throwing his name in for the Derry job.

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:17 am

Vinny Perth won't get another job in the loi maybe a no.2 ther is some headers on here Divine sacked bottom of the league and now a contender for the Dundalk job because he's mates with JM? the reason Derry looked good against us is because we are just as poor as they are and our position reflects that....

Richie87
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Richie87 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Why wouldn't Perth get another managerial role in LOI.? He has the badges now, won a League title with Dundalk.

Derry would be a good job for him. A redeveloped ground, some decent young player's,not as much pressure as Dundalk.

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Not my cup of tea perth only my opinion each to ther own....Kevin Sheedy gone from Waterford I suppose he's in the running for the Dundalk job now 😊⚽️

Post Reply