2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm

Laughable stuff. He was in for the job, he was being considered for it. He has now confirmed that for you. The story as tweeted and reported was true and the iTs AlL RuMoUrS crowd think they’re vindicated!

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:46 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:29 pm I don't know why so many posters are whinging about people posting rumours in a thread with rumours in the title. Maybe start a new thread called confirmed news or something.
Seems a statement of the obvious but we live in strange times.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 pm

Story could have been well timed for Vinny. Tells the world he’s 100% committed and reminds the owners he has options if they don’t show him some support. Now he’s talking about a review with the owners that can’t wait. After all if he were to leave we’d have been in serious trouble.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm Laughable stuff. He was in for the job, he was being considered for it. He has now confirmed that for you. The story as tweeted and reported was true and the iTs AlL RuMoUrS crowd think they’re vindicated!
A non story. possibly leaked mischievously ... forcing unnecessary comment
All of our players and staff , and those of every other club in the word will be constantly sought after , and their agents will constantly seek opportunities if they do their jobs right

if there's a strong possibility of a move tipped off / being finalised - then maybe there's justifiable speculation . .. . .

but person X is shortlisted / has applied months ago for position Y , is just unnecessary .

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm Laughable stuff. He was in for the job, he was being considered for it. He has now confirmed that for you. The story as tweeted and reported was true and the iTs AlL RuMoUrS crowd think they’re vindicated!
A non story. possibly leaked mischievously ... forcing unnecessary comment
All of our players and staff , and those of every other club in the word will be constantly sought after , and their agents will constantly seek opportunities if they do their jobs right

if there's a strong possibility of a move tipped off / being finalised - then maybe there's justifiable speculation . .. . .

but person X is shortlisted / has applied months ago for position Y , is just unnecessary .

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Mischievously? How many people would have known that outside the IFA and Vinny himself?

Vinny looks stronger 24 hours after the story came out and just got a load of journalists to report how dedicated he is to the club despite interest for a National job and how he now wants to start talks about the future. Also didn’t criticise social media or journalists for once. I’d say it’s worked out quite nicely for him, no?

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:46 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:40 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:39 pm Perth rules himself out of running for Northern Ireland U21 job https://the42.ie/5500641
I’ve really been impressed by VP since his return I have to say. The way he’s been conducting himself, dealing with the press and instilling confidence in the players is fcuking top class.
He’s the one who has consistently said we need to ignore the noise around the club.
It’s hard know with All things LOI on Twitter. On the one hand, he’s been very accurate with his information. However on the other hand, it suits him as a rovers fan to be posting about us in order to destabilise us. To be fair to him, as I said in another post, he never actually said that VP was definitely getting the job or was leaving us at his very moment. He said that VP had made the shortlist and talks( I read it like talks with all on the shortlist ) were continuing.
Good post Martin and probably spot on. That's not a rumour I actually said it!!!!!

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:56 pm

Hull White wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:46 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:40 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:39 pm Perth rules himself out of running for Northern Ireland U21 job https://the42.ie/5500641
I’ve really been impressed by VP since his return I have to say. The way he’s been conducting himself, dealing with the press and instilling confidence in the players is fcuking top class.
He’s the one who has consistently said we need to ignore the noise around the club.
It’s hard know with All things LOI on Twitter. On the one hand, he’s been very accurate with his information. However on the other hand, it suits him as a rovers fan to be posting about us in order to destabilise us. To be fair to him, as I said in another post, he never actually said that VP was definitely getting the job or was leaving us at his very moment. He said that VP had made the shortlist and talks( I read it like talks with all on the shortlist ) were continuing.
Good post Martin and probably spot on. That's not a rumour I actually said it!!!!!
Haha!!

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:00 pm Mischievously? How many people would have known that outside the IFA and Vinny himself?

Vinny looks stronger 24 hours after the story came out and just got a load of journalists to report how dedicated he is to the club despite interest for a National job and how he now wants to start talks about the future. Also didn’t criticise social media or journalists for once. I’d say it’s worked out quite nicely for him, no?
Yea, he’s orchestrated Ireland’s top soccer journalists to write their story’s that way . Some genius .
Club crested Tin foil hats should be the next venture.

Very simple story - he probably applied … he was in the running ( no suggestion in what I’ve read he was offered formally ) , he no longer is . He confirms commitment to club .

Like the players - out on his ear come December - there will be lots of similar stories in the weeks / months ahead about our best players …. It would be great if people could wait for some more substance, before demanding clarity from the club , who are possibly hearing the rumours at the same time .

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Who said anything about orchestrating anything? Just said it’s worked out well for him if it was supposed to be causing him mischief. If I thought it was a Vinny masterplan I’d have said so - would have been pretty impressive. Anything that pushes our owners to “shit or get off the pot”.

For that matter who exactly ‘demanded clarity from the club’? Where was that? A story came out, people commented, it was interesting, it was true, the manager addressed it. Seems like only two or three heads have found themselves adding legs to it in desperation to prove a point of some sort.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:49 am

Gary Rogers from 34 minutes on LOI central

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Looks like we have McEleney to the rest of the season, Derry Journal reporting Derry City's efforts have failed to agree a fee and they won't be taking him until 2022.

So that's one piece of good news, as hopefully we will be still be in europe next week, and his performances have risen significantly this month, made a big difference in Limerick and in the euro games so far.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:42 pm

mike wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm Looks like we have McEleney to the rest of the season, Derry Journal reporting Derry City's efforts have failed to agree a fee and they won't be taking him until 2022.

So that's one piece of good news, as hopefully we will be still be in europe next week, and his performances have risen significantly this month, made a big difference in Limerick and in the euro games so far.
Imo Derry couldn’t pony up enough money to get Fats and Bill realises that we need him. He could have done the same with Shields if he wanted to.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:08 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:42 pm
mike wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm Looks like we have McEleney to the rest of the season, Derry Journal reporting Derry City's efforts have failed to agree a fee and they won't be taking him until 2022.

Imo Derry couldn’t pony up enough money to get Fats and Bill realises that we need him. He could have done the same with Shields if he wanted to.
In my opinion only the first of those two reasons is true. If Derry had the cash I think we’d have let him go. Nothing to do with us needing him. We keep hearing about Fats and his house, well a house needs a mortgage and a pre contract deal won’t get you a mortgage. That’s the main reason he wanted to go now I bet.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:21 pm

Talking about ponying up. We would want to pony up & make
Patrick an offer , he can’t refuse , for 2022.