Louth4sam wrote: ↑Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 am
What was the BCP/DR plan should Oriel offices not be available for a period of time?
1. Where is your evidence that peak6 wanted to bring over employees?
2. Did Covid bring in a manager without any experience in senior football and without the required qualifications costing the club fines in Europe?
3. Did Covid want to move 10 games a year to another city.
4. Did Covid want the goalkeeper taking throw ins
4. Did Covid want to install a telephone in the home dugout
5. Did Covid bring an agent as a special guest on a chartered plane to an away European fixture with the same agent being photographed with our rivals as they sign one of our star players
6. Did Covid organise an embarrassing press conference trying to fool the world that the manager was being replaced by a man who's only managerial experience in the premier league was getting two teams relegated.
And finally the biggest cliche of the lot the "if you if you think you could do a better job"....
1. Where is the evidence that they didnt??? For a project manager, you obviously dont have much experience. Most change projects I have worked in after takeovers mean the new owners send in their own people / consultants. Maybe not permanently but certainly regularly to ensure everything is moving in the right direction until the project is complete.
2. You seem to forget he replaced a manager with the same qualification, didnt see you shouting for Vinnys head the season before. They took in who they felt was the right person and available at the time on the same model which worked previously to get around the license issue........fine could have been issued to Vinny.
3. 10 games a year in the Aviva an hour up the road.....how many games do we play in Dublin if we get to Europe?? Do you boycott them??? How much more income would it offer the club if we did use the Aviva for games against Rovers, Bohs etc.??
4. Something fed to the press by an upset / bitter (former) employee by all accounts. None of us know the context of the conversations......nor do we know for a fact if they took place. As I have said before I would be very interested to hear Bills side of the story....because every story has two sides. Maybe Bill did suggest it, maybe he wanted to pressure Vinny into resigning because they didnt like him, maybe he said that is how it works in the NFL, would it be worth a try here......we dont know. What we do know is one side of it.....
5. Are you sure the mentioned agent was not involved in the signing of other players, you do realise each player represented is a new independant deal, so maybe they were trying to get someone else from his list?? Can you be sure the club wanted to keep the star players mentioned?? Again none of us know the reasoning behind it....anything else is only shit talk.
6. God and the fucking world know why the press conference was held. On one hand you complain about the €50K fine, however you also complain that they took recommended action to prevent it happening again. Make up your mind or is it a case that you just want a different Pro License manager on the line and are crying for the sake of it??
As for a Business-Continuity-Plan or a Disaster Recovery Plan if Oriels offices had to close......did they really need one??? Fans not allowed into the ground, tickets cannot be sold, merchandise could not be sold on site......trust me I know bigger international companies that didnt have a plan. As it stands the company is not making a profit, so maybe Peak6 said lets focus on X, Y and Z.....we will be picking up the loss on the other side anyway.