New gear.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

New gear.

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:27 am

Are the club merely changing front of Jersey sponsorship for the 2021 season, or are they going with a new strip? I actually really like the black away Jersey. They had a 50% off sale recently so was wondering if that was to get rid of the stock with Fyffes on it, or to sell it off because we will have a new Jersey? But it will be 6 weeks to Christmas day this coming Friday, and not a mention of anything like that from the club. I feel that if it is a new Jersey then they really need to act on it now, because with covid etc supply might be hard to come by. The club will have already lost a massive Christmas revenue stream with season ticket sales for next season. Nobody will purchase one, until a) they find out what the club intend doing for season ticket holders from this current season and B) nobody will purchase one for next season with the ongoing covid situation and no fans at games. That is a massive source of revenue for the club and there seems to be little to no marketing of the club in any way shape or form.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: New gear.

Post by Pepsi » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:33 am

Niall I suspect they are not allowed to say/show anything or better said sell anything until they have played the last game of the current season (be that LOI or Europe depending on contracts). Although I wouldnt be suprised if Peak6 forgot about Christmas the sales factors.....they maywell reveal the new kit in the second or third week of January....

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:49 am

Pepsi wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:33 am Niall I suspect they are not allowed to say/show anything or better said sell anything until they have played the last game of the current season (be that LOI or Europe depending on contracts). Although I wouldnt be suprised if Peak6 forgot about Christmas the sales factors.....they maywell reveal the new kit in the second or third week of January....
They would need to have it already ordered and enroute Pepsi. I know from experience ordering gear for my own club, that 3 weeks becomes 5 then it becomes 8... And as I say we are already missing a big Christmas Market and loss of revenue with the season ticket sales.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:13 pm

I dont really think they care about Xmas business. Probably peanuts for them in the big picture finiances wise, when you look at money earned in Europe this season. They would sit down and ask themselves if it is worthwhile putting in the input compared to what can be earned. Much easier to offer an online voucher for the club shop....buy a €50 voucher and pay €45 or something. Saves the hassle of having to rush to get gear ordered, delivered, sorted, displayed in the shop, posted out and then potenial overtime for the staff on top.
Can you imagine the outrage and disappointment that would be out there if an order didnt make it to the US, Aus, UK or mainland Europe in time for Xmas....not because the club failed to send it in time but because of the potential breakdown of the postal service in Dec. with Xmas rush and Covid. I know DHL are very nervous that an outbreak at one of their main Europe hubs could mean disaster in the worldwide distribution network.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:13 pm I dont really think they care about Xmas business. Probably peanuts for them in the big picture finiances wise, when you look at money earned in Europe this season. They would sit down and ask themselves if it is worthwhile putting in the input compared to what can be earned. Much easier to offer an online voucher for the club shop....buy a €50 voucher and pay €45 or something. Saves the hassle of having to rush to get gear ordered, delivered, sorted, displayed in the shop, posted out and then potenial overtime for the staff on top.
Can you imagine the outrage and disappointment that would be out there if an order didnt make it to the US, Aus, UK or mainland Europe in time for Xmas....not because the club failed to send it in time but because of the potential breakdown of the postal service in Dec. with Xmas rush and Covid. I know DHL are very nervous that an outbreak at one of their main Europe hubs could mean disaster in the worldwide distribution network.
An post won't break down. We have had all measures in place and have been experiencing Christmas like volumes since September. The only issue will be for anyone ordering from wish. Those packets haven't got full postage paid so what will happen those is they will be done if and when possible but priority will be to your usual mail and online services such as dundalk fc, M&S, amazon, etc etc etc. Yes it might be small fry in terms of the money made from the European campaign, and the profit margins from it but there seems to be little to no marketing from the club. Remember we survived 1 covid campaign will we or even the league as a whole, survive a 2nd?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:54 pm

El Paso wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:05 pm I'd say it's already too late supply chain wise. I ordered that new silver top and silver training shirt from Umbro the day they announced they had it and umbro emailed me days later to say they didn't have the top in stock, and I'm still waiting for the shirt. An Post also lost my Molde programme, despite having a tracking code. So they're clearly struggling a bit.

I find the club's attitude to merchandising disappointing. Football merchandise is big business globally and merchandising is part of any sustainable business model long term and we are a club that has achieved brand recognition far beyond any other Irish club in recent years. Plus, we're an Irish brand that isn't coloured green!

If and when it happens, it'll be interesting to see what merch they sell kids, because they won't be able to sell gear with a gambling logo to children.
U can track ur an post order with the tracking number.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:51 pm

El Paso wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:56 pm I have tracked it. Last entry is 26th October Dublin Parcel Hub.
Ring customer services 1850575859 and quote ur tracking number. And maybe contact oriel advising them u didn't get your packet.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:55 pm

El Paso wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:05 pm I'd say it's already too late supply chain wise. I ordered that new silver top and silver training shirt from Umbro the day they announced they had it and umbro emailed me days later to say they didn't have the top in stock, and I'm still waiting for the shirt. An Post also lost my Molde programme, despite having a tracking code. So they're clearly struggling a bit.

I find the club's attitude to merchandising disappointing. Football merchandise is big business globally and merchandising is part of any sustainable business model long term and we are a club that has achieved brand recognition far beyond any other Irish club in recent years. Plus, we're an Irish brand that isn't coloured green!

If and when it happens, it'll be interesting to see what merch they sell kids, because they won't be able to sell gear with a gambling logo to children
I'd imagine they will just sell jerseys with no sponser. It's what they do in the UK if a team is sponsored by a gambling or alcohol company.

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by iloveduffy.com » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Last years jersey was launched 28th November, with the black Jersey not available to supporters until april/may.
The grey away jersey was only launched in Feb 2019 for that season.
Our 2018 Jersey was launched 24th November.
Usually launched when Santa arrives at the marshes 🙄.
I'd very much hope that the wheels are well in motion for a launch in time for Christmas.
In Kenny we Trust

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:01 am

El Paso wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 am Excited now! Let's see how we can make a white shirt with black trim look ugly again!!
To be fair it could be anything from the last 10 years, highly likely it already exists in black/white or black/white/red.

dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by dieseldlk » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 am

I believe our new shirt sponsor is BetRegal

Alrightourfella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alrightourfella » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 am

if true Niall Dundalk FC are sending out the wrong message promoting gambling imo....

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 am

Alrightourfella wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 am if true Niall Dundalk FC are sending out the wrong message promoting gambling imo....
I never said who our new sponsor is... 😁

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:59 am

dieseldlk wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 am I believe our new shirt sponsor is BetRegal
This is old news!

Terrible sponsor for the club to take on. Whatever about taking the 30 pieces of silver to have them onboard as a "betting partner"

Emblazoned on the front of the shirt to tempt more poor fcukers down a road of misery is almost criminal.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

The Fyffes home jersey still up on the club shop website for €60. I'd be fairly pissed off if I paid that for a new shirt only for them to come out with a different one before Christmas.