New gear.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: New gear.

Post by GSBellew » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:30 am

After having a detailed look at the pictures of it on the Umbro site, it's much better looking than last years quality wise, sponsors sublimation printed into the shirt like the stripes etc rather than a transfer like the 2021 shirt, the Great Northern logo faded into the shirt is a nice touch too.

I know it's a small thing, but it'd be nice if the players names & numbers are printed on too as they were on the CX shirts rather than a vinyl type transfer this year.

I'm sold on buying an away shirt anyway.

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:22 am

According to the shop on Monday it was due to go on sale today, still no word tho

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Dillonman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Announced tonight that they are in and ready to go
Drogs are scum!

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 am

Great to see that the childrens' sizes do not feature the gambling logo. If only that option was available to adults as well.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:43 pm

White Horse wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 am Great to see that the childrens' sizes do not feature the gambling logo. If only that option was available to adults as well.
Then we wouldn't be getting a very lucrative sponsorship deal.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 pm

White Horse wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 am Great to see that the childrens' sizes do not feature the gambling logo. If only that option was available to adults as well.
You could offer to pay €50 more for it without a sponsor.....they might like the idea.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:22 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:43 pm
Then we wouldn't be getting a very lucrative sponsorship deal.
Celtic always have an option to buy without the gambling/alcohol sponsor. No reason Dundalk could've had an option as well.

Doubt it would affect sponsorship deal too much. The brand visibility is all about the players on the pitch, not a couple of hundred fans around the town.
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 pm You could offer to pay €50 more for it without a sponsor.....they might like the idea.
Fantastic post. 🙄

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:54 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 pm
Pepsi wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 pm You could offer to pay €50 more for it without a sponsor.....they might like the idea.
Fantastic post. 🙄
Who pissed on your chips
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:10 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:54 pm
McNultys Discopants wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 pm
Fantastic post. 🙄
Who pissed on your chips
Umbro as it happens!

Got the new shirt yesterday. Lovely shirt in my opinion.

But....the quality of material in it is absolutely shocking. Compared to Nike/NB/Adidas it's dire. Umbro used to be much better. Must have sourced even cheaper suppliers in the far east.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm

El Paso wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:21 am There’s great picture of them on the ramp at the train station. It’s the normal red crest alright.
I thought it was, but upon further examination it's very orangey!

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:31 am

Anyone know if the club shop is open this week?

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:11 pm

El Paso wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:35 pm Dregs making a virtue of never having a gambling sponsor. TD on board and all.
Saw that, and a nice little dig to us also, I would probably have preferred if it wasn't Bet Regal, but it is, and it wont be changing for maybe two years.

Noticed a few Bohs also having digs, and not a word said about them having Mr Green for a good few years, Pats also had Paddy Power a few years back, not sure was there such a big outcry then, also Louth GAA had Boylesports for a good bit, but maybe things have changed. In UK its rampant, the betting sponsor, Championship even sponsored by Sky Bet, Celtic and Rangers, loads others too.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Gambling is not an illegal profession. People need to get over it. I have very little interest in gambling, if I go to a race meeting I'll have some bets, but that's it. I don't bet on 2 flys on the wall. It is the same as anything be it drinking alcohol or smoking or taking drugs, they are all addictive if u let them. Where was the furore when we were sponsored by harp? There was none. This snowflake bullshit of being offended by everything no matter how trivial has to stop at some point. Do you honestly think a child knows or cares who bet regal is? Nor will it make them, let alone you or I feel compelled to have a €100 bet on Mullins horse in the bumper at leopardstown today. Sport is steeped in sponsorship from gambling and alcohol industries. Should Dundalk knock back a very very lucrative sponsorship deal because a few fans want to take the moral high ground? Absolutely not!!

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:53 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:32 pm Gambling is not an illegal profession. People need to get over it. I have very little interest in gambling, if I go to a race meeting I'll have some bets, but that's it. I don't bet on 2 flys on the wall. It is the same as anything be it drinking alcohol or smoking or taking drugs, they are all addictive if u let them. Where was the furore when we were sponsored by harp? There was none. This snowflake bullshit of being offended by everything no matter how trivial has to stop at some point. Do you honestly think a child knows or cares who bet regal is? Nor will it make them, let alone you or I feel compelled to have a €100 bet on Mullins horse in the bumper at leopardstown today. Sport is steeped in sponsorship from gambling and alcohol industries. Should Dundalk knock back a very very lucrative sponsorship deal because a few fans want to take the moral high ground? Absolutely not!!
Well said Niall.....if it was McDonalds, they would be complaining about kids, obesity and fast food, if it was Cooley Distillery...it would be encouraging kids to be alcoholics, if it was Paypal it would be encouraging people to shop beyond their limits......if it was Larry Goodann it would be the poor farmers and shite conditions the animals live in.........they will always find something.

If BoyleSports arrived in Drawda with an offer of €100k per season they would change their tune very quickly, funny how no one cried about Paddy Power at Rovers. In the LOI no one can afford to turn their nose up at easy money. It is clear as day that anything Peak6/Dundalk do is written off before it gets off the ground by most of our own fans, LOI fans in general and certain sections of the local and national press.