Dundalk v Finn Harps | League Series 2 | Friday 26 March 2021 ko 17.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

ggray670
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Finn Harps | League Series 2 | Friday 26 March 2021 ko 17.45

Post by ggray670 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:47 am

Still fuming after that terrible performance last night, normally I'm a person who thinks Management teams need some time to get it together, but these 3 stooges have to f**k off before they do some real damage to the club I love

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:01 am

There are some rumours that Filippo will be returning to Met Oval in the summer and that Jim has been sounding out potential candidates for the job. It was never confirmed whether Filippo gave up his role as acadamy director with MetOval and he is still listed as an employee on their website.

I would say its a pretty decent job and a nice lifestyle over there...maybe he doesn't want to risk that.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:49 am Lads it is all well and good asking fans to unite and demand change....as Dan McDonnel had on his twitter a few weeks ago, a segment of Dundalks fans were asking him to ask questions. Now my very simple question....what happens if Peak6 say tomorrow...we will give fans what they want, we are off. Anyone around willing to step in and take over?? Anyone got the finances needed to pay players and bills??? People should be careful of what they wish for, Peak6 are welcome to stay however they have to run the club differently.......(and by the way, I feel Peak6 have to act, however in that I mean, Jim has to be looking for a new manager)
It's not binary choice of continue as is or Peak6 sailing off into the sunset in the morning, there is a third option of hiring the right people for the job and Fillipo is not the right man for the job. He never was. With the budget and players at our disposal we should be hammering the likes of Finn Harps apart from the odd freak occurrence.

Whether fans were pro Perth or anti Perth, it's pretty evident we've regressed since his sacking. The management team need to be replaced immediately and whoever made the decision to appoint them shouldn't be allowed make any further decisions as they clearly haven't a clue about football
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:01 am There are some rumours that Filippo will be returning to Met Oval in the summer and that Jim has been sounding out potential candidates for the job. It was never confirmed whether Filippo gave up his role as acadamy director with MetOval and he is still listed as an employee on their website.

I would say its a pretty decent job and a nice lifestyle over there...maybe he doesn't want to risk that.
Hopefully these rumours are true, but summer time might be too late. Get rid now while we are still in with a shout. Individually, we have some of the best players in the league, how they are being coached as a team is were the problem lies.
I am absolutely fuming after that last night, our league form since FG came in has been abysmal and continues to be so.
In 11 league games since FG has come in, he has won a grand total of 3! Two of which were against teams that were relegated and the other one was against Derry who came 7th. Anyone who thinks they can defend that record needs to give their head a wobble.
Last edited by colymull on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am

I get that the pressure is mounting but he's gonna get at least one round of games.

We're still in pre season sure! That's our 5th game.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:31 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am I get that the pressure is mounting but he's gonna get at least one round of games.

He got a round of games last season and our form was atrocious. We've carried that into this season.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:33 am

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:31 am
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am I get that the pressure is mounting but he's gonna get at least one round of games.

He got a round of games last season and our form was atrocious. We've carried that into this season.
He got a round and a half last season.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 am

The preseason thing is still puzzling.

Surely Jim should have been offering a guiding hand in that regard. No professional team prepares for a season with 2 games. This year more than ever we needed to hit the ground running.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:40 am

Last night I was angry.
Today I am sad.
So disappointed,I really don't want to say anything.........................but in a perverse way I'm looking forward to the Rovers game.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Just to add a further note of gloom to an already depressing situation.

There was some serious money paid in severing contracts last season. Thankfully it was covered by the run in Europe. If you bring in a new manager he will want to bring in his own assistants and possibly backroom staff.(GK and S&C are under scrutiny).
Most managers will also want to bring in their own players and will use that as an excuse for the remainder of this season. This, of course, presumes that the manager has control over who is signed. If the owners - or sponsors - have an influence, nobody worth their salt will touch us. We have been here before in 2019 when it got a lot worse before it got better. But it was the dressing room that turned that around, not the management. There's not enough of those guys around any more.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by buster » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Players are professional.. but I'm afraid the management are nothing but amateurs.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am
Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:49 am Lads it is all well and good asking fans to unite and demand change....as Dan McDonnel had on his twitter a few weeks ago, a segment of Dundalks fans were asking him to ask questions. Now my very simple question....what happens if Peak6 say tomorrow...we will give fans what they want, we are off. Anyone around willing to step in and take over?? Anyone got the finances needed to pay players and bills??? People should be careful of what they wish for, Peak6 are welcome to stay however they have to run the club differently.......(and by the way, I feel Peak6 have to act, however in that I mean, Jim has to be looking for a new manager)
It's not binary choice of continue as is or Peak6 sailing off into the sunset in the morning, there is a third option of hiring the right people for the job and Fillipo is not the right man for the job. He never was. With the budget and players at our disposal we should be hammering the likes of Finn Harps apart from the odd freak occurrence.

Whether fans were pro Perth or anti Perth, it's pretty evident we've regressed since his sacking. The management team need to be replaced immediately and whoever made the decision to appoint them shouldn't be allowed make any further decisions as they clearly haven't a clue about football
This regression started under Vinny, who lived off Kennys planning and squad in his very successful first season, it started going wrong once Vinny had full control of planning etc. and had to do it himself.....do not forget the results before FG came in. Neither should have been given the job if we are honest, it is a number too big for both. Like I said before, I hope Jim has a good list of pro-license holders from his time with the IFA.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:08 pm

magarnagle wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:24 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:14 pm
magarnagle wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:05 pm I'm always at pains not to make rash judgements and believe managers need time but there are too many worrying signs, I just can't see it getting better.
I think his record is something ridiculous now like two wins in eleven league games. I think it's pretty safe for us to make judgements now that aren't rash.

Put Magilton in charge and find the right long term replacement, don't rush this.
I was willing to cut some slack based on when he came in, the circumstances, Europe and the cup but there's been a long off season to work with the team and we look clueless at times and very sloppy which I presume is down to lack of game time.
1st half was poor. Harps parked the bus and our MF wasn’t cute enough to break them down. Thought we upped the tempo and moved the ball a lot quicker in the 2nd . Got the goal and their keeper pulled off a great save from Hoban’s second header. We seemed to lose defensive shape then while we were throwing everything at them to get the winner. Our shape was criminal for their goal. I thought Han and of course O’Kane did well . Chino had a few good touches considering it was his first competitive run out.
We don’t look like we can keep a clean sheet which then forces us to go all out for a goal instead of having patience.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:41 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

Even before last night, I was thinking, the whole mgt team need to be replaced if we are to advance. We have a huge budget, a decent squad, however they are not being coached right.

There has to be League 1 'ba#t#d of a manager' out there to sort us out. Players all well paid, very well paid but you can't give them an inch, and that's what we need, someone to take no sh#t.

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by grayzer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:13 pm

mike wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:41 pm Even before last night, I was thinking, the whole mgt team need to be replaced if we are to advance. We have a huge budget, a decent squad, however they are not being coached right.

There has to be League 1 'ba#t#d of a manager' out there to sort us out. Players all well paid, very well paid but you can't give them an inch, and that's what we need, someone to take no sh#t.
Stephen Kenny be available soon.....
In Kenny we trust.