Dundalk v Finn Harps | League Series 2 | Friday 26 March 2021 ko 17.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Finn Harps | League Series 2 | Friday 26 March 2021 ko 17.45

Post by Hull White » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 am

Richie87 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:58 am Fenlon is the General manager of Linfield. I doubt he would risk leaving that to be a stop gap for Dundalk.

Peak 6 have brought in Magilton as a Director of Football and have signed a couple of International players on decent wages. If they do bite the bullet with the current management in the future, they will probaly be in a better place with Magilton to give advice on candidates.

No need for the childish jbes, 'clowns in charge. Plenty of clubs in Ireland would have been happy with a Cup final win and Europa group stages. And the performances in group stages weren't that bad. Playing higher quality teams , and scored more then in the 2016 group stages.
Apologies for the "Clowns in Charge" remark, I was angry when writing it so I will withdraw it and just call them i" Incompetents".

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Dillonman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:47 am

Watched the match back and especially in the second half, Shields and chino spent alot of time receiving the ball at centre back position. Such a bad omen for having midfield playing so deep. Couldn't work out what formation we were playing even from the first half. I know alot of the players are gone now but why not go bsck to the formation which Kenny and perth drilled into the players and got us so much success? Numerous lads will still be used to it. Players will know their roles. The current regime is not working, its blatantly obvious and they are out of their debt. I wonder would stubborness shine if Kenny was available next week.
Drogs are scum!

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

Dillonman wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:47 am Watched the match back and especially in the second half, Shields and chino spent alot of time receiving the ball at centre back position. Such a bad omen for having midfield playing so deep. Couldn't work out what formation we were playing even from the first half. I know alot of the players are gone now but why not go bsck to the formation which Kenny and perth drilled into the players and got us so much success? Numerous lads will still be used to it. Players will know their roles. The current regime is not working, its blatantly obvious and they are out of their debt. I wonder would stubborness shine if Kenny was available next week.
It was blatantly clear in the first half also. Stanton had to drop back to cb to collect the ball. We are over exposed in defence. Their 2nd was a clear indication of it. No wingback cover. The system isn't working. We have the players also, just being let down by tactics and team shape and formations.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am

Having had a few drinks and a long think about things....I am looking forward to Garts coming back. He might be the voice we need at the back, he came in last season and improved things, seems as if no one is organising things on the pitch. I feel we may see Andy Boyle dropping to the bench once Garts is up to speed.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am
Pepsi wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:49 am Lads it is all well and good asking fans to unite and demand change....as Dan McDonnel had on his twitter a few weeks ago, a segment of Dundalks fans were asking him to ask questions. Now my very simple question....what happens if Peak6 say tomorrow...we will give fans what they want, we are off. Anyone around willing to step in and take over?? Anyone got the finances needed to pay players and bills??? People should be careful of what they wish for, Peak6 are welcome to stay however they have to run the club differently.......(and by the way, I feel Peak6 have to act, however in that I mean, Jim has to be looking for a new manager)
It's not binary choice of continue as is or Peak6 sailing off into the sunset in the morning, there is a third option of hiring the right people for the job and Fillipo is not the right man for the job. He never was. With the budget and players at our disposal we should be hammering the likes of Finn Harps apart from the odd freak occurrence.

Whether fans were pro Perth or anti Perth, it's pretty evident we've regressed since his sacking. The management team need to be replaced immediately and whoever made the decision to appoint them shouldn't be allowed make any further decisions as they clearly haven't a clue about football
This regression started under Vinny, who lived off Kennys planning and squad in his very successful first season, it started going wrong once Vinny had full control of planning etc. and had to do it himself.....do not forget the results before FG came in. Neither should have been given the job if we are honest, it is a number too big for both. Like I said before, I hope Jim has a good list of pro-license holders from his time with the IFA.
Perth's record was won 4 Drew 2 Lost 2. Poor enough I'd agree compared to previous season but hardly stackable form. I could understand if he was being replaced with someone of suitable quality but we've massively regressed since that point regardless of when you think it started.

If it's two poor decisions of appointing Perth and Fillipo, should there be any consequence for the person that made that decision?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am Having had a few drinks and a long think about things....I am looking forward to Garts coming back. He might be the voice we need at the back, he came in last season and improved things, seems as if no one is organising things on the pitch. I feel we may see Andy Boyle dropping to the bench once Garts is up to speed.
It feels like we are missing leaders throughout the side. Look at the spine of the team in 2016, you had Rogers, Gartland, Finn, Shields, O'Donnell. All leaders.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:13 am

It's not binary choice of continue as is or Peak6 sailing off into the sunset in the morning, there is a third option of hiring the right people for the job and Fillipo is not the right man for the job. He never was. With the budget and players at our disposal we should be hammering the likes of Finn Harps apart from the odd freak occurrence.

Whether fans were pro Perth or anti Perth, it's pretty evident we've regressed since his sacking. The management team need to be replaced immediately and whoever made the decision to appoint them shouldn't be allowed make any further decisions as they clearly haven't a clue about football
This regression started under Vinny, who lived off Kennys planning and squad in his very successful first season, it started going wrong once Vinny had full control of planning etc. and had to do it himself.....do not forget the results before FG came in. Neither should have been given the job if we are honest, it is a number too big for both. Like I said before, I hope Jim has a good list of pro-license holders from his time with the IFA.
Perth's record was won 4 Drew 2 Lost 2. Poor enough I'd agree compared to previous season but hardly stackable form. I could understand if he was being replaced with someone of suitable quality but we've massively regressed since that point regardless of when you think it started.

If it's two poor decisions of appointing Perth and Fillipo, should there be any consequence for the person that made that decision?
As I have said before, I genuinely believe Bill is only where he is to ruffle feathers and do the dirty work in an attempt to get the club to where Peak6 believe it should be. Once they have an admin team in place on the ground, processes are Americanized, FAI realises the LOI wants improvment that they cannot hinder.....I feel you will see JM taking on the day to day running of the business. Vinny was appointed by Mike Treacy, no longer with Peak6.....FG appointed by Bill....not going to get the sack when Peak6 are still fighting for reform in the LOI and FAI.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:21 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm

As I have said before, I genuinely believe Bill is only where he is to ruffle feathers and do the dirty work in an attempt to get the club to where Peak6 believe it should be. Once they have an admin team in place on the ground, processes are Americanized, FAI realises the LOI wants improvment that they cannot hinder.....I feel you will see JM taking on the day to day running of the business. Vinny was appointed by Mike Treacy, no longer with Peak6.....FG appointed by Bill....not going to get the sack when Peak6 are still fighting for reform in the LOI and FAI.
Who is making the decisions if it's not Bill?

I hope you're right about JM but from what I'm hearing is Bill is still very much involved and has no intentions of taking a step back.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:15 pm
Pepsi wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am Having had a few drinks and a long think about things....I am looking forward to Garts coming back. He might be the voice we need at the back, he came in last season and improved things, seems as if no one is organising things on the pitch. I feel we may see Andy Boyle dropping to the bench once Garts is up to speed.
It feels like we are missing leaders throughout the side. Look at the spine of the team in 2016, you had Rogers, Gartland, Finn, Shields, O'Donnell. All leaders.
I was thinking more of Gannon and Massey as unsung leaders. OK, maybe it was their time to move on, but they are definitely missed.

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:31 pm

2 matches into a new season after changing a lot of players, relax lads!

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:33 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:26 pm
I was thinking more of Gannon and Massey as unsung leaders. OK, maybe it was their time to move on, but they are definitely missed.
On the pitch as players I do not think they are being missed. I feel we have replaced them with equal or better quality players.....I would hope that Sonni could become the organiser at the back long term. Garts is the short term....Boyle will be lucky to get a new contract with us next season I would imagine.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Bogger wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:31 pm 2 matches into a new season after changing a lot of players, relax lads!
It's 15 league games into a programme and system that clearly isn't working.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:01 pm

I don't buy this "its only 2 games in" excuse. Our league form is relegation standard since Giavagnoli came in. Also, while leadership on the pitch is important it can't make up for the lack of leadership on the sidelines. Players have their own jobs to do on the pitch which they need to focus on.
Last edited by White Horse on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:21 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:26 pm
Good shout on Massey but Ganno was always quiet enough although one of his runs always got the crowd going.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:41 am

Spot on Niall. We are two games into this season and nothing has changed. He has brought in loads of players but obviously don't rate most of them as they once again play two defensive midfielders in a home game against Finn Harps who will probably be nowhere by seasons end! Clueless.