Dundalk v St Pats | League Series 5 | Oriel Park | Saturday 17 April 2021 18:00

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk v St Pats | League Series 5 | Oriel Park | Saturday 17 April 2021 18:00

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:38 am

I don't think I've ever come across anyone so arrogant in all my life. Stealing newspaper articles and putting them in a book does strange things to a person.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk v St Pats | League Series 5 | Oriel Park | Saturday 17 April 2021 18:00

Post by Pepsi » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:59 am

Here comes the unpopular lad with a fact from the FAI ...... confirmed to me by someone within the FAI who could tell me about it 24 hours before it happened .......

The FAI insisted on the now famous press conference being held and more or less scripted it. UEFA gave the FAI a rap on the knuckles for poor governance and licensing processes after issuing FGs fine. As Dundalk were used as the example in the UEFA enquiry and they would play in Europe again this year, the FAI insisted on a public show, as certain people within had skid marks in their pants (UEFA funding could have been stopped to the FAI). Had the club not gone with their wishes the license for the season was at risk. Jim was the face of the Press Conference as he is the top man on the ground and is the person who was responible for licensing.

This is well known within the world of journalism ........ a Dublin based photographer (nothing to do with sport but friends with a number of celebrities in the world of sport) could also tell me about it and actually expressed sympathy towards the club as the FAI / LOI movers and shakers have not changed much. JDs hench men still in position being protected from within.