Podcasts

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 21, 2021 1:47 pm

Finally got the chance to listen to the Pressbox today in peace. Very interesting points no one has mentioned so far ......
- new sponsors which James believes will be worth 6 digits
- internal investigation ongoing in Oriel into how the club was run in the past. What are they looking for??? Money missing?? Someone not working and picking up a wage?? Someone in bed with JD and his mates in the FAI??

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by shedboy4life » Sun May 23, 2021 6:09 pm

magarnagle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am
magarnagle wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:27 pm Listened to it as well. Thought James Rogers was spot on re the protests. They're a bad idea. They achieve nothing. I don't think any of the people protesting or planning to has thought it through. They are being inspired by what is going on in England. They want Bill out but can't see the obvious link that if Bill goes Peak 6 likely go. Some want Peak 6 out and think everything will go back to the way it was.

Peak 6 out could be the end of the club. If we end up broke and scrapping in the first division again not many of those protesting will be going to games.

I don't like the way things are being run or the mistakes that have been been made but at this moment in time having Peak 6 as owners is better than the alternative.

I'm holding on to the hope they get the management appointment right and Bill let's them get on with it. If not than God help us.
I'd agree with yourself and James. While I would sympathise with the sentiment of the protest, unfortunately I don't think it will achieve anything and could cause more problems than it fixes, especially if some fans take it too far and try to get on the pitch. Bill isn't going anywhere in the short term and neither are Peak6. Let's no fool ourselves, there is no way that Matt will sack Bill no matter how much of a blundering mess he is making of the club or what the fans think.

I would love to see that energy going towards building an successor to Peak6 or even to work alongside them in a 50+1 model. I can't see white knights like Andy and Paul coming in to save us next time we are staring into oblivion.
This is the reality, there is nobody coming to save us. If Peak 6 go and the club manages to survive it will be down to the hard work of a minority of fans like in 2012. You won't see the lads swigging cans on the wall putting their hands in their pockets or doing the bucket collections.

The organiser(s) of this protest have a Facebook page that they are making statements on with no name attached. They have a link to an interview with the website between the strips where they are referred to as "the group spokesperson". Why not put your name to this? Why all the secrecy?
Did you watch the interviews on the podcasts no?
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 pm

shedboy4life wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:09 pm
magarnagle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

I'd agree with yourself and James. While I would sympathise with the sentiment of the protest, unfortunately I don't think it will achieve anything and could cause more problems than it fixes, especially if some fans take it too far and try to get on the pitch. Bill isn't going anywhere in the short term and neither are Peak6. Let's no fool ourselves, there is no way that Matt will sack Bill no matter how much of a blundering mess he is making of the club or what the fans think.

I would love to see that energy going towards building an successor to Peak6 or even to work alongside them in a 50+1 model. I can't see white knights like Andy and Paul coming in to save us next time we are staring into oblivion.
This is the reality, there is nobody coming to save us. If Peak 6 go and the club manages to survive it will be down to the hard work of a minority of fans like in 2012. You won't see the lads swigging cans on the wall putting their hands in their pockets or doing the bucket collections.

The organiser(s) of this protest have a Facebook page that they are making statements on with no name attached. They have a link to an interview with the website between the strips where they are referred to as "the group spokesperson". Why not put your name to this? Why all the secrecy?
Did you watch the interviews on the podcasts no?
Which podcast? I listened to the town end podcast this week they said they wanted to have someone on from the planned protest but couldn't get anyonea. I was also on the zoom about the supporters club, tbf there were lads on from the protest but not a lot of information on the agenda for the meeting with the club.

Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind that the protest was a bad idea, quite the opposite actually. The meeting with the club was a good idea but should have been postponed imo until the proposed supporters club was up and running with a better representation across the supporter base

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 2:23 pm

All three podcasts are a credit to the people producing them. Hopefully the skills of all those involved can be used in a the Supporters Club going forward.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Conan Byrne slaughtered VP in the Arena podcast this week for being ‘’ all about himself ‘’

Byrne hosted full podcast last week :-) about his OWN retirement from football :-) and the show opened up this week with Byrne introduced as the ‘’riverside Ronaldo’’.

noticed a bit of an ‘anti v perth’ attitude with LOI journos ( Dan et al) In recent weeks - maybe a our total collapse is a better story / or it undermines their previous hit pieces / or it’s because Vinnie is a ‘pundit’ now ( enjoy his stuff on Ireland to be fair ) and the pitch is not too big , so that caused joirnalist resentments perhaps.

As for Arena apart from the self indulgent stuff, Con M good lad ( even though he’s a rovers fan ) not a bad pod on a Monday afternoon walk !
Last edited by southerncomfort on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:47 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm Conan Byrne slaughtered VP in the Arena podcast this week for being ‘’ all about himself ‘’

Byrne hosted full podcast last week :-) about his OWN retirement from football :-) and the show opened up this week with Byrne introduced as the ‘’riverside Ronaldo’’.

noticed a bit of an ‘anti v perth’ attitude with LOI journos ( Dan et al) In recent weeks - maybe a our total collapse is a better story / or it undermines their previous hit pieces / or it’s because Vinnie is a ‘pundit’ now ( enjoy his stuff on Ireland to be fair ) and the pitch is not too big , so that caused joirnalist resentments perhaps.

As for Arena apart from the self indulgent stuff, Conan B good lad ( even though he’s a rovers fan ) not a bad pod on a Monday afternoon walk !
Nothing much for me to disagree with here. I’ve made my views about Dan McD clear on here before so I won’t labour the point.

I also did say before about the amount of podcasts and press we’re getting or is based on us , really adds to the frenzy that’s been around the club imo. Still love the Pressbox but the Townend is a bit long for my liking and I could get the same analysis down in Ta Tas !!
I agreed with VP’s similar take on it in his interview with Gav. He knows there’s problems from top to bottom in the club but asked for some breathing space. I reckon he’ll only get it if the team picks up a few wins.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Stef McKevitt is a former player who played at a time we were recovering from our lowest lows. Dean was part of Foster’s back room and did Trojan work helping to save the club in 2012 and is getting his badges. Gally was involved with the Ladies team I think and also coaches and Chris is a media professional. Their contacts get them good guests like former players every week. So that’s a poor assessment of their analysis in my opinion.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Popped on to The Townend Podcast for a while this evening and liked the chat about the game I have to say. Yer man Chris was at the game and said that the vibe around Oriel was so much more positive than previously, despite Shieldsy’s departure. I agree, I left the ground happy.
Vinny said it was time to give the negative stuff a break and give the team some breathing space. I didn’t see a protest tonight which was positive and hopefully the social media rumour mongering is reined in a bit

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:31 am

Quick reminder for viewers that the ‘negative stuff’ is that all the money has been spent, we have one player contracted for next season, and no one has any idea what state the club will be in in four months time.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am

We don't even know what state the club will be in two weeks time. If we don't lose any more of our must keep players the positivity may continue, however it'll soon end and protests will be back if we've lost players and results are poor again
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:27 am

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am We don't even know what state the club will be in two weeks time. If we don't lose any more of our must keep players the positivity may continue, however it'll soon end and protests will be back if we've lost players and results are poor again
I think the protesters have made their point and now it is time to actually get behind the players and support the team. Let's be honest only for some poor errors of judgement with recruitment, we would be leading the league. We beat rovers friday we are bang in the mix. Yes 8 points is still a lot of ground to make up, but it isn't half a season this year. And from our starting point, qualifying for Europe is achievable and a remarkable outcome. So let's get behind Vinny and the team.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:00 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:27 am
Louth4sam wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am We don't even know what state the club will be in two weeks time. If we don't lose any more of our must keep players the positivity may continue, however it'll soon end and protests will be back if we've lost players and results are poor again
I think the protesters have made their point and now it is time to actually get behind the players and support the team. Let's be honest only for some poor errors of judgement with recruitment, we would be leading the league. We beat rovers friday we are bang in the mix. Yes 8 points is still a lot of ground to make up, but it isn't half a season this year. And from our starting point, qualifying for Europe is achievable and a remarkable outcome. So let's get behind Vinny and the team.
Unfortunately there is a lot more at play than just some poor errors of judgment with recruitment. We have more off field problems than on field.

This is an important couple of weeks. We could lose a lot of our better players whilst being stuck with underperforming high paid players that nobody would take off our hands. Our squad is very bloated with average to poor players. If we can somehow preform some slight of hand and offload the dross and bring in a few hungry players of suitable quality maybe, just maybe we can start looking at top three
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:17 pm

Good listen this on the LOI Central podcast this week, John Mountney was on.. Conor O Grady on Sligo academy players. 6 started v Bohemians, 3 in Subs. https://t.co/pEBODHumGP?amp=1

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Ste Maher on the town end podcast was a great listen. Maybe an ideal slot in our back room staff ? Seems keen
This and men who saved football on a long drive , quality getting really good

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 pm

dbl post