Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 am

Must win game tonight. If we were to drop more points we could be in real trouble.

I think we can put in a performance and get the win under our belts. This could get the ball rolling on our season. Zahibo will certainly make his debut at some stage.

Magilton, Mc Donnell and Rossi in charge of the squad so couldnt possibly pick a team although I personally hope Cherrie is in goals.

Ill go for 2-0 win.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:47 am

Who is the defensive co-ordinator tonight? Jim? With Stephen on offence and guiseppe on special teams?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Derry v Dundalk | League Series 6 | Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium | 7.45pm

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:17 am

Hard to call this one, players have to start showing what they can do. They can no longer hide behind the excuse of "communication". Will be interesting to see who has control on the sideline.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:30 am

Pepsi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:17 am Hard to call this one, players have to start showing what they can do. They can no longer hide behind the excuse of "communication". Will be interesting to see who has control on the sideline.
Why can't they use communication as an excuse? Who currently is the manager Pepsi? Nothing has changed apart from 2 of the personnel. Guiseppe is still there and Jim and Stephen have come in to replace Filippo and Shane. So 3 voices again in the dressing room. You would imagine magilton is in charge but who honestly knows.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:47 am

I would certainly hope they have learned from the mistakes of the past. Like I said, it will be interesting to see who is giving instructions. Somehow I feel it might be Stephan or Jim.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:49 am

Pepsi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:47 am I would certainly hope they have learned from the mistakes of the past. Like I said, it will be interesting to see who is giving instructions. Somehow I feel it might be Stephan or Jim.
You would imagine Jim.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 am

I really do think this set up in the interim will help us and we will get the win.

Feeling optimistic, Roll on tonight.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:26 am

Some small changes would help this team immensely. Play at a higher intensity from the off not just when we're chasing the game, stop dropping so deep when the opposition has the ball and close the gap between Hoban and midfield so he has to drop back constantly to collect the ball.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:29 am

Imo JM will pick the side he obviously has respect for Stephen who will assist this evening i would like to see Jim keep the job he's a high profile appointed and more than capable of doing the job but if not the next appointed will be our 5th manager since sk left and the next man in simply has to work....1-0 Dundalk tonight...

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Its not uncommon for big clubs in their own leagues to have problems after an iconic figure leaves, we suffered badly for 2-3 years after McLaughlin left in 83. Yes its not great at the min but we still won the league, then a cup and EL group stages after SK left, but to compare it to right now, second bottom, no manager, confidence low ? This is quick decline that needs fixing.

You could say same for Rovers when they moved to Tolka, in England, look at Man U on their 4th or is it 5th manager after Fergie, Forest the same after Clough, never challenged again, possibly Celtic after Rodgers too, to an extent, Lennon did win treble, but they were dreadful this season and he didnt improve things.

We need to get the next appointment right and a win tonight is essential in our attempts to kick start the season.

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Positive thing Mike this time is that there is a voice at the table who is taken seriously and who knows a little more than the Americans about the LOI. Added to that, JM knows he has to work with the person he recommends. He certainly went after Stephan for the academy ... so we can only hope Peak6 will trust him again.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:10 pm

I think Junior should start. He’s good for a goal, something we can’t say about others in our MF

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm

Pepsi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:44 pm Positive thing Mike this time is that there is a voice at the table who is taken seriously and who knows a little more than the Americans about the LOI. Added to that, JM knows he has to work with the person he recommends. He certainly went after Stephan for the academy ... so we can only hope Peak6 will trust him again.
Which indicates it is Gerard lyttle which underwhelms me. It pangs of a jobs for the boys appointment.

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Like to see team as
Abibi
Jurkovskies Cleary Nattistad Leavy
Shields Stanton
Junior McElaney Duffy
Mitsogen

Pepsi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Pepsi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm
Pepsi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:44 pm Positive thing Mike this time is that there is a voice at the table who is taken seriously and who knows a little more than the Americans about the LOI. Added to that, JM knows he has to work with the person he recommends. He certainly went after Stephan for the academy ... so we can only hope Peak6 will trust him again.
Which indicates it is Gerard lyttle which underwhelms me. It pangs of a jobs for the boys appointment.
Just answered this in another thread..... basic question ..... would it be better to have a trainer at the helm who has something to prove and his mate has his back or is it better to have someone with no links to the club who is only doing it for the money on offer?? I would certainly hope that the 2 mates felt they could do a job, Lyttle maybe has something to prove and if they stand together to get what they need from Peak6 surely it is a win win. Players would also know that Jim is the boss and Lyttle would have his full support. FG was not his man .... may have lead to him not fighting as hard as he would for his mate.